• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
mm you chose the name of the rival in the begining.
When Oak asked you about "gary" you probably named it zel (which is the second option)

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
Wouldn't it be more fun if you played through the game like a normal person?

That is what i'm doing right now, but I've already been through it once already.

But I just had an awesome experiance, I walk into union cave and guess what the first pokemon I run into was? Well I'll let you guess, it was certain water Pokemon from Hoenn.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Mudkip, wasn't it. Yeah, he put those in there, level 1. It was in Beta 4, but very rare.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Glad you released the 5th Beta, Zel. You're hack is getting more and more popular by the... second! The only thing I noticed is the new script you put in to give you the "Phone Card", you are not facing your mom. Unless you did that purposely?

I also noticed in the script of Prof. Elm he says "Mr.Pokémon" instead of "Mr. Pokémon". ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
well I probably won't get help with this but Im playing beta 5 on my iPod touch and when I press that the start button the screen goes back to the menu button each time I press it. I didnt have a problem with this when I played beta 4 on my iPod touch but if anybody has a suggestion it will be appreciated.

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
Years
In beta 5 Game always freezes after healing pokemon in pokemon center on route 32. Does this happen to everyone else. Same thing happens when playing on psp.

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
In beta 5 Game always freezes after healing pokemon in pokemon center on route 32. Does this happen to everyone else. Same thing happens when playing on psp.

This is a known glitch in the game. Next time read the 1st post.

I'm not sure what the deal is with that guy in the Radio Tower with the colored ball game. I played it like 20 times and I always got the white ball.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
route 32 killing pc. zel had to make a pokemon center script from scratch.

you need to heal at another pokecenter first so the game won't crash from healing at the route 32 pc.

edit - to tuskin about the glitch he found

im sure its just a problem with the palletes. zel said he is gong to leave mapping errors in illex forest as they are since he is reluctant to change anything their after all the trouble he had with them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I deleted my patched Beta 4 Rom and replaced it with a fresh one, and patched that with Beta 5. Because the files had the same name, the Beta 5 could use Beta 4's save. I noticed nothing wrong with it.

Then I just deleted all my .sav files and restarted. It turns out you can use the Phone without the Phone Card! Yay... so that is one thing bad about repatching it. I also was able to keep the Vs. Seeker...

And BTW, Zel, you did not dissapoint with Beta 5.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
No he didn't but at level ten my name is gol and my totodile won't obey maybe change the name..

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
I love the G/S cave music, the D/P Carlos battle music, SPROUT TOWER's theme, TRICK HOUSE tune, the new [revamped] G/S City tunes in GOLDENROD and CHERRYGROVE, etc. A little volume adjusting (which you mentioned) and we're all set!

The TOWN MAP seems to be perfect so far. I love the new grass tiles (and their animation).

Some tiny things I noticed (without screenies, sorry):
- Minor grammatical errors. For instance, a person in CHERRYGROVE CITY says "on your bag" instead of "in your bag," there are some missing punctuation marks, etc. If there's a way to send the game's script to me, I can easily fix all these little issues.
- When challenged to a trainer battle, hero's overworld does not orient to face the challenger.
- Upon battling Rival before ILEX FOREST, Rival's icon in the ensuing character bar appears as a question mark (mentioned before, I believe, but no fix possible?).
- Trainer pre-battle "challenge" music is always the sinister theme regardless of the trainer being fought, all the way up to Route 35, where I am now in the game. One exception is when facing a female ROCKET GRUNT in SLOWPOKE WELL, the script of whom was redone after most of the other trainers were completed, and OFFICERs around GOLDENROD. This even applies to TRICK HOUSE trainers.
- GOLDENROD CITY RADIO TOWER plays the Rocket/Evil music even on first time entering (when it is peaceful).
- I believe the SPEAROW given by the guard on ROUTE 35 is nicknamed "KENYA."
- I have also encountered the name truncation bug after saving normally (through the menu) on Route 30, where I first noticed my Pokemon gaining "boosted" EXP points during battle. This is my first time encountering such a bug. No other "bad ROM" bugs whatsoever have ever applied to me with respect to SG or any other FR hack I've played on this forum.

Now with screenies (sorry I couldn't get some for the others):
- Person in GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE still mentions "PokeGear" (perhaps others?):
pokegear.png

- When moving from one route to another (or from route to city, etc), there is no pull-down indicator informing player of his new location. The indicator does appear only when a map transition is accompanied by fade transitions or scene cuts, such as leaving a house:
pulldown.png

- Inappropriate scene-cut image when entering certain areas (e.g. Dark Cave):
darkcave_enter.png

- Item screen image for POKEBEEPER (perhaps other key items) seems wrong:
pokebeeper.png

Tile Errors
----------
First we have odd-looking iceberg tips:
Iceberg.png

and water borders interposed against trees:
Tree_tiles.png

And the ILEX SHRINE seems to overlap the overworld:
forest_shrine.png

Although I like the idea of a phone-lamp, this one:
phonelamp.png

looks a bit too chopped off for my taste.

- AIDE in VIOLET CITY Pokemon Center walks through hero's overworld after relinquishing the egg:
walkthru.png

- It is possible to overshoot SPROUT TOWER stairs, showing the hero moving one tile beyond the stairs in his ascend/descend:
overshoot.png

- If the train's not in, what's that I see near the top of the station map? Train is visible:
train.png

As a whole I'm quite highly impressed (I wouldn't have taken the time to write up all of these things if I wasn't).
I'll try to keep you posted with any other bugs and/or oddities I find. Cheers!

Last edited:

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
@Virtual Chatot:
That's a good idea, really. I hope it doesn't interfere with the MAGNET TRAIN plot later on in the storyline.

I also edited my post above for errors, clarity, and so forth.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I think that BetapokeMaster has got the point.

Now to bring this back on topic whoooo hoooo! new beta!!!!
...... Downloading...... new stuff is sweet. love it Zel. you and Kike always amaze me, keep it up.

Back