• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First ever RMT

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
Ok so yeah I'm new to the whole competitive battling aspect of pokemon. I understand EVs, natures, etc. and I've watched some videos of Wi Fi battles, so I have a general understanding, but not fully developed yet :)

So I haven't decided on a lead, so theses guys are in no particular order.

Haxorus @choice band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
EV: 4HP/252attack/252speed
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
X-Scissor/Outrage (undecided)
Brick Break

I really enjoy this guy. His very fragile I've discovered, but I love the attack power he's got

Scizor @undecided (choice scarf/band or life orb)
Ability: Technician
EV: 248HP/252attack/8speed
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
U-Turn
Iron Head

Yeah haven't begun EV training him, so don't really know what he can do. But looks good I think

Chandelure @choice specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EV: 4HP/252specattack/252speed
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Will o Wisp

Again, like Haxorus, very frail. But the immunity to fire via flash fire is nice as most of my team is fire weak

Cloyster @scope lens currently (playing to the crithax)
Ability: Skill Link
EV: 120HP/252attack/4def/132speed
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Ice Shard
Razor Shell

I love skill link+icicle spear. I'm pretty sure it hits harder than a STAB Blizzard. Plus like I said, crithax helps, but it's gimmicky and I would enjoy a replacement to that.

Skarmory @leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EV: 252HP/252def/4specD
Whirlwind
Spikes
Brave Bird
?????

Thinking about this as a lead, lay down spikes then just whirlwind around. Untested so far

Clefable @leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Careful
EV: 252HP/44def/212specD
Toxic
Protect
Ice Beam
Moonlight

Yeah my friends laughed at me when I said I was gonna do this. But at least in the Battle Subway/battles against them it has been a tank. Just toxic then protect moonlight protect moonlight etc.

Ok well that's it. All help is welcome, please and thank you! I've only ev trained Haxorus, Cloyster, Chandelure, and Clefable so far. So I know what they can do. But if something is better to replace them let me know!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I'll help you finish your pokemon and offer sets and stuff that tend to work best:

On your CBHaxorus, I suggest choosing the moves of Outrage, Dragon Claw or Dual Chop, Earthquake, and Rock Slide or Brick Break (Brick Break allows you to hit Ferrothorn, so I recommend that most). Also, consider Jolly for him if you want to.

As for Scizor (and after looking at your team), I highly suggest not making him a chioce user, especially a choice scarf because giving him speed isn't worth it. His best set currently is his Special Defense Swords Dance set:

Scizor@Life Orb / Leftovers
Adamant Nature [+Atk; -SpA]
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

This set is great for countering threats like Reuniclus, Latios (to an extent), and many others. However, it's quite easily walled by the likes of Skarmory and Gyarados, but thats what a team is for. :]

On Chandelure, use these EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe; run Fire Blast over Flamethrower, it nets KOs you wouldn't get otherwise; don't' use Will-O-Wisp on a choice set. Replace it with Hidden Power [Fighting], which offers unresisted coverage with Shadow Ball.

Cloyster should be carrying Life Orb or White Herb, Scope Lens is banned from standard play due to it being a "hax" item (relying on luck). Run Jolly, and this EV spread: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe

Skarm is an excellent lead. :] Everything looks good on him, and you can even considered Taunt >> Brave Bird if you want, also, put Roost in the last slot to allow for healing. If you do use him as your lead though, and the opponent has Magnezone, make sure to switch to something else as your lead before beginning the battle (you can switch at the beginning of battles because of the Wifi Clause).

As for Clefable, it's extremely gimmicky, and with how prominent sandstorm and other weathers are, Moonlight isn't very reliable (it only heals 25% in all weathers but sun, in which it'll do 100%). You should replace it with either Chansey or Blissey. :] Hope this helps!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
IMO, I'd make Haxorus a Dragon Dancer to boost its Attack and Speed without locking it in 1 move:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw/Dual Chop/Taunt/Brick Break
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker

On Scizor, Iron Head is best on a gimmick Scarf set. Use Superpower or Brick Break instead so that you won't be walled by Steels.

Will-o-Wisp on a Specs Chandelure? I don't think so. Use Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground); if not, Psychic. Or you can go SubCM:
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire

I wouldn't use Icicle Spear + Ice Shard on Cloyster. I'd use Rock Blast instead (unless you didn't breed for it). You can also consider Hydro Pump or Surf over Razor Shell so it can go mixed.

Here's another fun set you can try in place of Clefable, but you don't have to if you don't want to:
Sigilyph:
-Cosmic Power
-Stored Power
-Psycho Shift
-Roost
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 Spe
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
@platinumdude. I tried running DD on haxorus but it always ended up getting killed before I had time to do actually damage it's just too delicate. I will also consider that subCM set and chandelure it looks way better than what I have. Also I'll give the siglyph set a try. Thanks for that!

@aero. Thanks for all the help especially with scizor that was a mess. I was only running moonlight on clefable because silly me didn't scroll down enough to see that it gets wish through breeding. I'll probably just switch it to a blissey though. Again thanks!

Back