• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i should probably update again. i decided i would wait to get my traded pokemon (which will be palkia) and continued my journey. i beat Gardenia on my 4th try out of sheer luck. it turns out DABIRD!!!'s hidden power is fire and i got several critical hits. i went to the day care a leveled up wimpy(my magikarp) to level 20 with 4 exp to go until the next level and evolved him.

here's my current team, or at least what i think it was,

DABIRD!!!
level 23
moves:
hidden power
bubble beam
metal claw
cut

Wimpy
level 22
tackle
splash

sighduck
level 18
confusion
watergun
rocksmash
??? don't remember

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
i decided i would wait to get my traded pokemon (which will be palkia) and continued my journey.
Sorry, can't do that. I think I remember you using the phrase, but that has expired now, and only people who had already done their trade in before March 1st are allowed to keep it in their game. No new trade ins can be done outside the rules now. Also, your trade in could not be Legendary, so Palkia is a no-no. Please adhere to the rules.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Update for Dark Run
started Platinum

-chose Piplup
-defeated Roark
-caught Bidoof and Psyduck
-Piplup evolved into Prinplup
-defeated Gardenia
-went to Hearthome City and recieved Eevee from Bebe

Team:
Eevee
Lv. 20

HM Slaves:
Bidoof
-Cut

Psyduck
-Rock Smash

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I just defeated Roxie on my flying mono in Volt White 2. Here is my team:

Butterfree lvl 23( The Powerhouse of my team. Without Sleep Powder, I am afraid I would have defeated either of the leaders)
Staravia lvl 21(Does well, he starred on Cheren when Butterfree used Sleep Powder)
Bagon lvl 20(Have not shown anything good till now possibly due to the lack of STAB moves)

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
Finally finished level grinding and defeated Red, here's my final results:

Ultimate Flying-Mono: Heart Gold

169.png

Rouge Lv.68 Female
Ability: Inner Focus

Moves:
Bite
Confuse Ray
Fly
Poison Fang

--------------------------------------------------------
130.png

Garydos Lv.71 Male
Ability: Intimidate

Moves:
Bite
Ice Fang
Waterfall
Earthquake

-------------------------------------------------------
123.png

Psycho Lv.74 Male
Ability: Technician

Moves:
X-Scissor
Double Hit
Night Slash
Wing Attack

------------------------------------------------------
198.png

Itachi Lv.71 Male
Ability: Super Luck

Moves:
Fly
Faint Attack
Dark Pulse
Night Shade

-----------------------------------------------------
178.png

Kwatoko Lv.70 Male
Ability: Synchronize

Moves:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Fly
Confuse Ray

-----------------------------------------------------
149.png

Steve Lv.75 Male

Moves:
Fly
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
Thunder
---------------------------------------------------

Okay, on to Hoenn, which always seems to have a mediocre selection of Pokemon to choose from...

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Did a lot of stuff that I don't remember, then challenged Fantina.
vs
131.gif

Spoiler:

I did some TM hunting, got Shadow Ball for Dedee, and got Aerial Ace, Brick Break, and Swords Dance for Drop D.
I headed over to Canalave, beat my rival and took on Byron.
vs
134.gif

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Steel Monotype Ultimate Challenge: Fire Red Update #0 (Not sure if what I did is allowed or not)

- Picked Bulbasaur so that rival had a fire type starter.
- Plowed through Brock and Misty and ignored Lt. Surge to still be technically before 3rd Gym.
- Did the S.S. Anne, got Cut HM, went to the Rock Tunnel.
- Caught an Onyx and named it Jasmine.
- Here is where the iffy business starts. To be allowed to have a Steelix, I gave myself the national pokédex and a metal coat.
- It's the same Onyx, nothing changed besides making it a Steelix.
- If this is against the rules then I'm more than okay with restarting with like a Magnemite egg or something.
- If this is allowed then I'll do it with Scyther too and have a 3 mon team.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I beat both Saturn and Mars then went through Mt. Coronet.
Got to Snowpoint City and challenged Candice.
vs
135.gif

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So after I finished Emerald (Which I totally forgot to update here) I kinda took like a few month break. But now I'm back and I will continue in Gen 4. Will update soon and more often.

