The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Update #4: Red - Ruby
Finished this a little while ago, but never got around to updating, so I'm a little rusty on the details. 3rd gen games are never too difficult, though it is quite a pain if you've still got some training up to do before the Elite Four. My team was balanced enough to get through the League fairly quick, so I'm definitely not done with mono colors.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Jack the Bashful Blaziken (M) @ Lv.51
Ability: Blaze
Item: King's Rock
Bulk Up, Slash, Rock Smash, Blaze Kick

Volcano the Timid Camerupt (M) @ Lv.50
Ability: Magma Armor
Item: Soft Sand
Strength, Rock Slide, Eruption, Earthquake

Corona the Bold Solrock (/) @ Lv.50
Ability: Levitate
Overheat, Calm Mind, Psychic, Rock Slide

Sebastian the Lonely Crawdaunt (M) @ Lv.51
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Aerial Ace, Surf, Ice Beam, Knock Off

Nitro the Timid Electrode (/) @ Lv.51
Ability: Static
Swift, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Rollout

Ron the Quiet Medicham (M) @ Lv.51
Ability: Pure Power
Confusion, Hi Jump Kick, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Cleo the Brave Goldeen (F) @ Lv.30
Ability: Swift Swim
Peck, Horn Attack, Surf, Supersonic
MT - Normal - X
Random Pokémon - Heart Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Steel (Platinum)
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Guess I can throw in another round.

Platinum Blue Mono-Color, Update #3

Spoiler:
After beating Fantina, I went to Route 209 and took on Barry. Mane’s health was knocked low early but I still beat him without any worries. I then took on Route 209 which had a few annoying trainers but none overly difficult, and arrived in Solaceon Town. I grabbed some Dusk Balls and went to the Wayward Cave, where I caught a Gible named Margarita and got TM26 for Earthquake.

I got the HM for Defog from the Solaceon Ruins, then went up to Route 210 and beat the trainers there and on Route 215, not the most pleasant time (including the two Ace Trainers at the end, who weren’t as bad as I thought). I arrived in Solaceon Town and bought some stuff, and met Lucas and Crasher Wake outside of the Gym. Then there were the trainers on Route 214, some of which were a hassle. I also kept Margarita from evolving until Level 27, because then she would learn Dragon Claw six levels earlier than if I had evolved her right away. I beat the Gym trainers, then took on Maylene, while my four main members were Level 28.

Meditite started with Fake Out against Flipper for 1/5 my health, and my BubbleBeam did more than half but her Rock Tomb lowered my speed. Drain Punch healed her reasonably high up, but activated Torrent, so I was able to finish her with another BubbleBeam. Lucario was next and wasted no time in finishing Flipper off. I went into Margarita, and her Drain Punch did a little less than half to me while my Earthquake was VERY close to an OHKO. I switched into Gorath, got off Intimidate and ate her Force Palm up but was paralyzed. She used it again and I got fully paralyzed, but after another hit next turn I hit with Dragon Rage and still had 2/3 my health left. Machoke was last, and she used Focus Energy while my Return did around 1/3. She used Strength and left me with over 1/3 while another Return got her near the same. After another hit of Strength, I lived and killed her with Dragon Rage for the win.

So I got the Cobble Badge and TM60 for Drain Punch, then helped Lucas get his Pokédex back from Team Galactic before picking up HM02 for Fly. I went to the Valor Lakefront and beat some trainers - after getting the last duo in the restaurant beaten Mane evolved into Luxray. After wading through a few more trainers I arrived in Pastoria City.

The team:

Spoiler:
(M) ”Flipper”, Level 30
Nature: Docile
Moves: BubbleBeam, Grass Knot, Metal Claw, Peck

(M) “Mane”, Level 30
Nature: Naive
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Bite, Charge, Spark, Thunder

(M) "Gorath", Level 29
Nature: Careful
Moves: Bite, Dragon Rage, Return, Tackle

(F) "Margarita", Level 29
Nature: Bashful
Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Earthquake, Slash

(M) "Mattermind", Level 20 (not really using this, mostly just death fodder)
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Bide, Detect, Meditate, Rock Smash

Think that's sufficient enough for the time being.
Old November 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Update on Ultimate Purple Monocolor Challenge.

Update #3 on HeartGold.

