• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Merry Christmas, guys. :3

I have one question: If this creature appeared in an SU sheet of your RP, will you accept it, given that it has a passable explanation as to how it became like that? Or does it look too alienated? I'm just wondering because, while I do like Umbreon, its ears just... eh, not too cat-like. /Ihaveaweirdfondnessforcatsokay
I can take anything negative that you have to say, but please be gentle. Thank you.

I think it depends on the type of RP and on the GM. If customized pokémon fit the theme or if the GM isn't imagining a too strict version of the pokémon universe, it might be ok.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think this has been asked many times before, but what do you guys think of statistics in RPs? Are they way too complicated, and you'd probably prefer the traditional standard RP posts?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think this has been asked many times before, but what do you guys think of statistics in RPs? Are they way too complicated, and you'd probably prefer the traditional standard RP posts?

I prefer no statistics. I'd rather want the GM to let reliable RPers in and use imagination with moderation :D

But statistics (and levels in pokémon, for instance) can be a nice way of adding challenge and a sense of progression through the RP.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I like stats, it makes the RP feel more akin to Table-top RPGs, and that's something I oft look for in RPs (only because it's so rare.)

Really, this is the only place I can get close to such an experience, so I'd like to see RPs with them. Not that I want them in most RPs, of course, but having them in some would be nice.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
(lurks back in) >>; <<;

Got any (good) RPs that need players? o-o;

Pokémon Fallout can always use more active players (and Yellow just blew up Eterna City), and Hoenn RéBURST will likely be freeing up way too many spots in the next few days.

Then again, that's just a shameless plug, but please don't ignore me because of that.

Years
My new RP Aeterna (The original, Final Fantasy styled of RP I discussed earlier) is up and I thought I'd post in here and see if any of you guys would like to sign-up.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I prefer no statistics. I'd rather want the GM to let reliable RPers in and use imagination with moderation :D

Well there go my thoughts on the matter. :P Unfortunately, when statistics are used as progression more often than not statistics become points and competition becomes a thing--A bigger thing than it needs to be, that is. (Unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.) If it's hard to get these points and/or there's no cap, they have value, and with value, comes the competition. If it's too easy to get the points, then they effectively don't have value, but there's that means they really have a hard time marking progression unless the RPer themself imposes limits on themselves.

I tend to go with the latter because if I slip into the competitive mindset it drains the life out of me extremely fast, leaving continued RPing a chore devoid of any value beyond ego points nobody but myself will respect anyway.

@TornZero: I prefer the phrasing "Yellow magically poofed the city into an 'It's occupants graves'."

But yeah, as there is no set goal in Fallout the RPer is free to define a set goal and then work towards it. If it happens to resolve the plot in some way for better or worse the roleplay ends. Anybody could have destroyed that city.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
DO YOU LIKE THE SIMPLER DAYS OF THE MIDDLE AGES? DO YOU LIKE ORIGINAL WORLDS? DO YOU LIKE EPIC STORYLINES? DO YOU LIKE SUPERVEGETA? DO YOU LIKE OBSCURE REFERENCES?

Then I have the role-play for you!

JOIN AERION!

Aerion is an epic medieval fantasy RP set in an original world! You join one of two sides in an epic confrontation that will determine the fate of the world! It will be fun! It will be epic! It will your test your writing mettle! You should join!

And it costs you only all your money to join. Okay. I lied. It's free.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
^
|_ this looks awesome! But… I'll be declined before I finished my SU xD

I think Supervegeta's RP's are for the more skilled RPers :3 no offense ^^ it's a compliment actually

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
^
|_ this looks awesome! But… I'll be declined before I finished my SU xD

I think Supervegeta's RP's are for the more skilled RPers :3 no offense ^^ it's a compliment actually

Yeah but no, Supervegeta loves noobs because they make him feel like he's actually a good RPer in comparison. :D

I think you should definitely try to join if you feel like it. RPs here should be open to all ;)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
DO YOU LIKE THE SIMPLER DAYS OF THE MIDDLE AGES? DO YOU LIKE ORIGINAL WORLDS? DO YOU LIKE EPIC STORYLINES? DO YOU LIKE SUPERVEGETA? DO YOU LIKE OBSCURE REFERENCES?

Then I have the role-play for you!

JOIN AERION!

Aerion is an epic medieval fantasy RP set in an original world! You join one of two sides in an epic confrontation that will determine the fate of the world! It will be fun! It will be epic! It will your test your writing mettle! You should join!

And it costs you only all your money to join. Okay. I lied. It's free.

My name is Supervegeta, and I approve this message.

And RHCP is correct. Mostly We will never deny someone outright for trying to join. Rather, we welcome all RPers, and decisions will be made based on the SU and possible RP Sample should we choose to ask for one. All RPs are open to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back