• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gen 1 Pokémon Fan Club

Which starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
The Gen 1 Pokemon Fan Club

Konachan.com_20-_20125813_20blastoise_20brown_hair_20charizard_20hat_20lapras_20pikachu_20pokemon__large.jpg

Welcome to the Gen 1 Pokémon fan club! Whether you chose Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, or Pikachu, you are welcome here!!!

Rules

- No spam.

- Follow the other basic PokéCommunity rules.

- Please don't be a genwunner, that's not the purpose of the club.

Sign-up form

Example:
[B]Your username:[/b]
[B]Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:[/b]
[B]Why did you choose to join this club?:[/b]
And remember to answer one of the current topics.​

Club member list

Mew - Mew (derp)
CloysterOyster - Bulbasaur
Olli - Pidgey
mudkipbubbles - Charmander
FayAurora - Dragonair
Regeneration - Gengar
RoreyG - Charizard
Powerserge - Mewtwo
Banz - Ninetales
PuppeteerMask - Beedrill
AlexOzzyCake - Sandshrew
yeahhhboiii - Starmie
thefallendetective - Pidgeot
FIKRI 29 - Arcanine
Meaii - Squirtle
Manfred - Snorlax
Zoka - Haunter
Squirtle17 - Blastoise
ps3smileyface - Blastoise
LolPizzaLol - Zapdos
Fenneking - Rapidash
Mokoko - Eevee
Chuckles - Mewtwo
Black Dynamite - Arcanine
Perdition Haze - Vulpix
DarkEmeraldRarity - Gengar
Kirby X - Gengar
Thepizzatree - Charizard
Umbr30n - Mewtwo
TrinityLovesPokemon - Growlithe
Soldier Randy - Charmander
Bruce Banner - Magmar
Wicked3DS - Charizard
Venitardus - Golbat
Sheep - Flareon
Scraggyland - Charizard
Saphyre - Arcanine
Current topics

Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, and Pikachu).

What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat?
Spoiler:

Thanks Olli for some general help on the club.

Banners:

Spoiler:

(By Chuckles, not my creation)

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Pokémon Yellow was the first game I played so Pikachu was my starter Pokémon. I think I have a Blue version though and I think my starter there was Bulbasaur. I love the sprites by the way.

Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Bulbasaur
Favorite generation 1 Pokémon: That's a hard one. I would say Eevee because of its ability to evolve into 8 different Pokémon.
Why I chose to join this club: Nostalgia of the first generation Pokémon
Current topic: because a Grass-type like Bulbasaur helped me get through the first 3 gyms with ease (Rock from Brock, Water from Misty and Electric from Lt. Surge).

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Remember, this club is for FireRed and LeafGreen, kinda, too!
Well, not really. Firered and Leafgreen are technically third generation games, since that was the generation in which they were made, and they include all third generation Pokemon, even though a lot of them aren't even catch-able in-game. However, even if they had been first generation games, it wouldn't really matter, since the club is about the Pokemon, not the games :p

Your username: Olli97
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Pidgey!
Why did you choose to join this club?: Despite the second generation games being my favourites, I've always liked the Pokemon of the first generation the best, since they were the originals and all, the first ones I ever got to know, and the first generation of Pokemon is the only one where I can name every single Pokemon and their typing in order with certainty :p This is probably mainly due to the fact that my combined playtime of both my Blue version and my Leafgreen version, I've played the games taking place in Kanto just a tad bit more, and thus, I am just a tad bit more familiar with the first generation Pokemon.

Why did you choose your current partner Pokemon?

Pidgey is my favourite Pokemon of all, mainly because it was the first Pokemon I ever caught and fully raised, excluding my starter. However, I honestly preferred Pidgey over my starter, because Pidgey was a Pokemon I actually had to catch, thus actually putting challenge into it, rather than just being handed the Pokemon. And to add on that, Pidgeys were actually actually tougher in R/B/G/Y than they were in the remakes, starting with Gust, which, even though it was a Normal type move back then, was just a bit stronger than what we usually see on Pidgeys today :p But yeah, I always really liked Pidgey, and when I got one in the second generation games as well, my bond with it just grew stronger (/corny). I was kinda upset when it wasn't in the third generation games, but oh well. For every day, I've just become more and more obsessed with it, and it's pretty easy to say, that it's definitely my favourite Pokemon, hence why I chose it as my partner Pokemon (and will continue to do so in any club in which I can choose it as a partner Pokemon :D)

