• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Things from the past

Years
If there is one thing they bring back, let it be the vs. seeker. I found that thing so useful for post-game training in Fire Red and have missed it since. Just give us those tools we deemed mandatory in past regions such as the vs. seeker.

...and was I the only that thought your pokemon breathing down your neck in HG/SS got annoying?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If there is one thing they bring back, let it be the vs. seeker. I found that thing so useful for post-game training in Fire Red and have missed it since. Just give us those tools we deemed mandatory in past regions such as the vs. seeker.

...and was I the only that thought your pokemon breathing down your neck in HG/SS got annoying?

What if every trainer was rematchable everyday, then would you still want the VS seeker? :3

Somewhat but I think the fact that it was cute made it okay. So that's p much why everyone wants it back.

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
What do you hope Y and X brings back?

What are some of the thing that you wish Pokemon X and Y brings back from older generations? One of the things I wish they bring back Secret Bases from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I don't know if a lot of other people did, but I enjoyed that feature and I wish Game Freak would bring it back to X and Y.

Years
Two words. VS Seeker.

This was one of the most handy items ever and I was sad that HG/SS and 5th Gen took it out, having free Trainer rematches at any time can help with grinding, both with levels and money. When I played D/P/Pt, I often abused it on that Breeder with the Happiny, netting me useful EXP quickly, while the Breeders are rematchable in B2/W2 by getting seen by them, it just didn't compare to the VS Seeker.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I want the rematch with Trainer feature back, like VS Seeker or some sort of it, especially if it's the rematch with the Gym Leaders.
And I also want to have Follow Me feature, if possible, because I wanted to bring my Pokemon out.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Two words. VS Seeker.

This was one of the most handy items ever and I was sad that HG/SS and 5th Gen took it out, having free Trainer rematches at any time can help with grinding, both with levels and money. When I played D/P/Pt, I often abused it on that Breeder with the Happiny, netting me useful EXP quickly, while the Breeders are rematchable in B2/W2 by getting seen by them, it just didn't compare to the VS Seeker.

My sentiments exactly. Ahh I remember the good ol' Resort Gorgeous in FRLG. All that money. BW2's breeders get a bit annoying especially with their weak teams. And their placements. If they were in some obscure nook and cranny, that's one thing but having them interrupt your casual relaxing walk cos you forgot about their battle-hungry instincts is different. Plus I wanna fight that old man and lady with the Level 70 Tyranitar and Salamence.

tl;dr I wanna be the one who decides who I fight since I beat you already LOL XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Everthing they have taken out

I don't think putting back everything would be a wise idea, given that they've got to have some interesting features for people to look forward to returning in the likely upcoming remakes imo. :x

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Two words. VS Seeker.

Agreed, I would love to see the VS Seeker return, it was useful as heck, the only problem was that it didn't work on Victory Road, so if they do bring it back, it needs to be able to work pretty much anywhere.

Also, I would like to see the return of the Game Corner, which I know due to laws makes that nigh impossible, but damn I miss it, they could maybe though make something similar, like an amusement park, The region is based on France after all, home to Disneyland Paris, so an amusement park could be a good addition, with Minigames, with prizes.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Three words
Pokemon World Championship
Bonus point if all the special trainers have new, animated sprite.
But that would probably come after RSE remake (if they plan one) or XY sequel. Still, no harm for hoping right? XD

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
There are many things I would like to see:
Secret bases
Double teams (team magma and team aqua or something like that)
PWT (I was so happy that ppl actually cheered there )
PokeRadar
TWO fishing rods

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
The PokeRadar would be able to make a stellar return in this game. I really miss actually being able to catch shiny Pokemon.
I think that one rod is great. Three separate rods was a hassle in itself - while with one it's just like WOOSH "cast dat line, hunty!"
I would love to see the return of the rustling grass again - that was an awesome feature of finding rare Pokemon, as well as the island that you could travel to after beating the E4 in B2/W2. I found that especially delightful. *drooling over all the Kecleons*
I hope the bikes aren't reinstated because I've always had a certain hatred for those homocide-on-wheels'. I could not move three spaces without hitting some poor kid.
Um, being able to rebattle trainers would be nice (please!)
And I hope those fricken Pokemon Breeders will NOT walk up to me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I walk past them on accident. That has to be harassment. Or assault.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I reallyreallyreally want the pokemon contests from ruby/sapphire back, it would make my day

iTeruri

iAm
Years
The Fame Checker.

