• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I actually thought of this the other day. Sort of like ER: Pokecenter edition.

I kind of thought it was a good idea.

I thought it was too, yet odd seeing as those two are so... completely different. XD With my lack of an ability to make a nice storyline out of it I was like.. "@_@ Ahhh forget it" I just couldn't grasp anything around it. ._.; And I thought it was strange by how ironic it was compared to my life. (Family = Nurse family) XD

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I actually thought of this the other day. Sort of like ER: Pokecenter edition.

I kind of thought it was a good idea.
Yeah, but think of how boring it would be if you went by game canon. :D Maybe it could be an Evangelion-like psychological investigation into the mind of someone who stands at a counter all day putting Pokeballs into a machine and then taking them out five seconds later, that must be a mind-numbingly dull job.

By the way, I'd just thought I'd formally say goodbye to the wonderful people of PC and to you guys in the Lounge as well. I'm going to be in no-internet-land until around the 11th of August, so see you later~!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
What the best line you have put in a fic?

for me it would be "Taylor, everyone gets the chance to be a hero, this is not yours."

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What is the cheesiest line you've ever written in a fanfic?

"There are plenty of fish in the sea." -Gold, JaB

I win. That was in such a horrible place. Right after Silver almost killed himself, you choose to tell him this? -facepalm- Great going, me. :<

"To me, your...just a brother..." -Blue, JaB

I've had my readers use that line on me so much it's not even funny. xD

Bay

Years

Oh dear, I actually have two, both from Jacob, both from Chapter Thirteen. XD

First one, where Jacob was talking to the girls.

"You can either embrace it, challenge it, or forget it."

Second one, where Jacob was speaking to a crowd at a contest.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I say this. The stage is set. Goals will be achieved. History will come alive!"

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Weirdest possible idea for a crackfic crossover you've ever had?

ET/Pokémon. I actually wrote the first chapter. I read over the first few passages when I finished it and I realised how horrible it was.

"Squirtle, phone home."

Just realised that I haven't posted in this thread for ages.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Ah, psh, your crackfic crossovers are no match for my epic Pokevangelion fic. Shinji with Altered DNA Pikachu 01 FTW!

.... *slits own throat to prevent self from writing such a monstrosity*

Cheesiest line you've ever written in your fic.

Officially? Er... I'd say maybe Laertes's assertion that he's just a Ronin, when he's protesting as to why the guard he was supposed to have knocked out is now up and holding a Pokeball. I swear, Scyther/Samurai comparisons are overdone in this fandom... but giving him the whole knee-jerk honor response was the only thing I could think of aside from ripping off the entire Scyther system of ideals from Dragonfree's fics. I wanted to make sure that it was obvious that this is my fic, but sometimes the ideas other people have seem... so right, it's just so hard for me not to steal them. *shot'ed*

Best line you've ever written?

I can't quote it exactly, but I took a bit of a shine to the Speaker of the House's assertion that a highly-trained officer of the Phyresian military does not allow himself to be slapped by an angry maid unless he wants to be. Meh, I still think that part of the fic needs to be re-worked somewhat, because the line still sounds a bit like he was saying that Michael could have charmed what he wanted out of the maid as opposed to insisting that he had the physical ability to avoid the slap. I dunno- just me?

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Eh, probably something like this:

Chapter 10 of The Quest for the Legends version ILCOE said:
"I'm afraid you mistook that for a question!" the man barked. "Speak, or things will get nasty."

My favorite is still "He realized vaguely that he was lying in a pool of his own blood, but couldn't get himself to care," from Scyther's Story, but other candidates are:

Chapter 32 of The Quest for the Legends version ILCOE said:
"My father always used to say that there were two reasons you should make each and every one of your birthdays the best party you've ever had," he said gleefully while cutting a slice for Alan, May and finally himself. "One: It might always be your last birthday, and in fact that becomes likelier every year, so it's good always to assume it is. Two: It's well worth celebrating that you were wrong about it last year."

Chapter 7 of Morphic said:
"They took us to the morgue," she went on. "Brian was there. There was a lot of blood. It smelled nice. I think I wanted to eat him."

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Oh! My! GOOOOODDD!!!!
It's Dragonfreeee!!!!
Can I has an autograph?
xD

"To me, your...just a brother..." -Blue, JaB

I've had my readers use that line on me so much it's not even funny. xD
That's not the best grammar. xD

Uhm... none.

Cheesiest line you've ever written?
Oh...maybe this?
He dreamed that he was a Treecko and was being chased by a massive Pokéball.
He was dreaming, yes.
And then it goes to say...
He ran and ran through Littleroot Town, the Pokéball rapidly chasing him. The Pokéball opened and closed like a Chain Chomp.
xDDD
I was going to have a dream about a carnivorous panacake...but...xD

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I've only just started my fanfic and i've already got a few lines for this.

1. "Oh! It's so cute!"
2. "That's Aipom... he's my best friend,"
3. "I've done my job," she whispered, "And now nothing stands in Team Aqua's way!"

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Cheesiest line(s)

Eon Chronicles said:
A warm feeling spread through his body. It was the feeling of courage, one he hadn't felt since his brother died.

Gahhh....

"Thank you, Latias," he said. "Thank you for being such a good friend."

That's torture to read out loud.

Best line

Eon Chronicles said:
"All the riches in all of the treasuries of men could not match nature in her artistry."

Said by one of my characters after a lengthy setting description that I'm rather proud of. Haven't posted the chapter that contains this yet.

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Being a writer, have you ever written your own death scene?

Yes, driving like a 100 miles an hour in the middle of nowhere and having a blow out, rolling my car several times and escaping without injuries. Then wandering about for days and finally dyeing of dehydration, or being chased down by a pack of wolves.

I may need to get me a shrink. XD

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
Years

No. That's kind of...strange. I usually stick solely to fiction, anyways. As in without existing people, places, and things.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years

Well, no I haven't. For one, I don't really have death in my future for my fanfics and two, I don't really care for having it in them anyways.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

I haven't written a death scene, however I have written an attempt at suicide. I personally think I didn't pull it off very well, though most of my readers will disagree.

I do, however, have to write a funeral in the future. Shall be fun to write, with all the drama and emotions and what not.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
I don't write about myself (or any other real person, for that matter). The very idea of it rings wrong to me. So no.

I have imagined my own death, though. And I do write a lot of death scenes for characters I love and sympathize with.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023

Nope. And I really don't plan to. Sure, death scenes are great and all, but I'd really rather not write one about myself. I save those for the adored characters who will make everyone feel sad and emotional upon their (the character's) death. If I wrote about myself dying, especially if I put it online, I'd probably come off as some self-obsessed jerk. Which I sincerely hope I'm not... O.O

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years

Not neccisarily in a fanfic...
But I see myself dying/almost dying by trying to overdose on antidepressants in my bathroom when I'm in my early twenties >.>

Oh
And Brain Hemmorage while I'm asleep
That scares me :(
So if I have a bad headache while I'm going to sleep...I get scared sometimes >.>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Considering how I've never written myself as a character in a story, I've gotta say no.

I still picture my death as something that will be car-related. Whether it's because I get hit by one or a closing hood decapitates me... I've even had visions of me being in a car and it suddenly goes boom.

EDIT: Recently, I've been wondering if my death will somehow be linked to Rick Rolling XD

Last edited:

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years

Nope. I've never written about myself in a fictional context at all, in fact.

EDIT: Recently, I've been wondering if my death will somehow be linked to Rick Rolling XD

Death caused by being Rickrolled one time too many or death caused by you Rickrolling the wrong person? X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back