• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compare card value

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
I have done research, and I have found that the raichu prerelease card has sold for over $10,000, and that is ok as such a rare card, but why is it the the mewtwo promo error, with less known to exist, be selling for under $800. Can anyone help me understand that?

Years
Because prerelease Raichu is far more known, therefore far more sought after, than the Mewtwo movie promo that has the Pokemon movie logo printed upside down. People are more wary about the misprint Mewtwo being a fake, as it seems to be a fairly recent discovery compared to prerelease Raichu.

EDIT: Oh, and also some artificial price inflation on the part of those who sell the prerelease Raichu cards. Many have gone and posted it for more than it sold for when it was previously listed.

Back