• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Cool, new people! :D Welcome guys <3

Anyways, just 2 more weeks till my summer vacations and then I can be insanely active on PC once more :D
We're hoping so :3 That goes for me too!

About my last post with Chai now - how many levels would you guys say I can give my pokémon? I'm thinking it qualifies for 2 each, even though it can be argued that Masquerain's battle was a bit short. But I don't like the high standard that has been set, actually xD makes it even more tedious to write posts.

EDIT: I'll just give them 2 levels.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

We're hoping so :3 That goes for me too!

About my last post with Chai now - how many levels would you guys say I can give my pokémon? I'm thinking it qualifies for 2 each, even though it can be argued that Masquerain's battle was a bit short. But I don't like the high standard that has been set, actually xD makes it even more tedious to write posts.

EDIT: I'll just give them 2 levels.

Haha I don't like the standard I set for myself in this RP tbh, I think it makes writing a chore xD

But yeah I can easily work by lowering my own standards a bit, I guess.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ah, well, this is a slow moving RP. That's just the way it is :3 I'd rather there be well written posts here than many rushed ones.

Anyone want me to post Marshall City and the special area next to it, soon? Just to see what lies ahead, since some have reached route 10.

EDIT: Cirrus dropped their reservation, so First Snow is free to post an SU for Eevee :3

While you write your SUs, think about where you want to hop into the RP. Preferably you can start in Feborough, but then you'll have to make a post to recap what happened with Joresh and such in Januvale. Read the chapter posts. If you want you'll be allowed 1 pokémon from Route 11 on top of the elemental monkey and your eevolution, you'll have to include something about how you captured it as well.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

Reserving you :] get your SU up within a day or two and it would be great!

About that. I had work yesterday (and today as well -_-), so I won't really be able to work on that SU until tomorrow (Friday, Friday, gotta write SUs on Friday).

Anyways, I'm hoping that's fine with you, it will probably be up early though…
my week kind of ends on Thursdays xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
About that. I had work yesterday (and today as well -_-), so I won't really be able to work on that SU until tomorrow (Friday, Friday, gotta write SUs on Friday).

Anyways, I'm hoping that's fine with you, it will probably be up early though…
my week kind of ends on Thursdays xD

It's fine. We're not really in a rush here ;p

I think I've done pretty well in catching up to people even though I started several months after the other players. Mowahaha.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
@RED: My mouse is kind of dying, the left mouse button isn't working properly and I will have to replace it. So I'm going to have to buy another mouse tomorrow but as I'm not at home this weekend (I'm at my gf's and her laptop is broken) I won't be able to post until Sunday night now :(

As of now it's sort of working again :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@RED: My mouse is kind of dying, the left mouse button isn't working properly and I will have to replace it. So I'm going to have to buy another mouse tomorrow but as I'm not at home this weekend (I'm at my gf's and her laptop is broken) I won't be able to post until Sunday night now :(

As of now it's sort of working again :)
Hope things worked out then :] My mouse stopped working yesterday as well! I got so mad, haha. Then I connected it to another USB port and it started working again. :/ hmm, technology... ugh.

Hey guys, I added quick links to the area info posts in the OP of the IC. So you don't have to scroll through pages to find them ;3

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Note: I'll be done soon, just figured I should post the history for now, so you could have an idea of who my character's going to be. :)

Spoiler:

EDIT: DONE! (finally… ¬_¬). I don't know if I'm completely happy with the Personality and Appearance sections, but that's for you to worry about RHCP.
Anyways, I hope I get accepted, but let me know if I need to change anything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sounds interesting. Only thing is that Septemburg City is quite the polluted and industrialized city and there's probably not a park there. It's situated near a wonderful forest, a savannah and a marsh though, so Genki could have gone there to look at wild pokémon. It's not a big detail so you don't have to change anything though ;)

Maybe I should put up information about each of the cities in the first post... but that might spoil what's to come. Then again, at the pace we've been going now, it might take more than a year before we reach eastern Arcanum XD Welcome to a long ride, friends.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Cool character Drunk, a small bit similar to Lucas, not that's a very small coincidence xD

But I got a bit confused, it's probably just me being stupid but you said Genki was bullied because he was a foreigner, did that happen in Kanto because he was Arcanian or in Arcanum because he was from Kanto?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm going to love playing in Marchall City. I hope you will too :3 I hate that I've spelled it Marshall everywhere. I originally did not intend to, I think :< So yeah, I'm currently writing up that chapter, but certainly won't post it for a long time. A bit of story is going to come in here. Now where did I put those documents about Arcanum... oh, on my other computer. I hope it's still alive xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey there, just popping in to ask if there is still a spot open? I might be looking to join. I need to be writing something, heh. c:

Hi there Ace :3 It would be nice to have you on one of my RPs. If you're willing to write a lot, you can post an SU for Eevee!

