• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Years
I just got a infraction for spelling god d-word the right way, it should probably be ****ed out like the other swear words ... just saying
Except that such a word wouldn't be asterisked out as it's not on our filter, and doesn't count as a swear word here.

I'm fairly certain you got infracted for the other word you used in that post that did get censored out - words like that are what will cause you to get such an infraction.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I'll probably get tagged and bagged for being off-Topic, but this Thread had over 1 Month absence before someone else Posted (23rd February - 11th June). Shouldn't it be locked like other Threads? Or did I miss something in the Forum Description?

:t152:
Nope, stickies don't apply to the revival rule. ^^;

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
Years
I have a quick question. I got a light blueish mark on my user CP, but no points or reason why I have it, its just there. what does it mean?

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2009
i had an infraction that said i was banned, but i could still make posts, well if i could still make posts and everything then what does banning do exactly?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
The moderator was just joking with you. When someone is banned, they cant even see the forum. They see a message saying they are banned and why. And until it is lifted, you can't get into the forum. You are kicked out, banned.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Character limit breakage says up to five times. Because I feel I will end up doing that five times in the years to come (indeed, the honest reason behind the post), I ask: what happens after five times?

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Character limit breakage says up to five times. Because I feel I will end up doing that five times in the years to come (indeed, the honest reason behind the post), I ask: what happens after five times?

2 points infraction, two weeks, as the rules say.

Good guess XD

Honest

Hi!
Years
A few questions. If a member is banned, then why do they appear in the members list, and two, if you are banned, can you see the forum as a guest? xD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
A few questions. If a member is banned, then why do they appear in the members list, and two, if you are banned, can you see the forum as a guest? xD

If you're banned and you log into your account; your technically online and therefore your on the Currently Active Users list. I'm pretty sure banned members don't appear on the Members List.

And yes, you can, assuming you delete your cookies, I think. However, that doesn't work if you're IP banned. Then all you can see is a message telling you that you've been IP banned.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Why should I get an infraction for writing "25charrule" at the end of my post? 25 is too high of a limit. Sometimes there's just nothing to say.

I bet you by the end of this sentence, I'll have 25 characters.

^ Oh my, would you look at that? That's 63 characters right there. If I can type 63 characters in one sentence, I'm quite positive anybody else can reach 25 characters. Thousands of members manage to do it regardless. So clearly it isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be, regardless of what's left to say.

With that said, 25 characters is not hard to reach at all. Besides, if you don't have anything important to say, don't say it at all. A good thing to do is to use your brain when posting. Not just posting for the hell of it, just to up your post count or something.

Years
I bet you by the end of this sentence, I'll have 25 characters.

^ Oh my, would you look at that? That's 63 characters right there. If I can type 63 characters in one sentence, I'm quite positive anybody else can reach 25 characters. Thousands of members manage to do it regardless. So clearly it isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be, regardless of what's left to say.

With that said, 25 characters is not hard to reach at all. Besides, if you don't have anything important to say, don't say it at all. A good thing to do is to use your brain when posting. Not just posting for the hell of it, just to up your post count or something.

Clearly it depends on the topic. If the topic is "What do you think of [Pokemon]?", then I want to be able to say "He looks dumb." and leave it at that. Adding meanlingless drivel like "this is just my opinion" or "that's just me" is pointless, and I think it makes me look stupid.

Also, if I was REALLY concerned about my post count, I would have more than 50 posts in 4 months.

Back