• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I thought that too. I mean, it was enough to have so many Hoenn legendaries in gen IV games, but now they're all in gen V games too, and it just makes me think we're not getting remakes now. But then again, we got some Johto legendaries in FRLG and Emerald, though a few were from events which weren't as accessible as they are now. So I guess you can call it what you want on that one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We need a big hint right now to keep our hopes up like Hoenn trade data hidden within B2W2. Or music (beyond just the one's that are actually used in game).

I'm thinking that the non Hoenn legends for the remakes will proably be the Creation, Beast, Bird,Johto bird duo,Mew duo as those are the only one's missing from Gen V so far not counting event legends.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Yeah that's what I was thinking too... if they're including a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon in these games then why would they feel like they should make remakes? :/ Especially if it's not the standard "popular" Pokemon such as Seviper, Zangoose, etc. Also since Hoenn isn't an isolated region so they would probably add other region Pokemon too, and they're basically doing that here. :c

I love RSE so I hope that they make remakes anyway.

TRiGa

Eeveelutions Rule
Years
Get this, what if there trying to confuse us. Get in our heads, like there doing now. Have a lot of Hoenn Pokemon in B2W2, just to throw us off course. And then BANG! Hit us with the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

There are a lot of people who are discouraged about having Ruby and Sapphire remakes in Generation V.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That'd be great, and trolly. Woo. Hopefully they see that we don't want RSE remakes for the Pokemon that it gave us, but instead to go through the region again, but updated. New graphics, music, sprites, etc. That's what we want. Could care less about Latios or Kyogre. lol

There are a lot of people who are discouraged about having Ruby and Sapphire remakes in Generation V.

Anyone that has read this thread can assume that, but thanks for pointing it out anyway.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Hoenn just needs to be revisited with updated graphics, the main reason I want R/S/E remakes is just to visit the beautiful region again. It was by far my favorite region, even though it got a lot of flack for the large water routes I thought it was really beautiful and seeing it with updated graphics would make it even MORE beautiful.

miakat

Professional Cheese Wheel
Years
Since HGSS and BW releases, I've been hoping that they will bring out a RSE remake.
I've heard rumours that Hoenn was going to be IN BW2. I'm not too sure, but I think those rumours have been...lost? I wouldnt like it in BW2, personally I'd like it as its own specfic game.

If they DID however, they could release it soon after BW2's release, maybe late next year? Maybe summer/autumn. I don't know whether they'd do it in Gen 6 though.

Apparently they are already planning Gen 6 AND 7?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
We know that all Hoenn Pokemon are transferable to gen 5, so I wouldn't say that giving some Hoenn legendaries in B2/W2 means no remakes in gen 5. Game Freak just wanted to put some previous gens' legendaries in B2/W2, so they put Hoenn and Sinnoh ones, because they are the newest and weren't featured so many times. We should notice that the most important legendaries for Hoenn storyline (Weather Trio) are not included in B2/W2. I think that Jirachi and Deoxys are not included either, because I feel they will have events in R/S remakes.

Seeing how B2/W2 don't have following Pokemon feature and no special touch screen features like in HG/SS, I think those things could be saved for R/S remakes, just like they were saved for HG/SS.

There's another thing I want to point out, you will probably say it's not hint at all, but there it is - I find it very weird that Hoenn Gym Leader remix in B2/W2 doesn't have any trumpets. Especially when Kanto and Sinnoh remixes have them. It's suspicious because trumpets are the most used instruments in Hoenn tracks. Looks like Game Freak had very good reason to avoid trumpets in B2/W2 remix of Hoenn Gym Leader. Probably they are saving version with trumpets for R/S remakes.
Those Hoenn Trainer battle and Rustboro remixes in B2/W2 are very suspicious too, and could be hinting to R/S remakes (assuming they really are hidden in B2/W2, they could be just fan-made rumors).

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The Hoenn Gym Leaders are fightable in the WCS.
Would that count as a hint or something?
Although all the leaders are fightable.

Years
I really feel like RSE will be remade. The big question in my mind is when. I'm starting to think they won't be this generation, but the next is definitely a possibility.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
If anything, this should raise others' hopes up about whether or not we'll see the remakes.

Pokemon available/not shouldn't be really seen as a deal breaker, haha.

ALL Pokemon were available in the Advanced Generation of games(Gen III), even if not by normal means, so we can probably tell that HGSS were made for other reasons besides availability. With that in mind, I see that as something to look pass a little.

Although...the absence of the Weather Trio and the other legends not included in BW2, that actually might mean something.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ALL Pokemon were available in the Advanced Generation of games(Gen III), even if not by normal means, so we can probably tell that HGSS were made for other reasons besides availability. With that in mind, I see that as something to look pass a little.