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
First Update of my Bug-Type run on Crystal!!!

-Picked Starter, went to Mr.Pokemon house yadadada......
-Caught a Caterpie! Named it Potato
-Caught a Weedle, named it Me!
-Caught a Spinarak, named it Spiderack
-Grinded all to Level 10
-Finally went through the route to Violet
-Went through Sprout Tower, nothing really exciting
-Challenged Falkner, suprisingly, I won on my first try :)
-Currently looking to catch a Ledyba
Team:
Spoiler:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Alright, here goes what I hope to be my last update before nailing this challenge, which I plan to do tonight!

Ultimate Monotype Challenge
Type: Flying
Game: LeafGreen
Badges: 7

I think the last time I posted, I had just spent an obscene amount of money on Game Corner coins, so I could buy my precious Dratini, the fifth member of my team. Following that, the storyline unfolds, I kick Team Rocket's ass a couple times, Dratini evolves, and Dragonair turns out to be a magnificent team member. I easily kick Koga's ass and hurry off to Cinnabar Island to turn my old piece of amber back to life - and there he was, Aerodactyl, the sixth and final member of my team! After some grinding, Aerodactyl was ready to blast through the old mansion and research facility-thing and then easily kick Blaine's ass by spamming Rock Slide. After that, I head off to the Sevii Islands with Bill, kick some ass, rescue a little girl, and it's all good and well. Charizard gains some levels and resume the position of Team Leader. I can't help it, I'm like that with my starter, and this is the only run where I can use my starter - anyway, after getting back from the Sevii Islands, I realize that I'd completely forgotten about Sabrina, so I head back to Saffron City and sweep the entire Gym with Fearow, Butterfree, Aerodactyl and Charizard. Sabrina only ever met Charizard.

Anyway, I'm off to once and for all destroy Giovanni's self-esteem. Here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Flying Monotype
No clue where I left off in updates but this run is done. I was running around the game massively overleveled and when I got to the elite 4, I figured that my levels would be similar to theirs so no problem, right? I WAS UNDERLEVELED. Had to go back to Victory Road and train until Dragonair evolved before I was finally ready to take down the e4. :<

Final team:
Spoiler:

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
So, I've been getting really bored of Gen III so I've been playing both my Flying-Mono and Ice-Mono challenges back to back for the past little while and have made significant progress in both:

Ultimate Ice-Mono: Emerald

- Named myself "Brendan" and chose Treecko as my Starter

- Hacked in a level 3 "Spheal" and named him "Wozza"

- Made it all the way to Rustboro and hacked in a level 6 "Lapras" and called him "Loch"
( I posted "what are you doing here" and hacked him in on February 26 so it should be allowed)

-
Made short work of Roxanne thanks to water gun and obtained the
20px-Stone_Badge.png
Stone Badge

- Made my way to Dewford and delivered the letter to Steven in Granite Cave

- Had a tough time with Brawly but managed to win the
20px-Knuckle_Badge.png
Knuckle Badge

- Traveled to Slateport and kicked Team Aqua out of the Museum

- Beat May and arrived in Mauville where I sent Wally back to Verdanturf where he belongs

- Had a surprisingly easy time with Wattson thanks to Lapras, and earned myself the
20px-Dynamo_Badge.png
Dynamo Badge

- Made my way to Meteor Falls and met Prof. Cosmo then made my way to Mt.Chimney and beat Maxie

- Went to the Lavaridge Gym and easily dispatched Flannery for the
20px-Heat_Badge.png
Heat Badge

- Went all the way back to Petalburg and beat Norman for the
20px-Balance_Badge.png
Balance Badge

- Took the long road to the Weather Institute and kicked Team Aqua out of the building

