• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I'll stick with it, but I may have to delay it for awhile. Just for the record, how many people actually finish an RM2K here?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
ive made two games, Crisis of a catacomb, and moonlight dawn. they were both crap and had about an hours gameplay each. they were made when i was learning to use rm2k and to add cool features. i also pride myself on the fact that i have two completed games. I wish i could find them so i could put them on here as examples to all the n00bs that try to make awesome pokemon games on they're first attempts.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I've finished one stupid game about my friends at school.
I scanned all their school photos, made them into chars
and face-sets and played it to release stress.
I've also finished a pokemon style game but in my game
pokemons catch people.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Hey guys! I haven't updated in awhile, but here's the latest news. I just wanted to let you guys know I've just uploaded my newest demo! It's pretty long guys, so check out the "all the things you can do" guide under the download. Click here to download Demo v2.0!!!

I am 99.9% sure there should be no problems with playing the demo this time. :)

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Oh, thank goodness!

*remembers all the good times of hitting the computer with his fist in frustration*

I'll see if it works this time :P

Waaah! My Evaluation Version of WinZip expired!

Last edited:

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
Years
Well, I've just tried the new DEMO and have some thoughts about it...

MAJOR: When I entered the gym in turquoise town, I got an error message. That needs to be fixed.

That was the only major problem, but I have some other ideas that might help make your game look better.

INSIDE HOUSES: Center the action in the middle of the blackness insetad of the upper-right hand corner. It will look better, I promise!
INSIDE THE CAVERN: At some points the level you are on simply ends at the edge of the map, but in some places there are teleport events. To distinguish between the two, add walls to every part of the caverns outer edge.

Other than that, great demo. Now I'm off to replay since I forgot to save before that error...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I fixed it. The game was missing the charset POKEMON_CHARA_PEOPLE7. There was an event there after you've spoken to Petallia. I'm going to attach the file you need so that you can enter the gym. Put the attachment into the charset folder for Pokemon Orre. This should fix the problem.

Years
After you beat the Petallia and go outside, you can walk away when the Team Cipher guy bumps into you, and when he pushes you away I couldn't move afterwards.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
After he bumps into you, your not suppose to be able to move. Then "after the battle" and he runs off, then you can move. I think I made the hero wait too long, but you should be able to move right after he runs off.

EDIT- That event still isn't finished. When I was still working on the game, I planned on completing it and fixing any errors. The part where you could still walk before he bumps into you is an error I had planned on fixing. If you replay that part and you don't move after you walk out of the gym, then it should be fine. After he bumps into you, you're suppose to be frozen so you don't walk away. There was also an event with Team Cipher on Route 505 that I hadn't completed.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I really hope you eventually decide to resume work on this Sage. I would like to see this get completed because it would be a shame to let all of that good work go to waste.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
That's nice of you to say, phoenix. Maybe in the future, but right now, I have so much going on. I've got a job to do at the mall. I'm trying to bring up my GPA, so I'm attempting an AP(Advanced Placement) English class because an A is worth a bit more than a 4.0. It's summer, I know, but an English AP class gives you work over the summer. I've got to read 2 novels, and 3 plays. Then I have to do a thesis statement on each. I also have to create 25 sentences using subcoordinators, coordinators, and transitional words. I also just got a new puppy that I have a responsibility to take care of. And I'm about to take the SAT again. Prom is coming up, but that's not for awhile now. I have got friends and family to be with too. You get the idea, right? Whew! That's a load of stuff. Maybe in the future, but most likely not. College is right around the corner...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I guess you do have a lot to do. Although I'm with phoenix about you
reuming this project, I do a admit that reality is much more important.
Anyway, I really do hope that you resume this!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Thanks DM, it's good to hear that. The news about my demo making it in the archive... not the college thing. :D

Daegon- Yep, reality... sucks.

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I hope u continue your game it is awesome but if u don't have time i accept that good luck

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Wow, I'm so surprised and flattered to see that you have such a devotion for me to continue this project. Like you said, we did talk about this already, but this project won't be coming back. I'm really sorry about this Maximo. I started this project even stating in my first post that there was a big chance this will never be completed, so that I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up. But your post is really thoughtful, I really wish I could make you happy and start it up again, but I just can't. Besides, there are other projects with MUCH MORE experienced programmers such as phoenix and rm2k3kid. Their games come from experience as mine came from me learning how to use RM2K3. If there is any game you should be excited about, it should be theirs.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
PKMN_Sage your demon 0.2 doesnt work for me :/

Thanks Matt;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back