• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Years
Hello,
I've been playing with this team and I'm having alot of trouble beating Stall. Mainly Jellicent, preventing me to RS at all! >:|

Infalna (Salamence) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Jewel (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Crimson (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Stinger (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Narcissus (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

Heatran @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock

Anybody can recommend moveset or pokemon changes?
I would like to keep Milotic and Salamence, though
I think Starmie and Scizor work well too.
so basically, any Idea what to replace Ferrothorn and/or Heatran with?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hello,
I've been playing with this team and I'm having alot of trouble beating Stall. Mainly Jellicent, preventing me to RS at all! >:|

Infalna (Salamence) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Jewel (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Crimson (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Stinger (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Narcissus (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

Heatran @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock

Anybody can recommend moveset or pokemon changes?
I would like to keep Milotic and Salamence, though
I think Starmie and Scizor work well too.
so basically, any Idea what to replace Ferrothorn and/or Heatran with?
What you need here is something else that can take Jellicent down besides Starmie and Ferrothorn, like Rotom-W or Jolteon:

Rotom-W:
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 232 HP/56 SAtk/220 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave
-Pain Split
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/28 SAtk/232 SDef

or
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Thunderbolt
-Trick/Thunderbolt
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Jolteon:
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb

Even though it shares a Fire weakness with Ferrothorn, Celebi could work too:
-Giga Drain/Psychic
-Recover
-U-turn
-Perish Song/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/236 SDef/20 Spe

or
-Leaf Storm
-Earth Power/Psychic/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Thunder Wave/U-turn
-Recover
EVs: 56 HP/252 SAtk/200 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

or
-Nasty Plot
-Giga Drain
-Earth Power/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Psychic/Recover/Hidden Power (Ice)
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Earth Power/Psychic
-U-turn/Trick
Item: Choice Scarf

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2016
breeding perfect pokemon

ok so i m trying to get the best out of dragons i like there power this is just a list of pokemon i m trying to make perfect. pls r8/comment. Pls let me know your opinions

salamence.png

Salamence
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Chpice Scarf
Iv Statistics: HP:30,Atk:30,Def:30,Sp.Atk:30,Sp.Def:30,Spd:31
Ev Training: HP10,Sp.Atk248,Spe252
Moveset:
Dragon Pulse
Heat Wave
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power [Flying]

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Salamence is outclassed as a special attacker by Lati@s and Hydreigon. If you've looked at Salamence's base stats, it clearly favors physical attacking (it has 135 Attack and 110 Special Attack; while its Special Attack is good as well, Salamence still favors physical attacking, though it can go mixed) and it also has Moxie to accumulate Attack boosts as it KOs opponents:
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Aqua Tail
Nature: Naive/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie

Salamence also can take its high Attack and Speed to new levels with Dragon Dance:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Hydro Pump
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

As mentioned previously, Salamence can go mixed:
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
Nature: Naive
EVs: 64 Atk/252 SAtk/192 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
So i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to do the ditto HIGH IV method. I want to get an arcanine to have its att. and speed at its max and i hear HIGH IV is what i have to do first. Also how would i know my ditto has a HIGH IV in Speed or Att?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to do the ditto HIGH IV method. I want to get an arcanine to have its att. and speed at its max and i hear HIGH IV is what i have to do first. Also how would i know my ditto has a HIGH IV in Speed or Att?

A perfect IV (of 31) is ideal, but IVs of 20-30 are acceptable, IMO. A 'mon with a perfect Attack IV would have the "Likes to thrash about" characteristic; a perfect Speed IV should display "Alert to sounds". But just because those characteristics are on the screen doesn't mean the IV is perfect, as that IV could be 26, 21, 16, 11, 6 or even 1.