With the focus on story in Black (2) & White(2) I think something like the Fame Checker could see a return. It could track several characters you meet throughout the story and keep track of the changes they go through.

A non-Gen V example could be Silver, your rival in G/S. The Fame Checker could start out by saying it's a dodgy character that stole Professor Elms Pokémon. Later on it could note that he owns a Crobat, signifying that he grew friendly to his Pokémon.
Yes, it would completely destroy any subtlety in the games when it comes to the story, but I also think it could be quite interesting.

For those who've read Mort by Terry Pratchett, it could be like the autobiographies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I reallyreallyreally want the pokemon contests from ruby/sapphire back, it would make my day
Cheers to that! If not contests from RSE, then at least something more similar to the anime-style contests. With 3D capabilities, they could probably do something really wild with it, and incorporating a battle round would be nice.

My only nitpick is, I hope the Contests Halls are divided amongst the region and not just in one large building. It was always more fun arriving to a new town that had it's own designated contest hall. It made the whole idea of it seem a bit more adventurous; it lost that when they shoved it all into one large building beginning with Emerald.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The Fame Checker.

With the focus on story in Black (2) & White(2) I think something like the Fame Checker could see a return. It could track several characters you meet throughout the story and keep track of the changes they go through.

A non-Gen V example could be Silver, your rival in G/S. The Fame Checker could start out by saying it's a dodgy character that stole Professor Elms Pokémon. Later on it could note that he owns a Crobat, signifying that he grew friendly to his Pokémon.
Yes, it would completely destroy any subtlety in the games when it comes to the story, but I also think it could be quite interesting.

For those who've read Mort by Terry Pratchett, it could be like the autobiographies.

I never really got into the fame checker but that sounds kind of awesome to have, and see how everyone changes throughout the game when characters are becoming increasingly more important as more games are released, from what I've noticed.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd like the VS. Seeker to return. I found it brilliant, and quite "realistic" too. Your rechargeable thingamajig sends out a signal, asking "Is there anybody in this area who wants to battle?". Then it logs the responses, and you walk up to the trainers and have your promised match.

Imo, it's a bajillion times better than those "trainers' eyes", where you had to move all across the map to find a guy who wanted to rebattle you, and then wait for anywhere between 30 seconds and three weeks before he wanted another rematch. It was totally random who would battle you and when. The VS Seeker worked for all trainers, almost anywhere you wanted, the Trainers' eyes only for a select few.

Well, at least better than the PokéGear, imo. The VS Seeker was good for grinding. The Trainers' eyes are... well, they give you an incentive to travel across the region multiple times, and since that region is Hoenn, I can only praise that.

Also, I'd like rebattling trainers and gym leaders to return. All of Unova's postgame facilities are crammed up in Nimbasa City, including most of the rebattleable trainers. There are random times of day when you can't enter that battlefield, and I dunno, I find that Gyms and other dedicated battle arenas have fields more designed to take a beating, easy to maintain and fix after a rough battle. They could of had a "Pokémon Stadium" or something where trainers hung out, instead of doing all the battling in the arenas where humans are supposed to play. Anywhere but the place where it's kinda important that the field is in good condition before every match? I'd have loved the concept a little more if it was in an area designed (and mainly used) for Pokémon battles. Kinda like Battle Square in Pyrite Town. Heck, there's a perfectly good park with a field drawn up in Flocessy Town. Why not have rebattleable trainers there?

Guy

just a guy
Years
If they don't decide on bringing back the VS. Seeker, then I wouldn't mind if GameFreak designed something similar to the Pokémon Breeders in Black 2 and White 2. Except, rather than have a rematch every time you walk past a trainer, you can re-battle them once everyday. Then at certain points of the game, when you go back, they'll be a few levels stronger.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The only two things that I would kill to see come back would be the Vs. Seeker and the auto-run button from HGSS. The Vs. Seeker made grinding so much easier, and as nice as it was having Audino to grind, it took way longer than trainer rematches ever did, plus it was way better for gaining EVs (if that was your thing). The auto-run button I just want back for convenience, as holding down the button is a pain in the butt =P

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I really want to see the follow me feature make a return, that would be wonderful having Pokemon being able to tag along besides you again <3. Also I think the VS. Seeker was a nifty device, so I wouldn't mind if that made a return, then I could watch some of the memorable battles I've done over the time.

Secret Bases would be wonderful as well, it was interesting exploring the Underground, a great way to find rare items, fossils and you could show off your creativity, really liked it <3. And I'd like to see the Pokemon World Tournament make a return, it was great battling all sorts of gym leaders. :3

Back