Last edited:
Years
Your username: mudkipbubbles
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charmander
Why did you choose to join this club?: Pokemon Red was my first ever Pokemon game to play, and I have played it many times since. I know the first gen games like the back of my hands!
Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?: I chose Charmander because I absolutely love fire types and Charmander also poses as a challenge to journey through the Kanto region, seeing that the first two gyms are Rock (which is Fire is not very effective towards, unless in FR/LG where Charmander learns Quick Claw, I think it's called) and Water (which is super effective against fire types). But once Charmander evolves into a Charizard is a tank, battling through any opponent it comes face to face with. c:

Olli

Years
Pokémon Yellow was the first game I played so Pikachu was my starter Pokémon. I think I have a Blue version though and I think my starter there was Bulbasaur. I love the sprites by the way.

Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Bulbasaur
Favorite generation 1 Pokémon: That's a hard one. I would say Eevee because of its ability to evolve into 8 different Pokémon.
Why I chose to join this club: Nostalgia of the first generation Pokémon
Current topic: because a Grass-type like Bulbasaur helped me get through the first 3 gyms with ease (Rock from Brock, Water from Misty and Electric from Lt. Surge).
Bulbasaur definitely made the start of the games pretty easy, just because the gym leaders weren't really challenging when you could just spam Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, w/e, and be done with the battles relatively quickly.

Eevee is also definitely an interesting Pokemon, and its concept is pretty awesome.

Your username: mudkipbubbles
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charmander
Why did you choose to join this club?: Pokemon Red was my first ever Pokemon game to play, and I have played it many times since. I know the first gen games like the back of my hands!
Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?: I chose Charmander because I absolutely love fire types and Charmander also poses as a challenge to journey through the Kanto region, seeing that the first two gyms are Rock (which is Fire is not very effective towards, unless in FR/LG where Charmander learns Quick Claw, I think it's called) and Water (which is super effective against fire types). But once Charmander evolves into a Charizard is a tank, battling through any opponent it comes face to face with. c:
Ah yeah, Charmander was definitely not the easiest one to start off with, however I seem to recall beating Brock relatively easily back in my Blue version, simply by spamming Ember. I guess my Charmander must've had good Special Attack, or I'd just trained it a lot more than I remember :p But the challenge was most likely there because Charmander would grow to be such an OP Pokemon, there had to be some obstacles in the way of getting one. Back in my early days I actually thought Grass types were weak against Rock types, so I didn't use Bulbasaur till much later on, always either Squirtle or Charmander. Also, I think the move you're looking for is Metal Claw, a Steel type move, which is super effective against Rock types. I guess it was given to Charmander to give it more of a fair chance against Brock :p

Years
Bulbasaur definitely made the start of the games pretty easy, just because the gym leaders weren't really challenging when you could just spam Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, w/e, and be done with the battles relatively quickly.

Eevee is also definitely an interesting Pokemon, and its concept is pretty awesome.

Ah yeah, Charmander was definitely not the easiest one to start off with, however I seem to recall beating Brock relatively easily back in my Blue version, simply by spamming Ember. I guess my Charmander must've had good Special Attack, or I'd just trained it a lot more than I remember :p But the challenge was most likely there because Charmander would grow to be such an OP Pokemon, there had to be some obstacles in the way of getting one. Back in my early days I actually thought Grass types were weak against Rock types, so I didn't use Bulbasaur till much later on, always either Squirtle or Charmander. Also, I think the move you're looking for is Metal Claw, a Steel type move, which is super effective against Rock types. I guess it was given to Charmander to give it more of a fair chance against Brock :p

