• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Meet Xerneas and Yveltal

With the 6th Generation of Pokemon, comes a new set of legendaries; X and Y.

What are your opinions on these Pokemon? How do you think they look and talk about all speculation here.

Legendary Pokemon from 1:12 in:

Pictures:
602943_285525491569402_1342264618_n.jpg
I like X better, I know it's just a deer but it's still less overrated than a dragon, maybe if we could get a clearer picture without him glowing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Other than Yveltal obviously being a Flying-type, I really can't for the life of me guess what types they will be. This time around, I'm not sure the color schemes are going to be very helpful... like how when Reshiram and Zekrom were released, we only were able to guess their types because of how their tails looked.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The names are a bit weird and might be difficult to pronounce, but they sound elegant! I like them, as well as their looks. I like how they don't look related, and I hope they're not. The idea of the two main legends in Pokemon main games being related in some way is getting to be tired. Lugia and Ho-Oh had nothing to do with each other and I thought that was fine. But there's just no need for them to have some bind, so I hope there isn't. If it happens, then oh well, but still.

And I hope they're not Dragon types...if that's already been revealed though, sorry. Just got home, lol. :P

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Bambi from Pandora or a red kite.. Hmm

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I really like these legends. I am also having a hard time picking, especially because there aren't great clear images of each yet. I'm leaning towards Yveltal, but I still love Xerneas. Hoping they aren't dragon, mostly the flying one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can't help but think that Yveltal is part Electric, seriously those black lines in it's underside look like bolts. So my guess is still Electric/ either Flying or Dark (if it's Dark than it should have levitate as it's ability).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can't help but think that Yveltal is part Electric, seriously those black lines in it's underside look like bolts. So my guess is still Electric/ either Flying or Dark (if it's Dark than it should have levitate as it's ability).

I think dark/flying or NOTHING AT ALL. Because really it looks like dark, so it has to have dark somewhere. :( It's like wasting its potential! Or unless there's a new typing ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Yveltal just constantly reminds me of the 5th colossus in Shadow of the Colossus lol. I can't wait to see a clearer image.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I definitely get the Dark feeling from Yveltal, although I feel it will be Dark/Flying obviously cause of its flying nature. Xerneas seems to be Grass mixed with maybe Steel or Psychic. I'd love to see a Light type which I think Xerneas would be, but hey I thought Zekrom was going to be Dragon/Dark and Reshiram Dragon/Light as they were part of the Tao trio. So the Light type may be pushing it.

Years
Actually Yvetal could be ghost too. When I first saw Darkrai I thought it was going to be part Ghost but it was not...this may be the reverse of that in which a dark looking pokemon is ghost type. Or maybe even better, Yvetal is a Dark/Ghost Pokemon with Levitate!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm adoring Xerneas ahh, I've been waiting for a legendary like this! But Yveltal I'm really not so keen on right now. I know there's not much to base it on at the moment so fingers crossed for the future, but everything about it as of yet is pretty disappointing, especially the name :(

Years
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about their names... Well for Xerneas, all I can think of is the organization from the KH games :P
Lol I thought of Xemnas too when I first heard it's name.

I think Yvetal being flat like gives it a yin yang relation to Xerneas as X is the flat axis while Y is the upward axis (the horns which make it seem tall and majestic)

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I definitely get the Dark feeling from Yveltal, although I feel it will be Dark/Flying obviously cause of its flying nature. Xerneas seems to be Grass mixed with maybe Steel or Psychic. I'd love to see a Light type which I think Xerneas would be, but hey I thought Zekrom was going to be Dragon/Dark and Reshiram Dragon/Light as they were part of the Tao trio. So the Light type may be pushing it.
Oh, ditto on everything.

After noticing how Yveltal's top side is black with white diamonds, and the menacing claws and black horns... definitely looks like a Dark/Flying to me, now. A lot of the Japanese people are thinking this, too.

IF they were going to introduce a Light type, this would be a great time to do so. Any time is a great time, I guess. Hopefully it would bring some balance to the type chart. Xerneas' glowing horns and serene demeanor would be a good fit. I think I'd want to see a few old Pokemon pick up the type, though. Keep in mind, though, that since "Dark" in Japan is "Evil," "Light" in America would be "Good" in Japan. So although there might be some attacks that are based on actual light, like Aurora Beam and Flash, I think most of them wouldn't be. Almost all the Dark-type attacks are based on fighting dirty or cheating. A type based on doing the right thing and playing fair is kind of counter-intuitive for a game like this, since Light-type Pokemon would most likely seek not to fight if at all possible... though I suppose Light-types would seek to punish Dark-types.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Ugh... they do give me the same Light/Dark feeling I got when Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed. I'm not gonna get my hopes up though, but It would surely be a breathe of fresh air to have to adapt to a new type, and to start of with a legendary representing it. I wouldn't even mind if Xerneas was the ONLY light type. I really wish we had Sugimori art for them...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Well if it is anything like last generation I believe Zek and Reshi got their typing released a few days after their release. So we shouldn't have too long of a wait I'd think. And I always thought they had Fighting as the proverbial "Good" as it triumphs over the Dark.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Woah.

I'm amazed almost everybody likes Xerneas. I think it's ugly a common design.
Voted for Yveltal though, it's just looks more badass :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Woah.

I'm amazed almost everybody likes Xerneas. I think it's ugly a common design.
Voted for Yveltal though, it's just looks more badass :3

I agree entirely about Xerneas. :( I think it just lacks in anything exciting and is just a mix of legendaries from fourth/fifth gen while Yveltal looks completely unique honestly.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Guys, just read it somewhere.
Xerneas may be based on a Chital. Guess what the Scientific name of a Chital is. "Axis Axis"

Back