• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What have YOU released into the Wonder Trade?

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
i've been breeding, so what i do is release anything under 5 iv's and whatever i don't use that has 5 iv's get wonder traded so i can build up the poke miles

Years
I tend to start off with less exciting Pokemon (low level Eevees and Charmanders left over from breeding or extras I have that I don't want), but if I get something good, then I like to pay it forward and send out something decent to the next person (like a Chansey, Growlithe, or other Friend Safari Pokemon). I've also sent out Haunter & Graveller to give someone the chance to easily get their evolved forms.

When I got Pokerus, I sent out a few with Pokerus, but haven't done any Wonder Trading in a while. I might try again soon. I've recently acquired all the starter Pokemon and have done some breeding, so I will probably send a few of those out. :)

I've heard of people getting shinies in Wonder Trade, and I think that's awesome! I doubt I'd ever get that lucky (I've been plenty lucky getting shinies in the Friend Safari), but you never know! ;)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
When the game released I traded anything and everything just to collect stuff I couldn't get on my own. I was really happy getting starters because I didn't know about Friend Safari. I also managed to get all the X exclusive from Wonder Trade.

Now I send out what I see people asking for online. People want Pokébank starters, they get them, after my first Phione I was sending them out like crazy. Now I only send 5IV spreads I don't need. If I get a 5IV Timid Charmander missing Defense I will wonder trade it. If a Pokémon is 5IV and doesn't have the proper ability I'll send it out. I release anything under 5IV now and I IV check everything I get from Wonder Trade. If it doesn't have 5IV I release it.

Thinking about it now, I've probably released some of the Pokémon you people have sent out.

Pinta77

I sent out some level 50+ ursarings. Maybe someone not so far in the game got them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
I've sent out a box or so of kabutos. And a couple of boxes of starters not from x and y

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I usually like to send something nice that isn't on the usual Kalos PokeDex, like for instance I sent out a box full of Tropius this morning. Snagged me a Cottonee.

UNOBTAINABLE, THEY SAID.

When I was first using the feature I did immediately throw crap into it, but my moral calculators force me to be really nice and spend some time to hatch up something that people would actually like. Because even if they sent you crap, you gave them a rare pokemon without the hassle of searching through the "I WANT ZAPODS" GTS pages- and all's the better (and more likely) that that Pokemon landed on their team or is the ancestor to perfect 6IV pokemon. Sending a poor Bunnelby will only amount to it being hated, sent back, or released.

I know that the ridiculously-overpowered-compared-to-the-rest-of-my-team Arcanine I have now was from some girl named Charlotte Wonder Trading newly hatched Growlithes, so I aspire to be that guy always sending good stuff through. You just might make several people's day.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I usually like to send something nice that isn't on the usual Kalos PokeDex, like for instance I sent out a box full of Tropius this morning. Snagged me a Cottonee.

UNOBTAINABLE, THEY SAID.

When I was first using the feature I did immediately throw crap into it, but my moral calculators force me to be really nice and spend some time to hatch up something that people would actually like. Because even if they sent you crap, you gave them a rare pokemon without the hassle of searching through the "I WANT ZAPODS" GTS pages- and all's the better (and more likely) that that Pokemon landed on their team or is the ancestor to perfect 6IV pokemon. Sending a poor Bunnelby will only amount to it being hated, sent back, or released.

I know that the ridiculously-overpowered-compared-to-the-rest-of-my-team Arcanine I have now was from some girl named Charlotte Wonder Trading newly hatched Growlithes, so I aspire to be that guy always sending good stuff through. You just might make several people's day.

I kind of disagree with this, sure bad pokemon are sent out, but they're not always as bad as you intiially think. I got a Bunnelby the other day, lv 4 (for whatever reason) so I immediately thought it was just a junk pokemon, but upon looking at it I saw it had Huge Power. Same with a Fletchling with Gale Wings, or the Scatterbug with 5 IVs. Just because a pokemon is the super common type found in the first grass patch of the game doesn't mean that it's garbage when it gets wonder traded to you

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
So far? mostly just my breeding "rejects"

- eevee
- froakie
- treeko
- furfrou
- ralts (was looking for a 5IV Male/synch :) which i got )
- Hounddoom
- Dratini
- Torchic

Im probably one of the worst wondertraders ever but im just doing it to fill my dex as i dont have any super freinds to help me :p

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I've recently have been trading gen 2-5 starters. I've also been trading hidden abilities that I've been breeding.

