• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
hello , i need help please.
I am in snowce city (7 badge ) , and i can't found the gim leader , i spoke with solana and she said that it was her last battle... and after i got the HM8 dive , but i dont know what i have to do after can any one help me ?
.....Go to the cave where you travel to get to Snowce city and in the beginning part of the cave you'll see her

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
hey first off thx for this awesome hack and thx for the translation!

I have the same glitched up intro with the portugues at the beginning tho...

I have patched it to a Ruby 1.0 ROM found on 4 shared
I set the save to Flash 128K
I even deleted the vba config file

I still can't get it to work properly... anybody got a hint?

oh... and i patched it with LUNAR IPS....

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I remember someone offering a Lapras before...and now i'm considering using it. Does anyone know where that person is because I sorta forgot.
It's in Seanport City :)

hey first off thx for this awesome hack and thx for the translation!

I have the same glitched up intro with the portugues at the beginning tho...

I have patched it to a Ruby 1.0 ROM found on 4 shared
I set the save to Flash 128K
I even deleted the vba config file

I still can't get it to work properly... anybody got a hint?

oh... and i patched it with LUNAR IPS....
Did you delete your save file from your old game(if you played this hack before)?

Years
hey snakebyte
got very excited when u released the translated version but felt very annoyed when its nt working on my cell. I am not asking you how to solve as u already said so. I am asking other members that i have patched it frm that 4shared site. Hasn't played previously so got no old save file to b deleted. Patched with lunar ips but why its nt working.
Whenever i start the game the screen turns white and nothing furthur happens.....
I am using vbag emulator for my nokia. Has someone else used it? To help me with the problem?

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
One small issue I have with this game, and it is very minor, is that Mienshao has Arceus' icon in the party. Other than the other minor glitches that people have mentioned, which don't bother me, everything runs excellently so far (up to Seanport City). Really impressed with the game, thanks for translating it so quickly.

EDIT:Just played a little longer and Mienshao's in-battle sprite hovers above the text box, again very minor.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
trufles: If I release an updated version, it'll have one! I just forgot. :)

alienhunterx: You're probably not using a Ruby 1.0 rom. You should try to get it working on your computer first, to make sure you have a good rom, then copy it to the phone. If it DOES work on your computer, then yes, this is a question for other people. Thanks for realizing that. :)

PhantomArceus493: Thanks! I don't have a clue how to fix that, sorry. :P

leews24

ha
Years
Hey is Elctivire supposed to level down after evolving? Cuz before evolution, it was like 39( idont remember exactly, it was somewhere above 38) and it suddenly leveled down to 37.

This should be a bug, i think

geeklord98765

geeklord98765
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2011
No one replied to my previous post......can someone atleast tell me when does the player recieve running shoes??

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
leews24: It's a bug, but not one I know how to fix. I know what needs fixing, but I don't have a tool to do it.

geeklord: After the first gym.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
So far the only bugs I have run into (other than the ones you mentioned in my LP thread) are Gen 5 Pokes having misplaced entries in the Pokedex (Mienfoo having Natu's for example) but I don't think that's too big of a deal at all. Second LP ep up tonight and I have a guest commentator, so bugs and opinions will be given at twice the normal rate :P

Thanks to the walkthrough page you recommended me, I have formed my eventual permanent party and it is very good.

QUESTION:
Was looking at Smallbirdie's walkthrough and there's no mention of a fire stone. Is there any place in the game to get one?

Once again, really loving this hack. it's awesome.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
ANSWER: Yes, but it's pretty far in. Sorry, but I don't remember where exactly... It might not be until the second region. There's definitely a stone store in the second region, but I remember finding a few before that.

Also, I just caught that I referred to Kaori as 'she' there... The sprite's pretty ambiguous, but I'm leaning towards dude now. Whoops?

EDIT: I let Smallbirdie know you were looking for a fire stone, and you get the running shoes right after the first gym. No clue how to change that, sorry. Also, let me know if you want me to tell you what to do next. There was a hint, but you missed it. Glad you're enjoying it. *salute*

Oh, and would you rather me be responding here or in the LP thread? o.O

Last edited:

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
ANSWER: Yes, but it's pretty far in. Sorry, but I don't remember where exactly... It might not be until the second region. There's definitely a stone store in the second region, but I remember finding a few before that.

Also, I just caught that I referred to Kaori as 'she' there... The sprite's pretty ambiguous, but I'm leaning towards dude now. Whoops?

EDIT: I let Smallbirdie know you were looking for a fire stone, and you get the running shoes right after the first gym. No clue how to change that, sorry. Also, let me know if you want me to tell you what to do next. There was a hint, but you missed it. Glad you're enjoying it. *salute*

Oh, and would you rather me be responding here or in the LP thread? o.O

I think it's more proper in the forum rules to post questions here but if you want to leave infobits in the LP thread, feel free to. I know where to go btw and I can figure it out from there. Oak is in the radio tower and stuff :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
It's in Seanport City :)

Did you delete your save file from your old game(if you played this hack before)?

haven't played it before so no save files to delete...

but thx for ur help anyways anybody got other ideas?

Back