@ drunk - I'll read it now!

EDIT: the SU is fine, except for that the sample text should include how you met Joresh in the city. Buuut you can just include that in your flashback post later. So, you are accepted!

Now, where did you want to start? Route 10? Is there any pokémon from Route 11 that you feel like you'd want?

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
Years
I've been having weird dreams lately where I start dreaming about real things that are going to happen in my life/ I need to do. If it sounds normal I call them weird because my dreams are usually surreal. Anyway last night I dreampt that Red put the next chapter up. I'm beginning to forget it now but there was a park where you could catch wild pokemon and the arena had those knights but the leader was a flower lady XD. So is that anything like the next chapter?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've been having weird dreams lately where I start dreaming about real things that are going to happen in my life/ I need to do. If it sounds normal I call them weird because my dreams are usually surreal. Anyway last night I dreampt that Red put the next chapter up. I'm beginning to forget it now but there was a park where you could catch wild pokemon and the arena had those knights but the leader was a flower lady XD. So is that anything like the next chapter?

XD

Actually, there will be some parks and gardens in the next city! But no wild pokémon there. And the Arena will be inside a castle and sorry, no flower lady ;3

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
Definitely willing to write a lot, so I will be submitting an SU for sure. And aw, I adore Eevee. It will most likely be done by tomorrow in a few days ^^

101885.jpg
[ NAME ] Hayden Alderoan

[ AGE ] 17, Seventeen

[ GENDER ] Male

[ GUARDIAN ] Zekrom

[ STARTER ]
133.gif

Eevee - "Duchess"
Female, Lv. 10
Tail Whip, Growl, Tackle, Sand Attack, Charm
[ APPEARANCE ]
By the middle class standards he was raised in, Hayden is quite tall -- an understatement to most of his family. At seventeen years old he has almost hit the limit on his growth, but still stands at the height of 5'11" and weighing in at about 150lbs. He has always been well nourished, and he rarely ate the foods that were unhealthy for him. His mother taught him that a healthy boy is a strong boy. With that, he also made sure to keep his body in the best shape possible. He has an athletic build because he exercises on a daily basis. Yet his muscles aren't well defined, and with his normal clothing he just appears lean in figure. His younger sister tells him he is a "tower with secret defense" and encourages him often to keep deceiving people with his hidden strength in case of emergency, to have somewhat of an advantage over his attacker. That is one of the few things he has listened to her about.

Hayden has silvery white hair that is cut just below his chin, and falls in smooth spikes. His hair is the natural shade of blond, but with such distaste for that particular color he dies it every chance he gets. This hair color distinguishes himself from his family, and most don't associate him with the Alderoan's on first look. Yet he does have the facial features of an Alderoan male. Being exposed to less sunlight, he and his family have always had a paler skin than most Arcanum natives. With light hazel eyes that almost always have a disappointed gleam to them and his unnatural white hair, some people have taken to calling him "Ghost." Though he doesn't endorse the nickname, he appreciates the mysterious effect it has.

Another lesson his mother taught him was that "healthy boys are the handsome ones." He has taken great care in making sure no acne or blemishes ruin his skin. Yet no matter how much he cared for himself, he has an oddity on his right (left when looking at the picture) cheek. When he was young he did a foolish thing and cut himself. It left a scar for the world to see. He cursed his luck for having it in such plain sight, but grew fond of it over time.

His attire is built out of mostly blues, black, and silver. When he travels, he is commonly found wearing his favorite black cloak that floats eerily down just past his knees. It has midnight blue lines that accent it in a pattern around the borders. Underneath the cloak is a long sleeved silver dress shirt, sleek black pants, and a white belt with his family's crest on the buckle. He wears black leather boots, too big for his feet, that are held up on the shins with blue ribbons. Hayden is attached to a particular scarf that is dark gray and knitted by his deceased grandmother. It is always on her person, and he never takes it off unless he sleeps.

To finish it off, he wears a black hat that has five blue ties running around it with silver clips on each. He doesn't get too hot often in this dark clothing because it is made with very light fabric. Yet there is nothing to be helped for the fact that black absorbs heat.