That's true, but at the same time, people weren't able to get their beloved gen I and II Pokemon on those respective games into gen III. So now people are able to get those beloved gen III Pokemon into gens IV and V. And some of those Pokemon, especially GSC legendaries, wouldn't have and other way of getting into early gen IV if not for gen III. Does that make sense? I think I messed up what I was trying to say lol.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Keep in mind in Gen 3 there weren't a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon running about.

In Gen 4 there weren't a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon running about.

Majority of the Gen 2 ones that appeared in Gen 4 were related to Gen 1 or Gen 4 Pokemon, but still they kept out a large number of them from the games until the remakes were made, this includes Legendaries.

This isn't true in B2W2. Pre-Game the Pokedez has around 32% of the Hoenn Pokemon in it and Post game I think it rises a little, since we don't have a full list I can't tell exactly how many are in but from Pokedex and Swarm alone its about 40%, this doesn't include interact-able and Pokemon that are just added to the routes and caves/Forests. The number could go up to 50% at least with all the info I'm missing.

This broke the chain for this combo, this is why I don't think we'll be getting Gen 3 remakes until Gen 6 cause that one has a high chance of having less Gen 3 Pokemon and fits the platform pattern.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
As long as Sinnoh and Unova pokemon don't appear until post-game and Steven is Champion, I don't care what they do

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

Majority of the Gen 2 ones that appeared in Gen 4 were related to Gen 1 or Gen 4 Pokemon, but still they kept out a large number of them from the games until the remakes were made, this includes Legendaries.

This isn't true in B2W2. Pre-Game the Pokedez has around 32% of the Hoenn Pokemon in it and Post game I think it rises a little, since we don't have a full list I can't tell exactly how many are in but from Pokedex and Swarm alone its about 40%, this doesn't include interact-able and Pokemon that are just added to the routes and caves/Forests. The number could go up to 50% at least with all the info I'm missing.

This broke the chain for this combo, this is why I don't think we'll be getting Gen 3 remakes until Gen 6 cause that one has a high chance of having less Gen 3 Pokemon and fits the platform pattern.
I guess that game freak might have decided to skip remakes for this generation (proably due to some out there complaining about there being too many remakes). I guess it wouldn't be all that bad to have another generation start on the 3DS. It'll make Hoenn remakes even more updated and revised ^_^ (maybe it'll come between the duel versions and the third version/sequels/ what ever they plan to do for the third version(s) )

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014

That's true, but at the same time, people weren't able to get their beloved gen I and II Pokemon on those respective games into gen III. So now people are able to get those beloved gen III Pokemon into gens IV and V. And some of those Pokemon, especially GSC legendaries, wouldn't have and other way of getting into early gen IV if not for gen III. Does that make sense? I think I messed up what I was trying to say lol.

Well how would remaking those gens get you your original teams from the original RBY/GSC games though? You still aren't getting your beloved Pokes back, haha. That may mean something if you mean by training them in their regions, etc., but with the updated mechanics of FRLG/HGSS it just isn't the same.

...and if that's the case, how come RSE couldn't be treated the same? :P (As in training your team in the original areas and all that, I mean)

Wouldn't that mean we would need remakes for everything over again, if gen 6 loses backwards connectivity? If it didn't, there would still be 'no need' for RSEmakes since, according to some, we would have a way of obtaining the originals(despite it being quite tedious).

I say that because everyone seems to be on the fence of whether or not Poke availability will have a play in whether or not we'll see the RSEmakes sooner or later.

That 50% guess could mean that we have a chance of the RSEmakes sooner, with the Weather Trio, etc., and the rest of the 50% missing Hoenn Pokes and all, maybe?

I see them being on the 3DS as well, just trying to see why this all would mean us not seeing them 'til later.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
No no no! They made new sprites for the Hoenn League. Now there's less of a need for the remakes as the main characters have been rendered in this Generation :(

We still have the region itself not being rendered in 3D as an argument for the remakes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wouldn't that mean we would need remakes for everything over again, if gen 6 loses backwards connectivity? If it didn't, there would still be 'no need' for RSEmakes since, according to some, we would have a way of obtaining the originals(despite it being quite tedious).

I say that because everyone seems to be on the fence of whether or not Poke availability will have a play in whether or not we'll see the RSEmakes sooner or later.

That 50% guess could mean that we have a chance of the RSEmakes sooner, with the Weather Trio, etc., and the rest of the 50% missing Hoenn Pokes and all, maybe?

I see them being on the 3DS as well, just trying to see why this all would mean us not seeing them 'til later.

Its 50% so far without all of the after Story Pokemon. We don't know everything about the games yet. We could get more events, seeing as Serebii is still updating their findings. Not sayin we'll get the three big ones but the number can still rise.

I don't think the next one would be incompatible with current ones, at least not Gen 5 seeing as B2W2 can interface with the 3DS. Kinda hopin 3rd Gen becomes 6th Gen, or if there is an issue like you think, then Gen 1 could be remade again with pretty graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back