• Went down to Olivine City and grabbed the Good Rod.
  • Used it to go fishing for my next team member, and while I was doing that, Flailer evolved into Granbull!
  • Finally, I fished up and caught Amethyst the Staryu!
  • Taught Ametyst Surf and scaled the Lighthouse as well as explored the rest of Union Cave.
  • Surfed over to Cianwood City and defeated Eusine without much trouble and had the same experience with Chuck.
  • Moved to Mahogany Town, and got a call from the Water Stone guy on the Pokégear, so I evolved Amethyst into Starmie.
  • Went back to Olivine City to heal Amphy, then used Amethyst to beat Jasmine.
  • Made my way to the Lake of Rage and beat Gyarados, then infiltrated the Rocket Hideout with Lance.
  • While I was in there, Walda evolved into Forretress!
  • Defeated Petrel and Ariana easily to clear out the Hideout, then took on the Mahogony Gym.
  • Pryce wasn't too difficult, although he did get a couple critical hit Blizzards on me with Piloswine.
  • The Team Rocket Radio Takeover occurred, so I went to stop them, defeating all the executives and my rival along the way.
  • Went through Ice Path to Blackthorn City, and after beating all the trainers on the Mountain Path, I evolved Shiver into Gengar!
  • Took on the gym, and Clair was tough since I am underleveled now, but I eventually won.
  • Aced the test in the Dragon's Den, then went to Ecruteak City to fight the Kimono Girls, who are proving to be difficult.
  • I am saved in the Ecruteak Dance Theater.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Violet:

Amethyst the Bashful Starmie - L37 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Whirlpool

Sphynx the Timid Espeon, ♂ - L36 @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psybeam, Swift, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fighting)

Flailer the Brave Granbull, ♂ - L38 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Quick Feet
Moves: Bite, Dig, Strength, Thunder Fang

Walda the Sassy Forretress, ♀ - L37 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Bug Bite, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Payback

Vexi the Adamant Crobat, ♀ - L37 @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Bite, Fly, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray

Shiver the Mild Gengar, ♀ - L36 @ Magnet
Moves: Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old November 9th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Back so soon? Yes I am.

Platinum Blue Mono-Color, Update #4

Spoiler:
After arriving in Pastoria, I went back to Route 213 and (after only well over five minutes for a 20% chance) caught a Wingull to use for Fly. I then waded through Route 212 and beat all the trainers there to get some EXP, most of them weren’t that hard. I then went and slathered honey on every tree I could, and was lucky enough to find a Heracross on Route 208. I caught one (after a while of wading through ones with Swarm) and named it Stagger. Then I took on Barry outside of the Gym, he was pretty tricky but mostly because I wanted to get Stagger some EXP. I did the same against the trainers in the Gym, but they weren’t anywhere near as hard. Then I got Gorath to Level 32 so he would learn Ice Fang.

After that I took on Crasher Wake himself! I started with Stagger against Gyarados and switched into Mattermind as death fodder to a Waterfall just so I wouldn’t have to put up with Intimidate. I missed with Thunder and took over 1/3 with Waterfall but hit next turn. Quagsire came afterward and I switched to Flipper. He used Mud Shot which only did 1/4. He used Yawn and Grass Knot came just short of an OHKO, but he healed and I OHKO’ed him next turn before falling asleep. Floatzel was last. I switched into Gorath to get off Intimidate before he used Crunch for 1/5. Then he used Crunch and had a critical hit AND defense drop (not that the latter mattered) as I used Return for an effective 1/4 after his Sitrus Berry. But he used Aqua Jet and I lived with 1 HP, allowing me to knock him to around 30% with Return before he killed me. I went to Margarita, but was OHKO’ed with Ice Fang without a critical hit, even after -1. Mane was last and got another Intimidate. He used Brine, but I lived and killed him with Spark for the win.

So I got the Fen Badge and TM55 for Brine, then an explosion occurred at the Great Marsh. I followed the grunt out of the way, beat him and met with Cynthia, who gave me the SecretPotion. I beat all the trainers on upper Route 210. Then I arrived in Celestic Town! I beat the grunt and gave the Old Charm to Cynthia’s grandmother. In the ruins, I took on Cyrus, who wasn’t too difficult because I had coverage. Then I got HM03 for Surf before meeting with Cynthia once more.

I beat the trainers on eastern Route 211, then went from Route 218 to Canalave City and took on Barry, who was decently tough. Afterwards I pulled out my Eevee that I had sitting in the box to ready it for evolving into Glaceon, then went to Iron Island and beat all the trainers there, getting it some EXP with the Exp. Share along the way. And Flipper evolved into Empoleon.

