• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice abuse, Navy! I know you worked really hard on that. Just a note to everyone -- the challenge is extended an additional three days due to the holiday. Get a RNG'in! I want to see some nice oRaNGes!

Now, my entry:
UT:
007.png
381.png
007.png

Latios ♂ Lv. 68
OT: Prim | ID: 49994
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Psycho Shift, Dragon Dance, Psychic, Heal Pulse
Non-Redis

EV'd:
007.png
381.png
007.png

Latios ♂ Lv. 100
OT: Prim | ID: 49994
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: 6 Def/252 SAt/252 Spd
Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Protect
Non-Redis

Latios has really saved me multiple times in VGC and Singles battling and I'd have to say that he is one of my favorite Pokemon to bring to the table. Such a strong, tough 'mon along with his twin, Latias! I had fun figuring out how to catch him since it was a little different than standard. He is really amazing and strong and I am just glad that I was able to RNG him in B2 for this challenge!​

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Ok, so it's the time for my entry! I was going to post it earlier, but I fall asleep, oh well :/

My entry is more of a nostalgic win than something that saves me in the battles right now. It comes from the past times of 4th Generation, when it was my first contact with competitive battling. Singles, UnderUsed. Let's have a look:

Nessy ♀
3.png

349.png
007.png

Nature: Calm || Ability: Swift Swim || OT: Gonzo (13931)
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 [HP Grass 70]
Splash|Tackle|Splash

My old safe file is gone forever with all my past competitive Pokemon. The same thing happened to Nessy, my Milotic. I was able to re-create her, tho I made a few modifications: first of all, it's non shiny. I didn't have a decent shiny spread so it's non-shiny. Second thing is the ball - the original Nessy was a shiny bred Pokemon so it had a Pokeball by default. I'm a pokeball sicko and all my balls have to match the pokemon somehow so I used Dive Ball. Actions say more than words so let's see what Nessy was capable of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPpAxlJC4g

ps. I hate how YT videos never work for me on PC...

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
It's official I'm back from my long 2 months of training for the US Nationals for VGC and I am ready with my entry to boot :) It's been a while since I've done this but I'm excited to be able to again, so let's HM dive into my entry shall we?

pokeball.gif
272f.gif
pokeball.gif

Zheng'd! | Ludicolo (F) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

OT: Tom | ID: 08716
Modest | Swift Swim
IVs: 31/
0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 36 HP | 252 SpA | 220 Speed
Moveset: Hydro Pump | Giga Drain | Ice Beam | Protect
Trophy Case <3

Remember this guy? He was on my Rhode Island team, when I did poorly in VGC, and it's back for a vengeance on a different team. Nicknamed after one of the clutchest VGC players and 2 x Nationals Senior champion Aaron Zheng, Ludicolo is a perfect fit for the nickname and oh my can you say MVP? It won me so many battles at the VGC US Nationals tournament, esp a 2v1 in my round 3 battle. It's 0 IV in attack, is for those people who like to swagger everything, and it was viable for my team to be used inside and out of Trick Room. Wondering why it's female? Because of pokemon like prankster Sabeleye that run Captivate, since most players get Male pokes the Captivate/attract users are usually female, and having 4 mons female saved me from all of the trouble other players had. Life Orb Hydro Pump KO's so many pokes that don't resist it, and Giga Drain is perfect to get some of that health back from damage and LO and Ice beam is for coverage, Protect is key for scouting other protects and then being able to take it out. Even outside of rain Ludicolo is a force to be reckoned with, paired with the all mighty prankster Thundurus being able to twave and slow down faster mons for a late game Ludicolo sweep. You can take a look at an example of Ludicolo by fast forwarding to the end of this battle from Nats: Round 3

I hope you all enjoyed my entry, and good luck to everyone else!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Wiilio, it's so nice to see you! Please visit me us more! :)

Navy, very nice choice. Garchomp is a force to be reckoned with!

Mac, I wasn't expecting the Latios! What do you mean it's a little different from standard..? hmm... Latios is a very tough contender as well. :D

Gonzo, I like dive balls guuuguuu. It's very sweet to see you recreate a Pokemon. They have such nice names! Hot Dog! :) The guy's accent in the video is like woahh.

