• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Project Unlimited

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Project Unlimited.

What is Project Unlimited? Project Unlimited is a fanmade multiplayer game made utilizing Pokemon Essentials and the RMX-OS kit. The game is being developed by myself currently, but I will be looking for a team to further development along. It will be a 100% free game.

Story.
You come from a region, one which is yet to be named, where smog and general ecological problems have caused pokemon to flee from the region. (Think of the smog around LA) You're sent to Kanto as an exchange student where you're thrust into the world of Pokemon and quickly get caught up in the events of Team Rocket and their plans. The plan is for the game to become sandbox after Kanto with an eventual return to your home region. The game will have content, instead of just being Pokemon online where you play the story mode with other people and all you have to do after is PVP.

Features/General info.
The first three regions re-imagined along with a custom region.
Many redesigned/recolored shiny sprites making them more appealing.
Higher shiny rate, not by much though.
Custom moves, abilities and items.
HM Items have been scrapped. Cut has been replaced by the Machete/Axe. Surf will return as a TM as well as several other HMs.
A reworking of many Pokemon. This includes stats/moves/eggmoves and abilities.
With pokemon reworks will come a slight overhaul to the existing gen 5 and 6 metagames.
The tiering/metagame will be left in the hands of the community.
Physical/Special split.
A new typing, Light.
New mega evolutions, including those from ORAS.
Side quests and events galore.
ALL Pokemon will be catchable., be they wild or event/story related.
Daily quest hubs, as any MMO should have.
Player and Team housing.
Player workshop.
Co-op/co-op dungeons.

Where are we now this project?
We're currently alpha testing with a server running with the bulk of Kanto implemented. The game is still in a fairly infant stage.

Screenshots.
I need to go back and update these albums, I'll do so later if people want to see updated maps and stuff.
http://imgur.com/a/8M0Kk
http://imgur.com/a/2LrW8

Credits.
Spoiler:

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Looks promising, but theres a problem w/ some of your maps. First off theres too much open space in my opinion. second, everything is WAY too linear. You want to make it creative, and not just a whole bunch of lined up buildings in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 26, 2021
Doing this again since it seems I had posted my comment on a different game somehow ._>

Looks pretty nice. There's one thing I want to fill you in on though since I'm working on my own fan online game.
RMXOS becomes unstable after 20+ people are on.
It crashes constantly and it's a real issue.

My partner and I are re-writing the entire server software from scratch to make it more stable and more hardware dependent so it doesn't crash easily.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Looks promising, but theres a problem w/ some of your maps. First off theres too much open space in my opinion. second, everything is WAY too linear. You want to make it creative, and not just a whole bunch of lined up buildings in my opinion.

A lot of the maps in the screenshots are older, and have since been changed. Most of the space on the maps in the games current state are used for something or planned for something in the future. I've been making it a point to shrink down on the space, and what space I do have won't go to waste.

Doing this again since it seems I had posted my comment on a different game somehow ._>

Looks pretty nice. There's one thing I want to fill you in on though since I'm working on my own fan online game.
RMXOS becomes unstable after 20+ people are on.
It crashes constantly and it's a real issue.

My partner and I are re-writing the entire server software from scratch to make it more stable and more hardware dependent so it doesn't crash easily.

That's pretty interesting, I've had around 30-50 testers on the server at one time in the last few weeks and haven't really had any reports of any issues.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 26, 2021
That's pretty interesting, I've had around 30-50 testers on the server at one time in the last few weeks and haven't really had any reports of any issues.

oh :o that is pretty interesting at the time I was testing my game I had about the same amount of people and it would kick people out when entering certain areas and then server would crash. Well its alright now though I guess since we have our own server software :3 keep it going broski I'd like to play this once its ready!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Little bit of an update on this. I've overhauled the bulk of the UI and put it into another player. There's still a bit to go before I can put it into an open alpha but once the UI is cleaned up more then I'll post some screenshots.

Back