• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: PokéCommunity Hack-off: Team 1

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
How about a secret island.

My idea was just an island, with a mansion, and a garden to explore.

Makes it easier to set up a mystery setting, where the player has to explore everywhere to get all the clues.
Having to many areas, such as parts of a region would make there be too much for the player to look around.

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
But it would make the game longer. For the island I thought there could be a spy school, a village, a. garden and a mountain

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I made a basic map of what I think the island should look like but it's on paper qnd I'm REALLY not supposed to be up right now so taking a pic would be a bad idea.

But basically is three small towns, a forest, and a mansion alright?

Town A: Has the spy school institute and the dorms for it, a Pc, and a mart so far.
Route 1: Is a route. Town A----???Forest
??? Forest: A forest you go through to get to the mansion. We'll have loke Pidgey and stuff here for the player to get a Flying type considering they might Fly around a lot to find the clues?
Route 2: Another very short Route. ???Forest ------Mansion
The Mansion: Of course this is the scene of the crimes. A Flying Spot should be put here for easy access.
Route 3: Another short Route. Mansion-----Town B
Town B: Some Clues and such could be found here.
Route 4: Another short Route. Town B----Town C
Town C: Something you find here tells you to head back to the Mansion.
Route 5: Another short Route. A shortcut without Fly from Town C-----Mansion.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Why nobody tell me the existence of this thread?
Okay, I really like the idea of Looker, this sprite can be useful:
detective-looker-by-fatefulsprites-1235955.png

(Indexed to 16 colors)
And we need a new graphic style, because I don't like a generic FR style, In a moments I'll share a scan with a tileset style.

And because nobody guess me, I can help with the sprites, maybe make a tiles, battle BGs and other gfx's.

OFFTOPIC: @Bill Cipher, why your sigpic reminds me New Bark Town?

PoK3Matr1x

A ROM Hackerino ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Unfortunately, I am currently unable to do ROM Hacking. I am unable to use a computer ATM, so I am using my Android tablet to send the message. I hereby resign from this year's Hack Off.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Unfortunately, I am currently unable to do ROM Hacking. I am unable to use a computer ATM, so I am using my Android tablet to send the message. I hereby resign from this year's Hack Off.

Awww, that sucks.

I'll still leave your name in the Team, just incase you can comeback.. c:

trenhoj

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
Hey, how's everything going?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Guys..... My dad said we aren't allowed on the laptop for a while because there's too much junk on it. I donmt know when I can get back on. I'll still get on PC using my phoen of course, but that means Imm basically stuck to storyline and resource finding. ;_; So no mapping or scripting for me.....

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
We'll still need a backsprite and ow for Looker, battle sprites for Croagunk, whatever the new tiles you wanted in Ruki, are we using new music?, we need to put the maps up in a spoiler once they are ready, and there needs to be a clear idea of what the crime is.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
First, what type of music we need? I can put my Kanto HGSS music, but I don't know if you wanna like them, And I wanna try to make the other sprites, maybe be ready tomorrow or the next monday.

I have a bunch of tilesets to use, what style we like use?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
While playing a game I don't usually care for the music or tiles, I just want to play, so I'll let you all decide on those. ^.^U
Great, looking forward to seeing the sprites!

Should there be a frontier like place? Just a random little thing by the boat port maybe for people who like the game and want some postgame?.......

Last edited:

trenhoj

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
Who ever can map, start now. I can't map or script because of my computer. I'm using my tablet to chat right now.

trenhoj

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
Alright. 13 days. At least 1 day for testing. That leaves 12 days for making.

Back