Years
If any of you are reading this, I IMPLORE you to stop trading or cycling back Pokemon found before Lumiose City. If you get one while cycling, PLEASE release them instead of sending them back to the Wonder Trade.

Of course, something like Gale Wings Fletchling is a different story, but of course I'm only talking about those freshly caught in the wild. Scatterbug is also a different story as people collect Vivillon patterns.

Years
I personally keep all the Pokemon I get through Wonder Trade (even if it's a low level Caterpie or something) just for the diversity of the trainer ID number (for the lotto). Every time I go to the lotto now I win. I've never had more than a two digit match, but the more I trade, the more likely it will be to happen! ;)

Anyway, it would be nice if people released (or kept) all the junk Pokemon floating through the Wonder Trade, but it's never going to happen. Some people do Wonder Trade chaining (trade a Pokemon and then keep trading whatever you get back into the system over and over until you get something good), which I doubt is going to stop. The only reason I don't do it that way is for the trainer ID numbers.

Plus, you never know. One person's trash might be another person's treasure! ;)

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
Years
I normally WT breeding rejects with 3 or 4 ivs. I release the ones with less than 3ivs. I recently got rid of a box full of phantumps, and I have another box to get rid of. I got a few good things, like a snivy for example. And another feebas but I have 4 of those already

I get so many honedges, charmanders, gibles. I could fill a entire box with all the level one honedge rejects I get from wondertrade. It kills me a little on the inside when I see I got another sword -__-

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Other then when I first started playing, which was only a few hours after the game's release so I didn't get much other then Bidoofs, I don't think I did that many Wonder Trades. In fact I don't think I did any until I beat the Champion. Now, I have started Masuda Methoding and IV breeding, so I am going to be Wonder Trading quite a bit.

I have already Traded many, MANY Swinubs, and I am about to Trade off a few boxes of Minuns and Shellders.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I usually send out breeding rejects or non-shinies from Masuda Methoding. Some of the Pokes I've sent out are Arons, Eevees, and Bergmites. When I don't, I send out Pokemon that you find later in the game and maybe rarer ones. I never send out Weedles or any Pokémon that you can find in the first few hours of playing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
I breeded a lot of 5iv Ghastly's and 5iv Fennekins to look for perfect IV shiny pokemon so I've been wonder trading out those. I have a bunch of pokemon from WT but I just keep those in my boxes. I feel bad for releasing pokemon lol but i don't want to WT crappy pokemon either.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
If any of you are reading this, I IMPLORE you to stop trading or cycling back Pokemon found before Lumiose City. If you get one while cycling, PLEASE release them instead of sending them back to the Wonder Trade.

Of course, something like Gale Wings Fletchling is a different story, but of course I'm only talking about those freshly caught in the wild. Scatterbug is also a different story as people collect Vivillon patterns.

Yeah, I never got the idea of sending those Pokemon back to the Wonder Trade. It just adds to the problem; if you were unlucky to get it, then release it or just keep it as lotto fodder, why send it back? The next person who'll be getting it will probably be as disappointed as you were.

To be honest though, I don't really care what I get. I only send any 3 or 4 perfect IVs that I have left over from my breeding projects; if it weren't for the Wonder Trade, I would've just ended up releasing them anyway. I'm really happy when I get another IV bred Pokemon, not only do I get a good parent for future breeding, but I figure that the other person would be just as satisfied too.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It gets on my nerves when I get Pokemon like Fletchling and Bunnelby through WT. If they had their HA, I would be quite happy, but they never do.

For that reason, I don't send out excessively lame Pokemon. Mostly spitbacks from breeding projects, unless it's a common Pokemon and doesn't have very good IVs. I've been dumping off a lot of Noibat lately during my attempts to get a flawless one.
Prior to beginning to IV breed, I sent out Pokemon like Eevee and Pikachu. The latter apparently is pretty hard to find (according to other people), but I had very little trouble obtaining them with a Static lead. (I also got two light balls in the process!)

Back