• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unfortunately you cannot catch everything. You're lucky you picked White though, as you'll get access to White Forest, which if you finish the game fast enough then you'll be able to access all the Pokemon there (each trainer is associated with finding a Pokemon in White Forest, within the forest). While you can trade for some things in-game through various trainers (such as trading for Cottonee early on in the game in Nacrene City) other things you can trade for aren't included in the Unova Dex. Another way you can find Unova Dex Pokemon is through evolving everything you find in each area, or alternatively asking for what you cannot get in the Quick Trade Thread. That p much includes version exclusives, really. You'll also need another game in order to get Landorus on your game, so keep that in mind or you can just trade for that too. As for completing the whole Pokedex, that'll really involve the same thing, and also going by swarms, too. As well as that, there's also trading back from older games (which involves having previous games such as Ruby/Sapphire, and so on.

Nevertheless, throwing this into Quick Questions in case others have stuff to add - and just in case you have more to ask. :) Use that in the future!

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Here are all of the Pokemon that you cannot catch in Pokemon White:

Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Murkrow
Honchkrow
Houndour
Houndoom
Shroomish
Breloom
Plusle
Volbeat
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Tornadus
Reshiram

All of the starters are extremely rare to catch as well. I can help you out if you need Pokemon, I have a lot of them and all of the starters.

Years
Hey I am new and I am trying to catch all the pokemon in white, any tips and ticks?

As Forever pointed out, if you need a Pokemon you can't get you can ask for it in the Quick Trade Thread in TC, which she linked you to. Don't use the GTS though since most people ask for illegal offers like "Level 9 and under Zekrom" and stuff.

You will need a second DS if you want to use Poke Transfer with 4th Gen games. Otherwise, there's other Pokemon you can find in swarms or White Forest (given you're playing White).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So yesterday I played my Pokemon White game, and the calendar was set to January 1 2013, and in the game it said that it was spring. Is this normal or there is something wrong? o.o

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
So yesterday I played my Pokemon White game, and the calendar was set to January 1 2013, and in the game it said that it was spring. Is this normal or there is something wrong? o.o
That's the way it's supposed to be.

Each season in the game corresponds with a calendar month. January is Spring. February will be Summer, March will be Autumn, April will be Winter, then May will be Spring again. And so on...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Why was the Battle Competition even Listed in the Menu of BW when It was Only ever used in B2W2?

It wasn't just used in B2W2. All tournaments use it. So if you went to VGC you'd have used the battle competition menu to battle in it.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
That's because you've missed every single official wifi and live tournament that was set up for BW. There is NO MORE for BW. All future official tournaments, wifi and live, will be on BW2. That feature was built in for those tournaments and will remain there for the rest of eternity.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That's the way it's supposed to be.

Each season in the game corresponds with a calendar month. January is Spring. February will be Summer, March will be Autumn, April will be Winter, then May will be Spring again. And so on...

Oh... so it doesn't follow the season from real life?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh... so it doesn't follow the season from real life?
Negative. The reason is because the seasons are different in different areas; in Australia, it's summer when it's winter in North America, for instance (right now). The other is because certain things happen in-game, meaning if you got to Dragonspiral Tower's area, you cannot access that dark grass (legally) for possibly up to nine months, or collect some items. This way, each season still gets three months, but it's like a three year cycle in the game.

Finally, to end the year (Dec. 31 that is), you get sparkly snow in Icirrus City.

Cyclone

Years
Cyclone is right, the seasons in B/W don't follow real-life seasons.

Spring is in January, May and September.
Summer is in February, June and October.
Autumn is in March, July and November.
And Winter is in April, August and December.

Each season has a four-month cycle as shown above, and some areas can only be accessed in certain seasons. It also affects the time such as the daytime lasts longer in summer but shorter in winter while in autumn and spring it follows the same clock as in the 4th Gen.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It also affects the time such as the daytime lasts longer in summer but shorter in winter while in autumn and spring it follows the same clock as in the 4th Gen.
I forgot to mention that. It also affects the Royal Unova, which is available normally from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (based on the DS clock), but this time gets shortened in the Winter cycle to 7 p.m. (still starting at 5), while the entire range shifts in the summer from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Note also that the ending time I mention is the first minute you cannot board, meaning you can embark up to 6:59, 7:59, 8:59 based on the season.

Cyclone

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh alright, I guess it does makes sense, having to wait until winter ends to catch a Pokemon seems to long and tedious x)

I thought something was wrong with my DS or my game. Saying it's spring in January, haha.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Does anybody know if you can enter Dragonspiral Tower before defeating the seventh gym in Icirrus City?

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Do Natures affect breeding? I've run into this several times where two Pokemon should be very compatible but, while they make an egg, it takes a while. I'm in this situation right now; I'm breeding a male Minomucchi (Burmy) with a female Kemusso (Wurmple). They're in the same egg group, yet the elderly man at the breeding house says they don't like each other a lot, and it takes a while for me to get an egg. All I can imagine is maybe their natures are incompatible.

EDIT: Their natures are Timid and Careful, respectively.

Last edited:
Years
Do Natures affect breeding? I've run into this several times where two Pokemon should be very compatible but, while they make an egg, it takes a while. I'm in this situation right now; I'm breeding a male Minomucchi (Burmy) with a female Kemusso (Wurmple). They're in the same egg group, yet the elderly man at the breeding house says they don't like each other a lot, and it takes a while for me to get an egg. All I can imagine is maybe their natures are incompatible.

No, it's the OT and ID Number that affects the likelihood of Pokemon making an egg.

An example is same species with the same OT/ID being more likely to produce an egg, while different species with the same OT/ID less likely to produce an egg.

Also, a Pokemon's egg groups affects the compatibility. More details on egg groups can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back