• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you first start playing pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Pokemon Blue, December 25, 1998 ;)

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I had a Gameboy, it was my brothers, but they gave it to me since they grew out of it, all I was playing between 99 - 01 was Super Mario Land, Jamed Bond 007, Tennis and some basketball game, then my cousin decided to give me Pokemon Yellow Version, I played that and well, I enjoyed it immensely!

Years
1998..a year I'll never forget..when all those grizzly murders occurred in the Arklay Mountains..lol just kidding 1998 was the year I stole Pokemon Blue Version from my brother and it was love at first sight.

Doogle3097

Hola.
Years
2007, Pokemon Diamond. I was 10, and missed all the good stuff, but since I've played every main game (European versions anyway)

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Christmas 1998, Blue version along with a yellow Game Boy. Though I did borrow my sister's Game boy color and pinball before that. I still to this day have a copy of Crystal. It's my favorite game ever.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I started on emerald here. Still my fav to this day. It was kinda special in a way since I had to go on a treasure hunt on my birthday to find it.

Being the noob I was I thought I would get gold silver since I thought it was current, but boy was I wrong lol...

blue

gucci
Years
it was the 90's, I was very young so idr the actual year but I know I've been playing for at least 13 years.

Years
Christmas of...1998 or 99, can't remember. I recieved a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Yellow. I then proceeded to rage over Brock and his Rock types for months.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I think it was around the time when I was in the second grade. My mom took me to a store and I could choose from any of the first or second generation games on the GameBoy, and so I went with Blue. :D

ReTAsp

Awesome Norwegian :D
Years
Ohh... I think it was around 2004/2005. We got a new neighbour and he had GBA with LG and sapphire. I also had GBA, together with my brother (mine is broken and he bought a new one) anyway, I borrowed his sapphire version and I still have it one place. This was my first time playing pokémon and I'm still enjoying it :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Unofficially (since I stole it)
Around when Pokemon Emerald came out. I was at Wallmart with my parents and I went into the Electronics section to play the video game demo's. When I noticed the someone had left the video game case open........ I grabbed a gameboy advanced sp and a copy of emerald........... I shoved it in my pants and then rushed to find my parents and asked them for the car keys to chill in the car..... I ran to our car and busted open the gameboy and I put in the emerald game and I started playing it.......

Officially (I actually bought it)
I bought a Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon Black in 2012........... Lol

Guest123_x1

My Game Boy Colour was also green and my first game was also Yellow
Hey guess what? Same thing applies to me too!
I first started playing Yellow, which I got for Christmas in 1999, and got hooked on it almost instantly, but to much initial reluctance when I first opened it.

FSChris

Frozen Studios Exe.
Years
  • FL
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
I started when back right when emerald was released, but i have always watched the show. so, here's what i did. i got pokemon blue, beat it, then red, beat it, then i bought all 3 hoenn games, beat them eventually, then moved onto gen 4, beat them, bought leaf green and fire red, then waited for black and white. wich i have beat, but i love B/W so much i got white, beat it, now i'm on Black. ^.^

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
I'm not sure, I think it was maybe around 2005, playing on a friend's Red Version. The first game I actually owned was Diamond, but I've got no idea when I got that. Maybe 2008?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I was 8 years old and my cousin showed me his pokemon blue and I was hooked. I waited until my dad came home and we rushed out to Software etc to buy a Red and Blue copy. My addiction never faded. I bought EVERY game that came out for the handhelds

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
I started playing on my friends' Blue and Red versions right when they came out. I personally told my parents I wanted to wait for Yellow version to come out, and that was the first game I owned, and got it with the Pikachu edition game boy. I then bought Gold, Silver, Crystal, skipped Gen 3, then bought Diamond Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black and White. Bought the TCG, Pinball, Snap, Stadium, and rented Puzzle League. I have one of those mystery dungeon games, but don't really like it. I also tried Ranger and didn't like it. Might be that those games are for the younger demographic.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
I started playing when my friend lent me his Blue version with an original huge Gameboy to raise some pokemon to battle him. I loved it but didn't get really hooked on it until I bought my very own gameboy colour with Pokemon Yellow. It was pretty much the only game I played on it. I loved Blue but Yellow was great because it had more colours and because Pikachu followed your sprite around <3 (colour with a U because i'm in Canada)

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Around 2000, when I was three. I played my brother's Pokemon Blue, even though I couldn't read. I got a GBC and Pokemon Crystal when I was four, for my birthday which was a couple months after the release. I could read a little (Gist of the storyline) and I played it a TON. It took me a while to beat the Elite 4 but I just raised my Typhlosion until it got Flamethrower XD. Haven't stopped playing ever since.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Emerald, still love it to this day as you can see. The main thing that got me was a silly book of facts about the 1st gen pokemon....I was actualy given pokemon stadium 2 a bit before, but I don't count that, but thanks to that I was convinced gold and silver were still current....silly me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back