Lmao, i think we I first started, I didnt really train in the begining, which is why Brock was always a challenge for me. Charmander was also my first starter so I think I'll always have a soft spot for it and it's family tree. Charizard is well worth the wait! He is very OP, but none the less an amazing Pokemon. One time when I was playing through Blue version, Misty was so hard for me to defeat that I had raised my Charmander to a Charizard before even defeating her! Ah, memories. Yes, thanks, the move is metal claw! I couldnt quite remember it lol. I also love how Charizard can learn fly in FR/LG, not too sure if he can in 1st gen, though..hm.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Lmao, i think we I first started, I didnt really train in the begining, which is why Brock was always a challenge for me. Charmander was also my first starter so I think I'll always have a soft spot for it and it's family tree. Charizard is well worth the wait! He is very OP, but none the less an amazing Pokemon. One time when I was playing through Blue version, Misty was so hard for me to defeat that I had raised my Charmander to a Charizard before even defeating her! Ah, memories. Yes, thanks, the move is metal claw! I couldnt quite remember it lol. I also love how Charizard can learn fly in FR/LG, not too sure if he can in 1st gen, though..hm.
Ah, I see, that would make Brock a bit hard if you chose Charmander and didn't catch something like a Mankey to help you with :p But yeah, I totally agree, Charizard is definitely worth the pain that is leveling up your Charmander in those horrible conditions :p But wow, raising your Charmander to a Charizard before even beating Misty. Must've taken a heck of a long time D:

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle).

Eh, I'd probably have to say Bulbasaur, since that's pretty much the one I've chosen in my past 5 playthroughs or so. And the only reason for this really, is because it makes the start of the games so much easier, as I mentioned in my last post. I wouldn't really call any of the three my favourite, because they've never really stood out to me or anything, but after using Bulbasaur so many times, I've just grown fond of it, and would consider it a bit above the other two. Charmander used to be my favourite however, just because of how cool I thought Charizard was :p

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Who here likes Eevee? Not my favorite, but still one of the best!

Oh, I love Eevee. Alot of people evolve it to make it more powerful but Eevee has a few moves that could make it strong all on its own like Take Down for example. 5 generations and a 6th on the way and we have 8 Eeveelutions now. Can't wait for more.

Years
I enjoy using Eevee a lot! All the different choices of types is wonderful to have - it's like making your own custom Pokemon, in a way. My favorite Eeveeloution would have to be Espeon c:

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I hope you don't mind if I join. I would have joined sooner, but I couldn't decide on a Pokemon >///<

Your username: FayAurora
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Ummmmmmmmm...... Hardest decision of my life! Um, I'll go with.... Dragonair!!!
Why did you choose to join this club?: Because I absolutely love the original 151 Pokemon! There isn't a single one I hate!
Answer one of the topics (Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why?): Another hard question! Well, I love them all, but I always chose Charmander ^-^ He was always my favorite, since he was a Fire-Type (slight pyro here :P )

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I got to thinking of that episode the other day where Hypno hypnotized all those kids and Misty was barking like a Seel.

I wish Porygon and its evolutions were in the anime, seems empty without them but I understand why they're not and it tanks. :/

Years
"No Call of Duty fanboys"
Noooooooooooooo why u do dis to me?

Your username:
Regeneration
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:
Gengar
Why did you choose to join this club?:
'cause I wanted to \_o.o_/
Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle)
Bulbasaur cause I like green. Spheal with it.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Your username: Powerserge

Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Mewtwo

Why did you choose to join this club?: Because Gen 1 is where it all began, for me and for Pokemon!

Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?: Mewtwo is a Pokemon who was born as a laboratory experiment, who would come to be used at the behest of a tyrannical psychopath. Mewtwo was made to fight at the command of his Master, who he believed to be an ally, but who really manipulated Mewtwo's vulnerabilities. When Mewtwo finally had enough, he flew coop and made plans to destroy the world. But upon meeting some kids and Pokemon who showed him the other side of humanity, he decided to learn and grow beyond his rage, instead of stewing in it. He became a better being, even if he didn't change completely overnight. That's why I love Mewtwo.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Your username: RoreyG

Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charizard

Why did you choose to join this club?: I grew up knowing these creatures. Pokemon was a big part of my childhood and when I look back at Gen 1, I have fond memories of a time where life was simpler and I was a lot happier then than I am now.

Current Topic:

What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?

Rattata, Zubat, Tentacool. Raticate can be a very powerful Pokemon early on but outlives its usefulness later on in the game when better, stronger Pokemon becomes available. I appreciated Zubat a lot more in the 2nd Generation where it evolves into an extremely good Pokemon (Crobat), however, in Gen 1 where Crobat had not existed, it seems more annoying than useful. Tentacool I find equally as annoying. However, Tentacruel can make useful partners at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back