Afterwards, it was Gym Leader time. I led with Flipper because I thought he started with Steelix…but instead he had Magneton. I couldn’t switch out because of Magnet Pull, so I stayed in and did over half with Surf as he only used Metal Sound, so I beat him next turn. Steelix was next and promptly OHKO’ed. Bastiodon came after, and my Surf did over half but his Sitrus Berry bumped him up…before he missed with Stone Edge and then I killed him with another Surf, winning me the fight.

With that I got the Mine Badge and TM91 for Flash Cannon. After leaving the Gym, I was dragged to the library by Barry, where we were told the story of the lakes of Sinnoh before an earthquake ensued. So I took it to Lake Valor and got Team Galactic out of there. Saturn wasn’t too tough at all. I flew from there to Sandgem Town and went over to Lake Verity, where I beat Mars in a slightly annoying fight but not drastically hard. From there, I went back to Celestic Town to ready myself to go through the snow.

The team:

Spoiler:
(M) ”Flipper”, Level 36
Moves: BubbleBeam, Grass Knot, Metal Claw, Surf

(M) “Mane”, Level 36
Moves: Bite, Charge, Spark, Thunder

(M) "Gorath", Level 36
Moves: Aqua Tail, Bite, Ice Fang, Return

(F) "Margarita", Level 35
Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Earthquake, Slash

(F) "Stagger", Level 36
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Guts
Moves: Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Horn Attack, Leer

(M) (not nicknamed yet, but will be evolving into Glaceon)
Nature: Timid
Moves: Growl, Helping Hand, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack

Going through this at a rather nice pace, should have this done next week I hope.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 12:57 PM
OliveCopper
Captain of Olive Kappa

Sorry I'm late, I was a bit too busy, but I'll get back to my Mono-Color Challenge after a while. Until then, PURGE KYUREM!!!!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 01:16 PM
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Now that someone else has posted, I can get in the next part.

Platinum Blue Mono-Color, Update #5

Spoiler:
Once I got through Mt. Coronet and was on Route 216, I avoided as many trainers as I could because at that moment I just wanted to get to the icy rock on Route 217 to get Eevee to evolve into Glaceon, which I did before making way to Snowpoint City. After I was done there I backtracked to a few areas like the Fuego Ironworks to get some EXP from the trainers, then beat those on the snowy routes. Once my team was all Level 38, I entered the Gym. I got through all the trainers then it was Gym Leader time!

Sneasel was up first and I started with Mane, who got off Intimidate. She used Faint Attack for less than 1/4 while I used Charge, then she used it again before a Magnet boosted Spark was an OHKO.
Piloswine came after. I switched over to Gorath and got off Intimidate, eating her Earthquake before Aqua Tail came just short of an OHKO, then her Avalanche did less than half. She healed, but I used Bite and then killed her with another Aqua Tail.
Abomasnow was next, and that set up hail with Snow Warning. I switched in Mane again, got off Intimidate then was killed with a critical hit Wood Hammer, but that was fine because I was using him as death fodder anyway. I went for Stagger and slammed her into next week with Close Combat.
Froslass was last up. I decided to let Stagger stay in, and she used Double Team but I had Aerial Ace to do around 1/4. I barely lived her Blizzard, and got in another Aerial Ace but the Sitrus Berry restored health then she killed me with one more Blizzard. I went for Flipper, taking her Shadow Ball for 1/6 but missing with Flash Cannon. She used Double Team and I missed again, then another hit of Shadow Ball followed by another miss. She hit next turn, but I got in Flash Cannon on the fourth hit, killing her and winning me the fight.

Then I went to Lake Acuity and watched Barry get beat by Jupiter, then flew over to Veilstone (after dropping some HMs) and went through the Galactic Warehouse to get the Galactic Key. I waded through more grunts and got to Cyrus, who I beat rather easily. I then took on Saturn, who was annoying, and freed the Pokémon of the lake. After training my entire team to Level 42, I began to climb Mt. Coronet. I beat a marathon of Team Galactic grunts and reached the Spear Pillar, where Barry and I took on Mars and Jupiter. They sure did put up a fight! Cyrus then used the Red Chain to awaken Dialga and Palkia but was taken aback by the lake trio, which caused Giratina to appear and summon the Distortion World. Cynthia showed up and we gave chase!

After some scrambling about and helping the Lake Trio, we reached him, and it was time for one final battle with him!

