• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you name your PC storage boxes?

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Randoms1
Randoms2
Randoms3
Randoms4
Randoms5
etc

Main
Level 100s
Level 100s (#2)
Legendaries
Dittos (I catch a bunch of dittos with various natures and keep them all in one box for easy access)

The names are self-explanatory. I like to organize my boxes. I'm kind of OCD about it...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I keep pokemon in numerical as well. I name the boxes based off what generations are in the box. For Example, The first 5 boxes are Kanto 1-5. Then the next 5 or so would be Johto 1-5 ect.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I name my boxes depending on how I use them: breeding, battling, fillers, to breed, trades, and utility (HM Slaves, Synchronizers, etc.).

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I name them after the different types of pokemon, and store them in their respective spots. If it's a mixed type, I either put it in a box named "Mixed" or I put it in the box that best describes it's dominance over the other half-type.

(Ex. Geodude goes in "Rock")

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
OH YEAH, I forgot.

I named the box that had my dittos in "SexSlave" because the only purpose I have for the dittos are breeding, i.e. having sex.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
For me, I dont name my boxes. I keep them the way they are.
Thats because Im not creative enough to come up with names for them.
The only pokemon I do arrange though in different boxes are shinies and unowns.

dunnjean

The Most Awesome Of Them All
Years
I've always named at after the types then put that sort of type in there because it's a habit, I guess. The only thing that I don't organize is my locker, but I should get real and realize that that will never get clean.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I usually just do Box 1, 2, 3, 4, so on. Not really into personalizing my box much. I do however usually make a box titled "Legendaries," and I can assume that you know what goes in there.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I usually don't take the time to my boxes so usually I leave them as is. Though in White I've been naming my boxes after certain adjectives such as "epic" and "Cool". It started when I named a box 'Sexy box" XD. Also have a box in White for starter Pokemon, cause I'm collecting all the starters and keeping them all in one box is easier.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm actually pretty messy about my Boxes, I just cram them all in there.

In Pearl though, I have every single Pokemon. So I have the boxes labeled 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, etc.

That's what I hope to do with White 2 also, eventually.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I usually don't name them. When I do, I name a couple. Trade, the pokemon for trading purposes are put in there, Legendary has legendary pokemon and Party, the pokemon I use in my party.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
There was once a time I named each box by type and separated the Pokémon for each category like a good lil' PC boxer. Then times changed. Now I opt to just throw everything in the box as it comes instead, only separating when necessary and never naming them. On the rare accounts I do go back to my old (better) ways I have a box for Eggs named Doom, a box for Legendaries named Pretties, and a box for my alternating team of 6 named Champs. That is as far as I go now.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Since I store all of the Pokemon in my PC (including various forms), I name my boxes according to number, so for example, Box #1 will be 1-30, Box #2 will be 31-60 and so forth. And for the last box, it is dedicated to my Unowns that I capture. For wallpapers, I give each box their own wallpaper.

:t354:TG

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've never named boxes up until Generation Five. In White I have um, I have a box of my "Valuables", iirc (of any legendaries, starters, Deerling and my first critical capture ever), and then a box named after Ole for the mons he traded before he left so that they could be ~stored~. In Black 2, I have however taken this to a new level!! I have "Viable" for anything with some sort of helpful nature/not competitively useless/31 IV in something helpful (so stuff like Modest 23 sPA / 30 Spd Drizzle Politoed, or 31 Attack with Brave suited to Curse Regirock, or Hasty 30 Attack IV iirc and something okay for Speed Techniloom, and then there's Crustle with Adamant/Sturdy/31 Attack IV and good Speed, or the other way around idr, and there's ~more~ all caught by capture and SRing :3). There's also a 31 IV box for things helpful for breeding, then a Natures box for natures that are helpful to the Pokemon in particular and idr what else other than those really.

But still, gen 5 ~pushing my boundaries~ and naming boxes, totally badass.

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Well, I'm kinda organized. :P

I have a box for my main team if I ever need to temprorarily deposit one of them for some sort of reason. I also have boxes for Pokemon I might use and won't use for the sake of filling my Pokedex a bit. And If I'm on a Shiny hunt (By hatching eggs.) I have a box for all the non-shinies I get.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Early in the game, I don't rename anything and mostly work out of Box 1. I put duplicates in the last box - the first one to the left from Box 1 - but that's about it. As I get more stuff though, I start expanding. I divide the pokemon I'm going to actually use by how useful or trained or evolved they are. Box 1 becomes "First" and is for the first string - the ones I use a lot and depend on. By late in the game, they're pretty much all fully EV trained final evolutions. Then going to the right, it goes down through some arrangement of second string stuff, stuff I'm planning on using that needs to be trained or leveled, stuff I think I might use, stuff I think I won't use but haven't given up on yet, new stuff I haven't decided on yet and stuff I know I'm not going to use. I don't have any set system for that - it depends on how many of each category I end up with. They all end up with prosaic descriptive names like "Likely" or "Doubtful." And going from the First box left I go from Dupes (mostly stuff I plan on trading) through stuff I plan on breeding, stuff I've already bred (mostly parents with good natures and/or egg moves) and babies. If necessary, I have boxes somewhere in the middle for shinies, legendaries, nice stuff that doesn't really fit in anywhere else, HM slaves and anything game-specific, like Unowns. And in games where I do a lot of breeding, I generally end up with a box of Dittos. And starting with White, I've been adding a box in the middle (with the beach background) called Miami - that's for pokemon who served me well, but are now retired because they got replaced, generally by the same thing with a better nature or some egg move(s).

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
If I have a lot of Pokemon, it will be by Pokedex #, if it's few, then by Type, Level, preference, Trading, Training, Hatch, etc. But I tend to only use a 6 Pokemon Team now so now I don't even touch it xD

Back