• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silk

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
thanks matt.

Heres another screen for you all :)
This is of one of the events that happens in the Ice Cave!
screenicecavebit9dz.png

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Woah, wicked! You should use the tint function as well.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
ANOTHER UPDATE...
HOENN IS NOW IN POKEMON SILK!!!
Thats right, I have began mapping Hoenn. I have yet to decide if Hoenn will be playable at the start of the game or not- but you'll definatly have to explore ALL of the region (as the sotry involves Team Magma)
Here are some screens for you all.
The first screen is of the hero in littleroot.
screenlittleroot4ak.png

The second screen is of the hero in Odale town.
odalescreen6yh.png

Oh, and i just taught i'd post this- i managed to fit the first 2 towns on one map :P (not bad for Rm2k3 ;p )
screenmapoffurst25ez.png

Feedback please!

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
The map of the 2 cities is too small, and the event lines make it hard to read.. the remake looks good from the top screens, keep it up :)

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Good screens! :)

For the screens in Hoenn (3rd picture down), if that's a solid event, you could just make it solid under the database. If not, just forget what I just said.

Keep up the good work!

~jeff

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Those events on the map are actually just showing the rest of the tree graphics.

oh here, some more screens for you of Hoenn. This time- the hero is in Petalburg City.
screenpetalburgcity11as.png

screenpetalburgcity29ip.png

Also- i forgot to add in the NPCs before i took the screens, so the screens look a bit bare, lol.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
So far, nice work. I'm liking the progress. This game is looking up there with the best of them.

The Emerald message skin makes me want to claw my eyes out. I much prefer the gfx from R/S. But that's preference. The CBS text is looking a little hard to read, and should be over to the left a little, IMO.

So you'll be using multiple maps and using teleport events? This is cool, but if you want to make it feel as if it's all one map but have it really be many, there's a way to do that too, if you haven't figured it out yet.

In the icy screen, the central structure behind the pkmn looks awkward. Look at the sides, the edges where it meets the clifs on the left and right and you'll know what I mean.

Anywho, nice job man :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
thanks DarkMage31! I'm working very hard on this to help with rank up with some of the other games on this board. I will change the text box to look like ruby/sapp. or go back to the FR/LG ones...

I have a few screens which i posted on my forum- which i will copy and paste in here....

Here is one of the sets of screens i put up on my forum in the last few days...:

"The first screen i will post will show that i kinda used the same starting as in Pokemon EMERALD. The story in Hoenn(that is if you pick Hoenn to start in) starts of with your MOM asking you to take her sick Pichu to Odale town's Pokemon Center. On your way, you see Prof. Birch is being attacked by a Zigzagoon, you go and help.
introinhoennscreen2lb.png

After that, you go to Prof. Birchs lab, and after awhile chatting, GARY walks in!
Here, already, you'll see the story inter-mingling...
as you can see from these images...
introinhoennwithgaryscreen0en.png

There is what happens if you pick Hoenn to start in..
introinkantowithgaryscreen2qm.png

And that is what happens if you start in Kanto."

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice screens of the starting plot. I think that the position of the words in the CBS are just fine as well.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Just a quick update. I have all the towns/routes up to Rustboro City of Hoenn Mapped.
The poke-Cyber's Radio is still being worked on. Its hard to get the "Tuning System" for it working. I might just use set radio channels.
I'm not sure if i told you guys this yet, but i'll just add it in this post anyways: I now have the CBS a bit more improved. Your Pichu can now miss attacks, and the enemy pokemon now do different attacks at random (which is nice since before i had only one set attack). I'm also working on a "Catching System"- but its taking awhile to code. But don't worry, i wont rush it.

Oh, and i might as well post a screen lol.
screenonroute1047ne.png

tell me what you think. I love reading your comments :D
(i'm surprised this thread was not rated yet :P)

EDIT: whoops, by the way, that screen was taken in ROUTE 104.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Wow, it's been a while since I've commented on this. I've gotta say that this game is the most improved game I've seen in a while. Your graphics are a lot better now than they once were, your hero in particular looks great. One thing though, I'm not completely taken in by the color combination of the text box, but that is only a minor issue for me.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
thanks phoenix316, that means alot coming from you!
As i've said just there in YAMI's Pokemon NEO thread, I've been working like hell, to make this game alot better. And I'm glad alot of people are noticing. lol heck. look at the first page and all the screens.- then look at the first screens on the 4th page lol.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Great. Hope you improve the CBS to your liking. Good luck on the catching system as well.

Back