Tom, don't you know that behind every victorious man is a great woman? You did well to battle with 4 females. ;)

Oh my gosh, what to say about this troublemaking RNG abuse... :(

447.png

Riolu | Alice 57098
♂ Jolly | Prankster
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Agility, Circle Throw, Bullet Punch, Crunch​

Mac the Lucario is great in my Black2 playthough. His wittle Force Palm was good enough to win most battles. When he learned Aura Sphere and Extremespeed, he became pretty much a MVP. I made fun of Mac every time I had to use a Full Restore, but it was an item well spent! I wanted to sorta recreate this Riolu... I went with Prankster because 1) priority Copycat+Roar looks fun and 2) Mac's signature troll has Prankster ability... It's fitting. :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Damn! No way I'll be able to top all of these wonderful entries! <3 Here are two Pokemon I just caught tonight... haven't saved me yet but I hope they will in the future!

007.png
488.png
007.png

Lovegood (Cresselia) ♀ Lv. 50
OT: Ginny | ID: 29007
Nature: Calm
IVs: 31, 5, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 68
Moves: Mist, Aurora Beam, Future Sight, Slash
Non-Redis

007.png
488.png
007.png

Yue (Cresselia) ♀ Lv. 50
OT: Hoshi | ID: 22222
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31, 14, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 70
Moves: Mist, Aurora Beam, Future Sight, Slash
Non-Redis

Cresselia! <3 Named appropriate names, of course.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
007.png
366.png
007.png

Clamperl
male.png
| Level 46
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Shell Armor | 30 31 31 30 31 31 | [HP: Grass 70]
Clamp, Water Gun, Whirlpool, Iron Defence.
[Caught at Route 4]

My challenge entry is Clamperl... well Gorebyss, but I don't seem to have a Deepseascale on me atm. I chose Gorebyss because of the one I used all the time in my Ruby. He was my first level 100 Pokémon in the game and he had a timid nature like this one. Being my first level 100, I always ended up relying on him to sweep when everyone else had fainted. I also used him to get my 50 win streak at the Battle Tower. One memory comes to mind where I managed to beat a Latias, which had swept the rest of my team with luck from Ice Beam. He is probably the most precious Pokémon I own for sentimental reasons. This was also my first fishing RNG and pretty Dive Ball :3

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Sage harvest is over! I'll be done with work Wednesday :D

As promised...

repeatball.png
645.png
645-s.png
repeatball.png

Landorus
Nickname: Raja
Nature: Adamant
31/31/30/x/31/31​

I'll be restarting White in order to RNG my next project, Thundurus, but that's really the only thing I want personally. If anyone has requests they can let me know.

As for the competition, I'd participate, but the Pokemon that has saved me the most is Jirachi, and you can't just RNG Jirachi out of the blue, unfortunately :(

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
According to my watch (and assuming we are counting daylight savings time), the challenge has ended! As such, the winner is:
Spoiler:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Congrats, Tom! That's awesome work there B) Thank you Deku for judging and providing the prize! A wonderful choice with Reunc. :D

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've been really unmotivated to RNG anything lately. Especially because it means I have to change the clock on my Black and White, and that ruins the daily events for the next day or two. I really want to learn RNG abuse on Emerald, I need stronger Pokémon on it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Good luck, Vappy :3 I know how it feels to not be motivated.

Challenge 24: Favoritism! RNG a Pokemon that is based on your favorite character from any media! (Video Game, Book, Movie, TV Series, Manga, etc...)

Good luck and have fun all!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If it makes you feel better Vappy, I've been unmotivated too. Without trading capabilities at the moment, losing the ability to clone my Japanese Pokemon when I CAN trade again, and having a messed up PC, it's just discouraging really. I could download PPRNG or whatever on my Mac but eh. I don't like having to change and use things that are different. idk. :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Poor Syd :( I hope you can come back soon.