[ PERSONALITY ]
Growing up in a family of Historians, Hayden has been privileged with a lot of knowledge about the world and how things work. This doesn't necessarily mean he understands any of it. He has grown up being told things instead of actually figuring them out or experiencing them for himself. He can retain knowledge of a thing but not comprehend its true meaning. Though he is an intelligent boy, this method of teaching has created someone quite naive. He won't accept any criticism form others, as he believes they know very little compared to himself. Hayden refuses to acknowledge when he has done something wrong. He doesn't learn from mistakes often because he believes he has made none.

Which leads to the subject of his hypocritical nature. He won't hold back when giving others opinions or advice. Not even the slightest. If they make a mistake -- big or small -- he is right there to tell them about it, and what he thinks they should do next time. To some, this might be helpful. To others it is probably annoying on many levels. He considers most inferior to him because they are "[...] full of errors. If only the whole world knew what I know -- then these 'Trainers' might actually stand a chance against me and the Pokémon."

His first encounter with other people normally doesn't go too well because of this; and he comes off as rather condescending. Maybe even cruel.

His view on Pokémon differs from most. He has an extremely high and respectful regard for them. In his own words, he views them as "[...] the Kings and Queens of this world" and believes that "We are only here to help them become stronger." He also neglects the term 'trainers' unless it is absolutely necessary to use it, because he sees himself and others as Protectors or Guardians of these Pokémon, and in turn the God Pokémon are Guardians of the people. Hayden also believes that Pokémon are only ever your dearest ally, and never creatures you demand to do your bidding. Those who fight battles and put their partners in danger only for glory disgusts him. This comes with a strong distaste for the people who do not understand his way of thinking. He won't hesitate to educate or otherwise berate others on their cruel methods. He will always stand his ground if someone is mistreating a Pokémon or does not know how to properly aid them when fighting. This sometimes irritates other people, but he cares not for their feelings. The only beings he has and ever will care about are Pokémon or his 'equals'. People are of little concern in his mind - except if they are involved with the creatures of this world.

Hayden does have good sides to him, though they are hard to see at first.

Someone he considers an equal he holds in high value, and he knows the importance of good allies. When he makes a friend (he rarely uses that word, but when he does it means he cares for the person) he will do his best to keep the bond. He acts somewhat differently towards his friends, in a kinder manner, but still portraying some of his other traits the same. Somewhere deep down he feels the same connection with certain people as he does with Pokémon. Those who can penetrate the barriers around this deeper emotion he trusts completely. Though he may not realize, he will do anything to protect people and Pokémon he loves.

Another good thing about Hayden is that he has a relaxed side to him. It doesn't come around often, only when he feels comfortable with his entire surroundings and the people in it. This is where is he the most open to sharing his feelings.

On the outside it might seem impossible, but Hayden is actually insecure about himself. He doubts the things he does or says. He believes he has a set path in life yet he doesn't know where it ends. So he is constantly questioning "[...] whether or not I am doing the right thing." If these choices get him to where he is going.

Hayden also has a personal goal in life. He wants to "[...] change the way this world runs. I want to make people realize all the hurt they pollute the air with. I want Pokémon to be respected and cared for the way they should be. I want to bring happiness back to even the saddest of places." He does believe there is true good in people. He believes the bad ones can change. He only speaks out against them to try and put them on that road to change. So the doubt of whether or not what he does will actually make a change weighs heavily upon him.

He has a few personal skills that shape his personality. Such as a great memory. He has been trained since birth to remember anything and everything he learns. It was practically a crime when he forgot something, and was often scolded and told it again. He remembers most verbal or written things by repeating them over and over again either physically or mentally. He won't often forget something read, said, or even someone's face. Hayden also is very strategic. He won't rush headfirst into something without thinking it over. Having a plan and an escape route should something go wrong is his specialty. Of course, whether those things go according to that plan is another subject. With little experience comes less knowledge of what could happen, and less preparation.
[ HISTORY ]
(WIP)
Hayden was the first blood-related child of Marielle and Jeremy Alderoan. However, the first child will always be recognized as his older adopted brother, Dustin.
[ SAMPLE TEXT ]

WIP

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Interesting! I'm looking forward to reading what history could have caused him to think that way about pokémon so deeply?

The only beings he has and ever will care about are Pokémon. People are of little concern in his mind - except if they are involved with the creatures of this world.

That is about the only line of text that tells me anything of how he acts around people :p maybe expand just a little on how he actually is perceived or behaves? When it doesn't come to pokémon, I mean. I know you're not finished, but I'm just hinting ;)

Back