Houndoom was first, and he used Will-o-Wisp on Gorath but I had a Rawst Berry prepared for that, so I OHKO’ed him with Aqua Tail.
His own Gyarados was next, and I switched in Margarita as death fodder to an Ice Fang. I went for Mane, got the Intimidate, and slammed him with Spark.
Weavile came after, and I switched for Flipper, eating his Fake Out like nothing. I got the Quick Claw, but that didn’t matter as Flash Cannon only did around 2/3 his health and the Sitrus Berry knocked it up before he hit with Night Slash. I survived another hit with over half then beat him to the punch.
Then we came to Honchkrow. I switched to Gorath and got off Intimidate, avoiding his Heat Wave before my Ice Fang did less than half, and his Drill Peck did less than that too. I used Aqua Tail and got him short of a kill, before I had 2/7 my health after a Night Slash. I switched to Blistering as he healed, then OHKO’ed him with Ice Beam.
Crobat was last, and he used Cross Poison for less than 1/3 before I OHKO’ed him with a Choice Specs boosted Ice Beam.

So Cyrus raged before Cynthia healed me up, and that brought us to Giratina. I went in with Flipper, who I gave the Choice Specs, and Giratina used Ominous Wind, which got not only a critical hit for 2/7 my health… BUT GOT THE BOOST ON THE VERY FIRST TURN FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT TIME THAT I HAVE PLAYED THIS FRIGGIN’ GAME!!!!!!! THANKFULLY (and I do mean that), I got a critical hit Ice Beam with the first hit, OHKO’ing it. Good riddance. Cyrus rambled more before leaving, and we were brought to the Sendoff Spring. Afterwards I went back to Sandgem Town where Professor Rowan was, and he and Lucas told me to go to Sunyshore City. Which i’ll do next time!

The team:

Spoiler:
(M) ”Flipper”, Level 43
Moves: Flash Cannon, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Surf

(M) “Mane”, Level 43
Moves: Charge, Crunch, Spark, Thunder

(M) "Gorath", Level 42
Moves: Aqua Tail, Bite, Ice Fang, Return

(F) "Margarita", Level 42
Moves: Dig, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Climb

(F) "Stagger", Level 43
Moves: Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Close Combat, Strength

(M) “Blistering”, Level 43
Moves: Growl, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Sand-Attack

Next update will be the last one.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:10 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Update on Ultimate Purple Monocolor Challenge.

Update #4 on HeartGold.

• Finally beat the Kimono Girls, then scaled Bell Tower to take down Ho-oh.
  • Made my way through Tohjo Falls to Victory Road, where I beat Silver without much trouble.
  • After getting a couple TMS and editing my team's moves a little, I took on the Elite Four with my underleveled team.
  • Will was easy with Shiver's Shadow Ball.
  • Koga was a little more difficult and needed some teamwork to defeat.
  • Bruno was tougher than I thought, his Machamp (damn No Guard) was a major pain to take down.
  • Karen's Houndoom was very hard as well, as most of my team is weak to Dark, but I was able to squeak by.
  • Finally Lance was left, and he took several tries. I had to rely on some misses to win, but I finally took him down.
  • I am saved at home, Kanto is next.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Elite Four:

Champion Lance:

Hall of Fame:

Team Violet:

Shiver the Mild Gengar, ♀ - L43 @ Magnet
Moves: Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast
Johto co-MVP, Elite Four MVP

Amethyst the Bashful Starmie - L41 @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Light Screen
Lance MVP

Flailer the Brave Granbull, ♂ - L42 @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quick Feet
Moves: Bite, Earthquake, Thunder Fang, Return

Walda the Sassy Forretress, ♀ - L40 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Bug Bite, Rock Tomb, Payback, Strength

Vexi the Adamant Crobat, ♀ - L41 @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Bite, Fly, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray
Johto co-MVP

Sphynx the Timid Espeon, ♂ - L41 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fighting), Reflect

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:37 PM
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Yay, now I can finish this! I actually finished this on the 18th, but couldn’t post because I was waiting for a while for someone to bump. Regardless, here.

Platinum Blue Mono-Color - Update #6, Final Update

Spoiler:
After defeating Cyrus and Giratina and saving the world, I went over to Route 222, where I beat some Fishermen with annoying Gyarados. Then I arrived in Sunyshore City, was directed to the lighthouse and found Volkner there. Going through the Gym, I beat all the trainers and made my way to the Gym Leader.