My challenge entry:

004.png
622.png
004.png

Toph (Golett) ♁ Lv. 17
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Ability: Iron Fist
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Iron Defense, Swagger, Rock Smash, Earthquake
Non-Redis

Toph Bei Fong! My favorite character from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I chose Golett because it's a small Pokemon (around 3 feet tall) and it's obviously part Ground type. The ability Iron Fist is just one representation of Toph's metalbending, which she single-handedly invented in a time of crisis. Iron Defense represents Toph using metal to surround her body to make armor, thus increasing her defense tenfold. Swagger... Toph definitely has swagger. She's just so damn cool and she knows it! Leaning back, dirty feet up... this girl's got it. Rock Smash... I mean what kind of Earth bender would she be if she didn't smash some rocks every now and then? Also, Earthquake... because when Toph slams her foot down, you can be damn sure there's going to be some sort of Earthquake soon.

Golett is genderless, I know, but Toph is a rather boyish female figure in the show, but I used a seed that would have produced a female no matter what if it had been a gendered species just for this reason. In one of the episodes, there was a play done by the Cabbage man and the actor that played Toph was actually a large, bulky guy and she just loved his performance. I both bred and hatched it on 7/12/12 to represent Toph being twelve (the day and the year, of course). The hatch location is also important because Toph would never deny a challenge and being an Earth bender, she loves caves and finds herself at home in them. She was originally taught by giant moles, who were the first Earth benders and much like Toph, they were blind.

Anyway, that's my entry, I hope you all enjoy Toph as much as I enjoyed RNGing her and thinking of this!​

Wiilio

Years
That is a REALLY well-thought-out entry Mac! Great job!

I'm afraid I don't have any motivation for this challenge. I'd say my favorite character from any kind of media ever is Artemis Fowl, but I just don't think any Pokemon quite fits his personality.

I'll be RNGing my Tepig on my new file to complete the trio of Unova starters.

As for the stuff that I recently got:

First, the second starter:
497.gif

Serperior
Nickname: Cynisca
31/31/31/xx/31/31
Coil/Substitute/Leaf Blade/Dragon Tail

Then, just because I like him:
644.gif

Zekrom
Nickname: Lanayru
31/31/31/x/31/31
Outrage/Bolt Strike/Dragon Claw/Fusion Bolt

Now, moving onto my RNGs for B2W2 alongside Landorus:

642.gif
642-therian.gif

Thundurus
Nickname: Baal
Nature: Modest
31/xx/30/31/31/31
Agility/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Ice 70)

And this is arguably the coolest RNG I've ever done:
duskball.png
646.gif
646-black.gif
duskball.png

Kyurem (Black)
Nickname: Aurgelmir
Nature: Lonely
30/31/31/30/31/31
Outrage/Fusion Bolt/Ice Beam/???

Seriously. Shiny Black Kyurem. In a Dusk Ball. It's all amazing.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wow, Wiilio, nice abuses there. Too bad you can't think of anything for your favorite character. :( It's pretty difficult to think of something and you kind of have to settle, like I did... I wish I could have done something better. A blind ground-type Pokemon that relies on echolocation to see? Yeah, that doesn't exist xD But it was all fun anyway... I just love Toph, that's all :D

Since Wiilio did it, here are some of my more recent RNG abuses.

007.png
642.png
007.png

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30, 2, 30, 30, 30, 31 Flying 70
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

004.png
373.png
004.png

Salamence (Salamence) ♀ Lv. 50
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 30, 2, 30, 30, 30, 31 Flying 70
Moves: Heat Wave, Hidden Power, Dragon Pulse, Tailwind
Non-Redis

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I apologize for the double post, but we need to explain what has gone on. The owners (Blade, Gonzo, and I) have decided to move this to the Trade Corner where we hope to garner more attention from our RNG abusers. We changed the name to reflect that is no longer a true Club, per se, so it doesn't belong in Pokemon Clubs. RNG abuse is an art, so this is more like an art gallery where you can discuss RNG, show off your abuses, and participate in challenges.

We will keep challenges open a variable amount of time in hopes to garner more than just a few abuses so people aren't restrained by a short time limit such as five days. If you don't wish to participate in challenges but still wish to post, that's fine! Post your abuses, talk about what inspired you to do them, or what you plan to do with them. This is YOUR art gallery as much as it is OURS. We want to see what you do and talk about RNG as much as you do. I know how much you guys love to nerd out over this stuff, so let's go!

