• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I've always hated long car trips. Especially when you're driving by yourself. Sucks majorly, yo.

My grandma gave me a bunch of old cutlery and kitchenware today. I shouldn't have to buy too many things for my new place. I'm pretty stoked about that.

Also, it is bedtime for me.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Wha? I loooove long journeys, lol. Just there sat to yourself listening to music and thinking about whatever you want to. Or at least that's what I do. It bugs me so much when someone disturbs me when I'm like that. Am I weird? ):

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Wha? I loooove long journeys, lol. Just there sat to yourself listening to music and thinking about whatever you want to. Or at least that's what I do. It bugs me so much when someone disturbs me when I'm like that. Am I weird? ):
You're not alone in this. Not weird at all, I love long car journeys solely because it gives me the opportunity to sit and listen to whole albums all the way through without any distractions.

And as mentioned, it's a great excuse to stop off at a service station and shove your mouth full of unhealthy, greasy fast food.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm not big on long car rides, especially since I'm so impatient. It also doesn't help that I've been back and forth between the country four times via car within eight years of my life. I just...can't stand that much. Yeah, it's pretty cool to sight-see and look at all of the unfamiliar things wherever you are, but moving from one state to another just makes me angry and bitter; mostly because we were moving, I guess.

If I were just going around the country as a vacation, I probably wouldn't mind so much, because there are still a bunch of states I haven't been to. I think I'd like it more if it were with friends or if I was touring in a band or something.

Years
Yeh, it is just nice to get lost in the music. When I am on the train, I always have my music with me and just block out the other ANNOYING passengers on the train.

Last time I was on, there was a screaming child with parents who were doing nothing about it. If I didn't have my music to block the whole thing out, I would have ended up killing someone.​

Years
Man, I remember when I was on a flight to Australia and there was a crying child who was just SO LOUD that even with full blast on the entertainment system, I could still hear it >_______<

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I dislike greatly when they turn the music and/or the movies so loud that you can't even concentrate on your music.

And the bus movies are usually so terrible, to add insult to injury.

Years
I have my music loud enough so that I can block everything out, but it isn't that loud that it annoys other people. I don't want to be 'one of those people'. ;_;​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
There is an even worse breed of jerk- the ones who don't even use headphones and just play music out loud. I feel like punching them, but they usually look like they could be easily carrying a knife.

Years
The ones that sit at the back of the bus? Yeh, I have had many a arguments with people like them.

Best one was I asked someone to turn their music down as it was wayyyy too loud. They told me to F off, I turned around and asked them again, they started doing the whole 'big man' act and then this old lady got up, walked to the back and sat next to him. She looked at him and just went, out of the blue in a scary voice "Turn it off now sunny, I brought up your mother and she wouldn't be happy to hear this story about you."

He turned it off. XDD​

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Don't mess with old ladies... they ain't afraid of anything xD

Though as a frequent rider of Greyhound, I can attest to the shady characters that are often on board... at least their buses have wi-fi now.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Yeh, it is just nice to get lost in the music. When I am on the train, I always have my music with me and just block out the other ANNOYING passengers on the train.

Last time I was on, there was a screaming child with parents who were doing nothing about it. If I didn't have my music to block the whole thing out, I would have ended up killing someone.
Holy crap, this is one of the things I hate so much about public transport. Screaming children whose parents choose to do absolutely nothing, not even attempting to shut the damn thing up. It's like they think everyone else on the bus/train is in love with their child as much as they are and we think it's just as cute. It's not cute. It's bloody annoying.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I once witnessed the guy sitting next to me on a city bus rolling his own marijuana joint, then sell to the guy sitting across the aisle. I couldn't wait to get myself off that bus, lol

Years
I took the bus into the city yesterday and surprisingly there were no obnoxious people.

Once I was actually in the city it was a different story. The smell of marijuana was everywhere and at least three people asked me if I had some 'bud.' One person even offered it to me.

droomph

weeb
Years
The last time I took a public bus (aside from school) there was a lot of poor-looking people and one woman who was complaining that she got busted for smoking weed in the parking lot of the courthouse while there for a friend who got busted for DUI. I didn't remember every detail, but it was an awesome story.

And for some reason, when I go on the bus (or public transportation) for any self-related reason, I hear a new drunk-guy story. It's helped me understand society so much more.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I'm usually there to witness drunks on buses whenever I have to take one. You always get alcoholics and other weirdos taking the bus around my area. It can be scary sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back