• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
I'm hoping I can finish the elite four and victory road and such in a day or two. I'll let you know what comes after that, as I'm playing/translating blind. Apparently there's a second region, so I guess it would be the ninth badge? :P

you didn't know there was a second region?
Its the Lauren league has 8 gyms,elite 4, champion and then theres the world championship

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I'll take your suggestions into consideration.

I've considered, and decided to ignore them completely.

By the way, the seventh gym is done. ;)

its your choice if you want to ignore our suggestions.i hope you can prove to us that you can translate the game by your own.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ash why don't you help snakebyte?why the two of you don't help each other so that the game will be finish s0on without any bugs..that will make everyone happy..im just asking
I am kinda helping by answering Snakey's questions =)
He does not need more help right now =)

I'll take your suggestions into consideration.

I've considered, and decided to ignore them completely.
Now that was not nice :/

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
Snake could I please have the patch to what you have so far .. I just really want to play this game and I dont mind passing on any glitches I find within it

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014

I am kinda helping by answering Snakey's questions =)
He does not need more help right now =)

Now that was not nice :/

i agree with you..ash don't you have your own english version of LP?as far as i know,you and sarcastic prince help each other to translate the game.so it means that you have the copy of that translated game??

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
People, all I'm saying is, we don't need everyone getting there own piece of the english LP unless you wanna beta test, and beta testing is covered, if not, then you can ask the person (or people since I don't really know whats going on rght now, I just got back from vacation) in charge of the LP english translation

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Seriously? What's 'not nice' is people with barely any posts here who can't write proper English trying to tell me how I should do the job I am only doing for you people. If you don't want to respect the work I'm doing, I just won't do it. I don't need this crap. (EDIT: Not directed at Ash. Ash has been helpful. :))

Tcoppy, you might want to hold off on that. I'll be providing you (and my other testers) with a beta that goes up to the end of the Zhery region later this weekend. On the off chance that I don't make it that far, I'll just send you guys my progress then instead. I'm going away for a few days on Monday, as I said earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
People, just be patient. Sarcastic Prince is gone, Ash isn't in charge of the translation, and Snakebyte works at his own pace. (which I think is pretty fast) If you want him to do something your way, suggest it and expect him to turn it down. Instead of complaining, try contributing.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Can someone provide me with a dl link for the English version if it got released already? I couldn't find any.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
*punches fist in air*

EIGHTH GYM COMPLETE!

That was the most ridiculously hugely long event in the history of exposition. ._.;

EDIT: Oh, and Persie -> Percy.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Looks like a short Victory road (which I'm almost done) and then an ordinary league. I might finish it tonight. If not, tomorrow for sure.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
So you are telling that the game, translatet and ready could come up in like 2 days?
sorry for not having patient but this game is way to good, i relay want to play it as soon as possible.

GOod work! =)

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
No, I am not. There is a second region. I have only (almost) finished the first.

Alright! The Zhery region is now complete, and the translation 'beta' has been sent out to my four or five testers. I'm a bit ahead of schedule, but I'll be gone for most of this week. No internet access from Monday to Wednesday, and I might just take another day or two off besides.

That's the half-way mark, folks, and I'm still on track to release the full translation before the end of the month.

EDIT: Crap, I double-posted.

Oh, did I mention Rukia -> Lucia? Because Rukia -> Lucia.

Last edited:

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
That's really good progress :d If (big if) the translation is complete, do you plan to release a 0.5 patch including the first region, or are you gonna hold off until the end?

And, don't listen to the haters. Your doing a great job for the community, and it would be a shame for a few selfish people to ruin it.

Back