STOP! It's hammer time.

stop-hammer-time.jpg

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I saw this here, I was like "when did they make this thread?" then realized it was the club and thought "but I didn't click Pokemon Clubs, did I?" lol. This does seem more fitting, and maybe now more people will ask for help and learn the art. :) It's tons of fun and I hate that I haven't been able to do it in nearly a month! :(

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
When I saw this here, I was like "when did they make this thread?" then realized it was the club and thought "but I didn't click Pokemon Clubs, did I?" lol. This does seem more fitting, and maybe now more people will ask for help and learn the art. :) It's tons of fun and I hate that I haven't been able to do it in nearly a month! :(
No worry, Sydian. I know someday you will come back to us.
Optimus Prime said at the end of the first movie, "We're are waiting."
That's how we feel about you, Syd ;)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Just letting everyone know, but we will not be extending the challenge. This is the last challenge until people are interested in actually participating... I hope everyone enjoys the new thread with discussions of RNG and helping people RNG abuse. The RNG guide is now in the second post.

Anyway, I win unless someone posts an entry that the judge likes better than mine in the next hour and twenty-one minutes.

Yay. I guess.

My failed attempt at a TR hail team!

004.png
423.png
004.png

Gastrodon ♀ Lv. 100 @ Ground Gem
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Storm Drain
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 0 Psychic 63
EVs: 252 HP/102 Def/34 SAt/122 SDf
Moves: Earth Power, Recover, Blizzard, Muddy Water
Non-Redis

004.png
477.png
004.png

Dusknoir ♀ Lv. 100 @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 0 Ice 64
EVs: 252 HP/30 Att/128 Def/100 SDf
Moves: Trick Room, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Punch
Non-Redis

004.png
131.png
004.png

Lapras ♀ Lv. 100 @ Ice Gem
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/84 Def/100 SAt/74 SDf
Moves: Blizzard, Surf, Ice Shard, Protect
Non-Redis

004.png
297.png
004.png

Hariyama ♀ Lv. 100 @ Flame Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Att/148 Def/110 SDf
Moves: Fake Out, Close Combat, Detect, Ice Punch
Non-Redis

004.png
460.png
004.png

Mrs. Obama (Abomasnow) ♀ Lv. 100 ★ @ Focus Sash
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/52 Att/56 Def/100 SAt/50 SDf
Moves: Giga Drain, Blizzard, Ice Shard, Protect
Non-Redis

004.png
579.png
004.png

Reuniclus ♀ Lv. 100 ★ @ Life Orb
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Magic Guard
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 0 Psychic 63
EVs: 252 HP/104 Def/50 SAt/104 SDf
Moves: Psychic, Trick Room, Shadow Ball, Protect
Non-Redis

I've only won like two or three battles with this team, but I'm still rather proud of it! I RNG'd each mon myself and I EV'd them all with custom EV spreads that I thought of and texted with a damage calculator for the first time. I learned so much with this experience and I can't wait to do it again with an actually good team. xD

What do you guys think? Is it a cool idea at least? xD

Last edited:

Wiilio

Years
I think it's very well thought-out, but mainly relying on Blizzard isn't the best idea. But what do I know about doubles? :B

I like the double strategy with TR/Hail, and just the fact that you're using Hail, which is barely ever used at all. Nice work!

I guess I'll post some stuff. What started as a Nuzlocke run has become a mono-Fighting run. My "friend" gave me a Poliwag. Needless to say, that didn't last long :<

So, here's what's on my team right now:

499.png

Pignite
Nickname: Anaxander
31/31/31/x/31/31
Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Tackle/Leer

534.png

Conkeldurr
Nickname: Gonzo
31/31/31/x/31/31
Wake-Up Slap/Low Kick/Retaliate/Rock Throw

538.png

Throh
Nickname: Chuck
Nature: Careful
31/31/31/x/31/31
Vital Throw/Seismic Toss/Retaliate/Leer

Two more members for this team in the story. Post-story... mayyyybe I'll continue with this. Get a new Timburr/Conkeldurr with Drain and Mach Punch (still name it Gonzo, of course), make a mono-Fighting team that could actually function decently as a competitive team... who knows!

EDIT: We have a new member!

559.png

Scraggy
Nickname: Gex
Ability: Moxie
31/31/31/x/31/31
Faint Attack/Headbutt/Swagger/Sand Attack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back