• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Attack Animations for RMXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
UPDATED!!
Contribution time!
I've looked and looked, but unfortunately, Pokemon attack animations ready to plug into RMXP remain nearly impossible to find, and I'm sure most of you are tired of seeing that same old tackle animation when you go to use cut...
So, I ran across some ripped animations over at spriter's resource ripped by user name "KLNOTHINCOMIN". They were impossible to use with RMXP, of course, but I grew tired of looking and wanted to make my game pretty. So, I whipped up a method of fixing these things up, and cook a fresh batch of
a few (about 20 or so) D/P/pt/Hg/SS/B/W animations, fully compatible with RMXP.

If used, give credit to me. Also, give credit to the ripper, KLNOTHINCOMIN.

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems, because I've yet to test most of these due to not having any of the sound files for the moves. If anyone can get these, let me know so we can post them here!

Also, if you have rips other than what you can get on spriter's resource, please send them to me and I'll cook them into RMXP form. And, I will have more animations soon, but I will be posting them on my game's thread in the downloads section, so check there every once and a while.

View attachment 63049

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Thank you very much, these are great!
Do you have an updated Animations.rxdata too?

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Thank you very much, these are great!
Do you have an updated Animations.rxdata too?

Thanks! At the moment, I've only worked on the image files, and am unable to make all of the animations in the editor, mainly because I just don't have the sound files to each attack. I won't be able to make most moves in the editor because they require syncing with the sound, like Dragon Claw when the first set of claws begin slashing, I need to know which frame the sound file for Dragon Claw will begin the slashing portion. If you know anyone that can get me these sound files, please let me know, and I'll upload the animations and the data file with all of them completely done in RMXP.
By the way, thanks for your BW resource pack thread. I downloaded the pack, and there are very useful things in there that I will probably use. Credit will be given!

Riansky

Purr
Years
Thanks man, those looks great. I hope you'll be making more of those because move animations are really hard to find.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Thanks man, those looks great. I hope you'll be making more of those because move animations are really hard to find.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've just added an update. The pack now includes more attack animations along with the attack animations from the previous pack. If anyone has anymore ripped animations from GEN. 4 and GEN. 5 games they would like me to make RMXP compatable, let me know.

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 27, 2016
These look pretty sweet :) I like em. I will probably end up using some, and definitely give credit :) If I happen to find anything, I'll give you them, too :D

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
A project completion status bar in the OP might be nice to see... just saying :)

Thanks for this though, I appreciate seeing something like this surface in the community

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
A project completion status bar in the OP might be nice to see... just saying :)

Thanks for this though, I appreciate seeing something like this surface in the community

Thanks! I don't really see the need for a project completion bar now, since I have only a few rips of animations to make compatible, and most of them have already been RMXP'alized and are available for download in the first post. The only ones a have left involve a background, like the one below:

Spacial-Rend.png

Anybody have a clue how to incorporate backgrounds in the animation rip above for spacial rend?
Also, I need more rips, the project will ultimately come to an end unless I have these soon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Thank you so much friend :)
But this not enough for me, beacuse Pokemon Move is too much
So, can you add this Move animation?? :)

Sorry if my english fail

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Oh, thank goodness for these! I'll be giving credit, and they'll be useful for my fangame!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
While there isn't a necroposting limit in this section, please be reasonable about which threads you post in. This thread is a year and a half old, and been practically dead since shortly after it was made, and is unlikely to be revived.

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
I can help too !
I started to rip Fire fang from BW it will take a while btw how big is it to use in paint ?

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Thanks guys! But this is old, while really useful during the early days of the All Animations Project. The resources still work though, and if anyone else wants to contribute more resources can, but it is preferred you make the animations and head over to the All Animations Project community contribution wiki.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2016
Man, i'm new in pokecommunity and i don't know how to download this. I have clicked in PKMNmasterAnimations.zip but what appears is a 1x1 GIF, please help me

Years
can't download :[

Man, i'm new in pokecommunity and i don't know how to download this. I have clicked in PKMNmasterAnimations.zip but what appears is a 1x1 GIF, please help me

Thread is over 4 years old. However, this particular case is...

PokeCommunity was hacked a few months ago. When the hacker was thrown off the horse, so to speak, we lost all of our download links. Most of the active people updated their download links almost instantly, but the inactive people, obviously, didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back