Jolteon was first, and I began with Margarita. I ate his Iron Tail for over 1/4 before Earthquake was an OHKO.
Luxray was next, and I had to get crafty since this one had Ice Fang. I switched to Blistering, and he did indeed use Ice Fang, which I took like a champ. My (Icicle Plate boosted) Ice Beam did over half, but he went for Fire Fang and brought me around 1/4 HP. One more Ice Beam finished him.
Raichu came after, and he used Focus Blast but missed, allowing me to get off Icy Wind and hit him for a nice amount and lower his Speed. Ice Beam didn’t finish him, but he used Focus Blast and missed again, wow. He healed, but thanks to the lowered Speed, Ice Beam was a 2HKO.
Electivire was last and finished that off with Fire Punch. I went into Gorath to get off Intimidate (and the Amulet Coin), then switched to Margarita and ate his ThunderPunch. He used Quick Attack, and that only did 1/7 my health before Earthquake OHKO’ed for the win.

So after Volkner lied that that was the most fun he’s had battling in a long time, I got the Beacon Badge and TM57 for Charge Beam, then went on the beach where I met Jasmine and Barry, and got HM07 for Waterfall. I went up Route 223 and beat most of the swimmers there, getting my team to Level 45 before entering the Pokémon League. I went through Victory Road, going through all the trainers, the hardest being the last Veteran with a disaster of a Porygon-Z that did massive damage and was faster than most of my team. I reached the league castle, with my entire team being Level 46/47.

After healing up, I took on Barry. Staraptor was OHKO’ed by Mane’s Thunder, Torterra with Blistering’s Ice Beam, Rapidash with Flipper’s Surf, Heracross with a critical hit Waterfall from Gorath, Snorlax with some Waterfalls followed by Stagger’s Brick Break, then Floatzel with Close Combat.

With him defeated, all I had remaining to do was train my team up. Flipper was probably the easiest to get out of the way since there were Steel-types in Victory Road to easily KO. I got Stagger out of the way after, then Blistering and Mane followed suit. Once I was done with those four, I then used my 12 Rare Candies to get both Gorath and Margarita - and with that, my entire team - to Level 55, and Margarita became a Garchomp. After all my preparations were done, I went back to the Pokémon League!

Aaron was first, and he began with Yanmega, in which I went with Blistering. He started with Double Team, and I missed with Ice Beam. But he then used U-turn and went to Scizor, who actually took almost half from Ice Beam. But regardless I went to Flipper, ate his Iron Head like nothing, then set up Stealth Rock as he used X-Scissor for not much either. I had 4/5 my health before I killed him with (Wave Incense boosted) Surf.
Heracross came after, and I switched to Gorath to get off Intimidate as he used Close Combat, which I took pretty easily. After Stealth Rock damage, a Defense drop and the Mystic Water, Waterfall finished him.
Vespiquen came next, taking half its health from Stealth Rock. I went over to Mane, got off Intimidate and he used Heal Order. I used Charge as he went for Attack Order for less than 1/5. Spark busted him in one hit.
Drapion came next, and I went over to Margarita, taking his Cross Poison for pathetic damage before Earthquake killed him.
Last was Yanmega again, who took Stealth Rock damage before being torn a new one with Rock Slide for the win.

Bertha came afterwards. I decided to go with Stagger to begin against Whiscash. I started with Brick Break, which did JUST over half, as she went for Sandstorm. Another Brick Break killed her.
Gliscor came afterwards, and I switched over to Blistering for that, unfortunately right into Fire Fang, which did less than 1/3 but the sandstorm made that more. She used Earthquake, but I lived and hit through Sand Veil, OHKO’ing with Ice Beam. Then I had less than 1/3 my health left.
Golem was next, and I stayed in to slam her with another Ice Beam before the sandstorm subsided.
Rhyperior came afterwards, and I switched in to Flipper, but she used Earthquake, which I was hoping she wouldn’t, and it was an OHKO. I switched in Gorath, who got off Intimidate before I used Waterfall, which OHKO’ed her thanks to the Mystic Water.
Hippowdon was last, and it summoned a sandstorm with Sand Stream. I used Dragon Dance before she got in Yawn, but Waterfall was an OHKO for the win.

