• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
How is this not indexed? What needs fixing?

62506337.png
or
83023300.png

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Can you give me the hexes of Pokemons,Items and more for Pokemon RBY?
List of various hex values for RBY
Can i add new pokemons to Pokemon RBY?
Theoretically. The easiest way would be to replace one of the 39 copies of Missingno. that exist.
How i import/export pokemon pictures from?to Pokemo RBY like AGIXP to GS?
No tool exists that can compress in the RBY image format. With ASM it may be feasible to bypass the compression routine and load normal, uncompressed images instead.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
FLAG CHECK

Is there a way to check whta flags have been used in an already hacked rom?

Trying to hack someone elses rom for my friend so he can get two extra pokemon at the beginning of the game.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there a way to check whta flags have been used in an already hacked rom?

Trying to hack someone elses rom for my friend so he can get two extra pokemon at the beginning of the game.

why not open the scripts with XSE...?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
You have to use specials for badges. I can't really make out the difference between additem and giveitem.
And, all this shows you in the file std.rbh that came out with your XSE.

additem 'silently' adds 1 of the selected item to your bag. giveitem displays a message, and you can tell it to be a 'found item' message, or a 'give item' message.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
Ok, so i've searched the threads and found nothing.

Does there exist a list, where all the Fire Red offsets are named?
IE the intro screen with the professer, or the controls screen.

Thanks

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Does there exist a list, where all the Fire Red offsets are named?
IE the intro screen with the professer, or the controls screen.
The DataCrystal ROM map for FireRed is currently blank. If you know of any offsets or discover any on your own, feel free to add to it. (The Pokémon Gold ROM map, though far from complete, has a large amount of data and is a good example of what a good one would look like.)

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
this may be a stupid question and YES i have seen guides but i haven't seen one to address this particular question....

Can you ADD overworld sprites and trainer sprites without having to replace old ones?? just ADD the sprite in there as an extra?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
this may be a stupid question and YES i have seen guides but i haven't seen one to address this particular question....

Can you ADD overworld sprites and trainer sprites without having to replace old ones?? just ADD the sprite in there as an extra?

You can add new overworlds but not trainer sprites

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
When you're making a backsprite, does the pallette for your image you want to replace have to be 16bmp? Also, how do I get a pallette of an image thats 16bmp?

EDIT Figured it out

Last edited:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Stupid question I need some help with:

I'm trying to locate the offset for a few scripts that are proving very elusive (both are Ruby scripts located in Littleroot Town). The first is the script that appears after you set the clock and walk out of your room, where your mom calls you over to the TV, you see the tail end of a report about Norman, and then your mom suggests you visit your neighbor. The second script offset I'm looking for is the one that starts when you walk into the Proussor's lab after having battled your rival on Route 103 - where Birch gives you a Pokedex and your rival gives you five Pokeballs. I want to edit these scripts (actually, in the case of the second, I want to get rid of it altogether, and have you receive the Pokedex in another manner), but am finding it very difficult without knowing the offsets - can anyone help me? (I know where the offsets to the text boxes for these events are located; but not the events themselves). Thanks!

Years
I'm new to hacking and advance map, so I really don't know if there's an obvious solution for this or not, but here's my question:

So I found this cool tileset that I wanted to use, and yes it was for public use if credited, so I saved it, opened it in paint, saved it as a .dib, went on advance map, opened a tileset I didn't really need, clicked "Load tileset", clicked on the tileset picture i saved, but then it said "the palette file is missing," and I have no idea what that means. I looked through tons of tutorials for AM and couldn't find a solution. Anybody want to help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back