- Beat May once again and arrived in Fortree City

- Went over to Route 120 and got the Devon Scope from Steven, then went back to Fortree and entered the Gym

- Had a pathetic fight with Winona and obtained the
20px-Feather_Badge.png
Feather Badge

Ultimate Flying-Mono: Emerald

- Named myself "Harvey" and chose Torchic as my Starter

- Caught a "Wingull" and named him "Gulliver"

- Went to Petalburg then caught a "Taillow" and named him "Ken"

- Went to the Rustboro Gym and barely beat Roxanne for the
20px-Stone_Badge.png
Stone Badge

- Made my way to Granite Cave, caught a Zubat named "Vlad" and delivered the letter to Steven

- Had an easy time with Brawly and earned the
20px-Knuckle_Badge.png
Knuckle Badge

- Did the Museum quest then beat May and entered the Mauville Gym

- Had the hardest fight with Wattson I've ever had but managed to pull through for the
20px-Dynamo_Badge.png
Dynamo Badge

- Went to Meteor Falls and caught a Swablu called "Cotton" and a Skarmory called "Scar" along the way then all the way back to Mt chimney to beat Maxie

- Went to Lavaridge Gym and beat Flannery for the
20px-Heat_Badge.png
Heat Badge

- Back to Petalburg I went and beat Norman for the
20px-Balance_Badge.png
Balance Badge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, back to Gen III, I'm really getting bored of it so I'll finish it up as quick as possible so I can move on.

Last edited:

Harmonixer3500

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
Another update on my Fire Red Poison type run. Made my way to Mt. Moon catching a Nidoran Male along the way. Stepped inside Mt. Moon and caught a Zubat. I then trained up Nidoran and Zubat outside Mt. Moon to be equal to Bulbasaur and Beedrill. Made my way through Mt. Moon where Bulbasaur evolved against the Hiker, and Nidoran evolved against the Team Rocket leader. Got out side Mt. Moon and then defeated Misty's Jr. trainers. Now training my team to level 20 to take on Misty.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Well, it's almost been a whole month since my last update, so I guess it's about time for some! Here's update #8 on my HeartGold grass monotype run, now with all 16 badges! Quite a leap since last time, so this may be longer than usual.
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

And here's the fourth update for FireRed. I have all eight badges at this point!
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
Username: Pyromaniac45
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, HG, S, P, B
As apparent from my username, I'm a fan of fire type pokemon, so I'm going to give this monotype challenge a new spin... type I've had very little respect for. Grass.

I started Fire Red, picked Bulbasaur, and made my way to Pewter City.
Bulbasaur Lv. 12
Time: 0:28

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
update for my Dark Run
-trained Eevee until it was able to learn Bite
-challenged Fantina and beat her
-trained so i could get past the rival
-trained some more for Veilstone Gym
-Eevee evolved into Umbreon
-defeated Maylene
-helped Dawn get her Pokedex back

Team:
Umbreon
Lv. 43

HM Slaves:
Bidoof
-Cut

Psyduck
-Rock Smash

Noctowl
-Defog
-Fly

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
Okay, just finished Ice-Mono Emerald and am also almost finished Flying-Mono Emerald, here are my results for Ice:

Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge: Emerald

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

emesprani365.gif

Wozza Lv.57 Male
Ability: Thick Fat

Moves:
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Surf
Blizzard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
emesprani131.gif

Loch Lv.56 Male
Ability: Water Absorb

Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
emesprani362.gif

Colgate Lv.57 Male

Moves:
Blizzard
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Earthquake

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'll start the Platinum portion of my Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge, not looking forward to using an Eevee for most of the game though... ugh...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think I'll start the Platinum portion of my Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge, not looking forward to using an Eevee for most of the game though... ugh...
Yeah. That Platinum sucks for Ice, but is also the best game for it. So many to choose from!

I'm gonna be a little late on my weekly update, because my job sucks and my schedule is all firetrucked up. So Thursday is my only day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back