Flint came afterwards. I started with Flipper against Houndoom, and he unfortunately started with Sunny Day, so my Choice Specs Surf came short of an OHKO. He wasted a Full Restore, though, so I went into Mane and took 2/3 from Flamethrower, but killed him with Spark.
He wasted no time in going into Infernape and killing me with Earthquake before the sunlight faded. I switched in Gorath and got off Intimidate, but he had ThunderPunch, which did JUST under half before OHKO’ing him with Waterfall, with a critical hit which I doubt I needed.
Magmortar came after, and he was faster and killed me with Thunderbolt. I went to Flipper again, and he used Thunderbolt, which came just short of knocking me into Torrent range, but Surf was still an OHKO.
Flareon came next and was promptly slammed by Surf.
Rapidash was last, and I switched to Margarita to eat his Flare Blitz, which hit for just under 1/5 before I beat him with Earthquake for the win.

Then we got to Lucian, ho boy. Against his leading Mr. Mime, I began with Stagger. I was thankfully faster and hit with Megahorn, OHKO’ing him.
Espeon came after, and I went to Flipper, taking 1/6 from Psychic. He used it again before I went for Surf, doing well over half. One more Psychic then I killed him.
Gallade came after, and I switched to Mane and got off Intimidate before he used Drain Punch for still over 1/4 without a critical. I used Spark, and did over half before his Sitrus Berry came in and healed him, then he used Psycho Cut. I used Spark again and paralyzed him, but he used Psycho Cut and left me with 1/10 HP. He healed, but Spark OHKO’ed him with a critical hit.
Bronzong came after, and I used Spark which hit for a decent amount, then he used GYRO BALL which I lived with 1 HP. I used Spark again and got him into the red before he killed me. I went for Stagger again, and sure enough he healed. But I hit with Megahorn for well over half, and hit with it next turn to kill him.
Alakazam was last, and I lived his Psychic with 2 HP (!!) before OHKO’ing him with Megahorn for the win.

After checking over my team one last time, I went in for the Champion, Cynthia!
Spiritomb was first, in which I began with Flipper. I used Surf, which was a 2HKO while her Dark Pulse got a critical hit and still only did just over 1/4.
Garchomp came next, and I switched into Gorath to get off the Intimidate and eat up her Earthquake. She then missed with Dragon Rush before I used Dragon Dance, then OHKO’ed her with a +1 NeverMeltIce boosted Ice Fang.
Togekiss came after, and I switched into Mane, eating her Shock Wave like a champ. I used Charge before she used Aura Sphere, and I still had just under 2/3 my health left. Spark was an OHKO.
Lucario came after, and I went over to Stagger, taking less than half before OHKO’ing her with Close Combat.
Milotic followed that, and I used Megahorn for over half, but her Surf unfortunately finished me off. Darn, it would’ve been awesome to do this without losing anyone! Nevertheless, Mane killed her with Spark.
Roserade was last, and I stayed in because I didn’t want to switch in Blistering only to take more than half. She came short of killing me with Energy Ball, my Crunch did less than half, she killed me and then I went to Blistering, who took over half from Sludge Bomb, but finished her with Ice Beam, winning me the battle.
That was actually not as hard as I was prepared for; I tried to give my team good chances to fight and that worked pretty well, and I still managed to win without too much trouble. Granted she did miss with Dragon Rush (although admittedly I don't think that mattered too much given Intimidate), and my team was admittedly very strong but given my levels I anticipated more than I was dealt.

That said, Cynthia and Professor Rowan went into the Hall of Fame with me, where my team was inducted as Champions!

The final team:

Spoiler:
(M) ”Flipper”, Level 56
Item: Choice Specs
Moves: Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, Surf

(M) “Mane”, Level 56
Item: Magnet
Moves: Charge, Crunch, Spark, Thunder

(M) "Gorath", Level 56
Item: NeverMeltIce
Moves: Bite, Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Waterfall

(F) "Margarita", Level 55
Item: Soft Sand
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Swords Dance

(F) "Stagger", Level 55
Item: Wide Lens
Moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Megahorn, Stone Edge

(M) “Blistering”, Level 55
Item: Icicle Plate
Moves: Growl, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Sand-Attack

Final playing time: 29:25 - Had around 23 1/2 hours after Barry. I’d say around four hours went into final training. Then there was some preparing I did, and then the league. Not as long as I thought it would be, but still decently lengthy.

And that leaves two out of six regions (Kalos and Sinnoh) knocked off for this one! Also, I MIGHT be changing my Hoenn game from Sapphire to Alpha Sapphire, maybe not (i'm two badges into Sapphire but did that over a month ago), but we'll see.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:01 PM
OliveCopper
Captain of Olive Kappa

Another mission complete. Good luck in Hoenn.

Sorry about my lack of updates, I have been slacking off. If you excuse me, I got a Kyurem to purge. Good luck!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links