To pass down IVs, have the parent with the desired IV hold a Power item. They can be bought at the Battle Subway/PWT for 16 BP each:
-Power Weight: HP
-Power Bracer: Attack
-Power Belt: Defense
-Power Lens: Special Attack
-Power Band: Special Defense
-Power Anklet: Speed

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
A perfect IV (of 31) is ideal, but IVs of 20-30 are acceptable, IMO. A 'mon with a perfect Attack IV would have the "Likes to thrash about" characteristic; a perfect Speed IV should display "Alert to sounds". But just because those characteristics are on the screen doesn't mean the IV is perfect, as that IV could be 26, 21, 16, 11, 6 or even 1.

To pass down IVs, have the parent with the desired IV hold a Power item. They can be bought at the Battle Subway/PWT for 16 BP each:
-Power Weight: HP
-Power Bracer: Attack
-Power Belt: Defense
-Power Lens: Special Attack
-Power Band: Special Defense
-Power Anklet: Speed

How would i know if the IV is 31,26,21,11 etc? (People say i have to use rare candies and battle online but, i cant connect since i have a WPA and not WEP)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
You can change your WPA security to WEP; or just stick to the Rare Candy Method. You can ask around the Trade Corner if they have Dittos with perfect IVs, too.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Ok soooo i finally understand IV's (thanks guys) and i heard you can get 3 Perfect IVs on a pokemon. So my question is, which 3 IV's should i get on a tyranitar and an arcanine? Also what EV should i focus more on for both?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok soooo i finally understand IV's (thanks guys) and i heard you can get 3 Perfect IVs on a pokemon. So my question is, which 3 IV's should i get on a tyranitar and an arcanine? Also what EV should i focus more on for both?

Ideally, Tyranitar uses a specially defensive spread (252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef), but it can go offensive it has to (180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe for Choice Band or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe for Choice Scarf). Hence a combination of HP, Attack, Special Defense or Speed. Arcanine should just focus on Attack and Speed.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Ok, I'm not planing on evolving Eevee! My Eevee has the nature Modest and that provides an increase in Sp.Atk and a decrease in Attack so which stat/stats should i EV train for competitive battles and how many points should I put in them? I want my Eevee to be annoying to my oppontent, making him/her think that its almost impossible to beat and with that said, I would like some tips also on a good or effective moveset.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok, I'm not planing on evolving Eevee! My Eevee has the nature Modest and that provides an increase in Sp.Atk and a decrease in Attack so which stat/stats should i EV train for competitive battles and how many points should I put in them? I want my Eevee to be annoying to my oppontent, making him/her think that its almost impossible to beat and with that said, I would like some tips also on a good or effective moveset.

Eevee's movepool is very shallow, so it can't really do much. And it must evolve so that it actually has a fighting chance. Given that it has a Modest nature, Vaporeon may seem like the way to go for it; Jolteon and Espeon are better as Timid while Glaceon outright sucks in standard play:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)
-Shadow Ball (if Water Absorb)/Rest (if Hydration and if on a Rain team)
EVs: 212 Def/252 SAtk/44 Spe
Item: Life Orb

If you really want to keep Eevee as is, then you're going to have a hard time with that, because of its low offensive stats and the previously mentioned bad movepool; this is something I pulled straight from my head:
-Heal Bell/Wish
-Toxic
-Hyper Voice/Return
-Shadow Ball/Iron Tail
Nature: Modest/Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk or SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I have an Alakazam and Arcanine that work best with Life Orb. Problem is only one of them can use it in Wi-Fi's and such. Who would best benefit from Orb and what would be a suitable replacement for life orb or the other?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I have an Alakazam and Arcanine that work best with Life Orb. Problem is only one of them can use it in Wi-Fi's and such. Who would best benefit from Orb and what would be a suitable replacement for life orb or the other?

If you're stuck with the Item Clause, as long as Alakazam has Magic Guard give it the Life Orb. It will get the power boost without receiving the 10% damage loss per attack. You can give Arcanine an Expert Belt, will only power up super effective moves by 1.3x, but it doesn't cost you the damage.

If Zam doesn't Magic Guard, just switch the two items around. Or, if you want to, you could potentially give Zam Choice Specs instead. Just will have to be more careful as you'll get locked into whatever move you choose.

Back