• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Ultimate End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
well, Ive gone further. it gets more manageable later, but the challenge is there and enjoyable. A pity you conldnt modify script characters' teams, its wierd having a boss half the level of everybody else nearby. but i am enjoying myself.

I did notice a glitch here with the red Gyarados; it regenreates. (ill send the image link in a few posts)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I did notice a glitch here with the red Gyarados; it regenreates. (ill send the image link in a few posts)
I know; sometimes when events are moved in the map they keep reappearing after they vanish :|
I'll try to fix that when I modify Route 43 as well.

Years
umm... I found another glitch, a minor one, but still a glitch. on the most northwestern part of the route above olivine, the psychic trainer over there has a sprite glitch when he walks to chalenge you.

PokemonCrystalUltimateEndTrainerwal.png

miksy91

Years
umm... I found another glitch, a minor one, but still a glitch. on the most northwestern part of the route above olivine, the psychic trainer over there has a sprite glitch when he walks to chalenge you.

PokemonCrystalUltimateEndTrainerwal.png
weird, I haven't noticed that even though I've played it with 100% speed :O
well that will be fixed as well later ;)

superstick93

Droplet Blue Creator
Years
hi i dont know what to do after ive downloaded the file its an .ips how do i get it to work on my vba emulator ?? :)

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
hi i dont know what to do after ive downloaded the file its an .ips how do i get it to work on my vba emulator ?? :)

Now that you have the .ips file, download a clean Pokémon Crystal ROM. (I can't tell you where, though) Then download a program called Lunar IPS.

When you have all these, open up the Lunar IPS program and pick Apply New Patch. It will ask you to locate the IPS file. Find it, and then click open. Then, Find the ROM and click open again. You should get a message saying, "File was successfully patched!" or something like that.

Finally, open the ROM in VBA, or whichever emulator you prefer to use.

Years
well, i managed to beat it, with a ragtag team with very few good moves.
PokemonCrystalUltimateEndfinalsc-1.png
and
PokemonCrystalUltimateEndfinalscore.png
hardly impressive, but hey, I beat it. (and yes, Know her real name isnt Kotone.)

curious, but when are you able to get the other straters in the game? it feels wierd to play GSC without a typhlosion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Whilst I'm sure that your hack will be entertaining and all that, the simple fact is, the idea isn't too original and changing Gym Leader types to what they don't usually have is even stranger.
Not to mention making CUT a Flyign Type move. Makes no sense.

You haven't even explained why these changes are being made...

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Whilst I'm sure that your hack will be entertaining and all that, the simple fact is, the idea isn't too original and changing Gym Leader types to what they don't usually have is even stranger.
Not to mention making CUT a Flyign Type move. Makes no sense.

You haven't even explained why these changes are being made...

The Idea? I assume you've never played a Miksy hack before, right? He's done a good variaty of them.

The gym leader type thing is done often in hacks. I like the changes. This isn't GSC as it was originally presented, you know...

And Cut being a Flying move makes it useful. It gives some pokemon extra coverage (Like a lot of Grass pokemon)

EDIT: This post get's Matt's MEW AWARD! (Post 151)

miksy91

Years
curious, but when are you able to get the other straters in the game? it feels wierd to play GSC without a typhlosion.
After you reach Cinnabar (after indigo plateau) you can surf west and find them there at lv5.
Also by searching a lot you might find superb starters there too ;)

And most of the attack changes for example are made because I think they fit better in the game that way.
Waterfall can be gotten in the beginning so it has to be weakened.
Also I just got in my mind that Cut should be super-effective to Grass-pokemon so I changed it to flying move. Only stupid thing about that is that it works well to Fighting-pokemon as well but I think that's not too bad.

Also it makes sense that Falkner uses fire-types because the gym is filled with walking and lava-tiles (although he talks about bird-pokemon anyway xD)

EDIT:
I uploaded v. 1.01 now
-Fixed the trainer bug above Olivine
-Route 43 is edited so that getting to Red Gyarados won't be so tricky

Also I'll start making the walkthrough now ;)

However Red Gyarados reappearing -bug isn't fixed :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
and
hardly impressive, but hey, I beat it. (and yes, Know her real name isnt Kotone.)
It took 103 hours to beat it? Wow, this seems like a pretty long and epic game. I'll try it soon.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
It took 103 hours to beat it? Wow, this seems like a pretty long and epic game. I'll try it soon.
103 hours / 4

as the emulator goes 4x speed, the game's time passed four times faster as well
so it's around 25 or so normal hours.

Harris59

Spriter
Years
103 hours / 4

but if you were to play it as a proper game it would be around 103hours, thats some good game time :) im sick of games that last 10hours MAX, i complete most PS3 games in 3-10hours lol but when it comes to pokemon its a bit more lengthy. and this game :O i love it, just started, not got very far tbh lol but its fun and so much better than the real pokemon games, i think they need to employ people who make hacks to help them make the games lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
103 hours / 4

Yeah, but just because you set your emulator to x4 speed doesn't mean that the entire world is speeding up by 4. Game Time is Game Time, so if you were to replicate exactly what you did on a GameBoy, it still would have taken you 103 hours.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
and

Wow. Ragtag team is right: Look, you even have a Gyarados! And since this is Gen2, he is completely inferior to Feraligatr! (Not kidding on this one, GSC Gyara was bad.)

Meh. I really should play this hack soon. Of course, I'd have to deal with the old, backbreaking "Which starter" decision. Ah well, I guess Bulba makes a good HM slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back