• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Does ANYBODY still play their GBA games more than the newer games (NDS)?

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
their are alot of people who still plays me personally i play it to pass the time in my android phone its a great game for a phone even today!

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
For me, I enjoy GBA games more than DS games. (I know, said that too many times.)

I was playing through my Japanese version of Pokemon Ruby since I bought it from an import site (Thank you Final Fantasy IV Advanced!) Catching a lot of those Pokemon (that's while watching SlimKirby's LP of Pokemon Blue.)

Playing through my JP version of Ruby is just as fun as the original Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow, except better.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
I never play DS Pokemon versions because :
- I don't have a NDS.
- No NDS emulator runs good in my computer (even I have already gave a high frame skip)
- I'm not interested in gen 4 and 5 Pokemon's ( I ONLY like GLACEON :) )

Even if I can play them, I will do the wild Pokemon modifier cheat.

I like both RSE and FRLG :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
i recently just beat my sapphire version again and racked up about 20hrs of gameplay after catching latias and the regis in about 1 week but i like to alternate games, atm training to beat red in soulsilver, I do like the older games better. gen IV and lower was best i hate gen V (crosses fingers in anticipation of ruby/sapphire remakes)

Flute

Full-time loser
Years
For me, Pokemon Emerald is my favourite game. I absolutely hate FRLG, they're just... boring.

The first pokemon game I played was Sapphire, it was also the first pokemon game I got a level 100 (Blaziken) on. ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
I have started playing Sapphire a few days ago, but was disappointed because of the lack of efficient flying types in the beginning of the game.

Psiiionic

RNG please ^-^
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
I really like Emerald but I dislike Fire Red and Leaf Green so I still from time to time pick up my Emerald and go use the Cloning glitch or do runthroughs of Battle Frontier :D

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
Yes! I still play my Emerald version. It's actually my favourite game in the Pokemon franchise.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't, but only because the amount of gameplay and post-game antics increases with each new game.

Marlo

Missing Person
Years
I'm currently entranced with my Ruby version 24/7. I am absolutely in love with the Hoenn region and the third generation games themselves.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
Leaf Green

I've been playing it again on my cell phone. There is something about the simplicity of the early Pokemons that I like. The new ones are great too, but I love the old ones!

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I have old copies of FireRed and Emerald just sitting there in my room begging to be played. I really want to play through them again, but once I finish playing through HeartGold I might start on Emerald again. :3

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I'd say equally as much. I'm currently coming to the end of my Sapphire game. Before that I was playing HeartGold and White, though, and before those FireRed. So yeah, equally as much.

SSJ4Ash

Saiyan Poke-Master
Years
Still play my copy of ruby every now and again. Sometimes on my semi-broken ds, sometimes on my glacier gba.

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
Years
I still do. In fact, just a few days ago I beat Fire Red yet again. I can never get tired of that game :D

Christianzeo

Mystical Ice-Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
DannyLeo
same. i finally caught all 60 pokemon for national again. i restarted, and decided it would be fun to beat game with only 3 pokemon xD and as a challenge, i beat elite four first time with, going into elite four, a level 54 blastoise and nothing else xD i used only one hyper potion, and a couple of ethers/elixirs xD came out with champion title, couple thousand pokedollars, and a lvl 69 blastoise ;)

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Still playing the R/S/E and FR/LG games after all these years. But I only play them on an emulator, cause my GBA's all messed up. Somethin' 'bout that darn motherboard being corrupted and stuff.

Back