• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
that i'm not so sure as i never cared about shiny (most of the time the shiny pokemon is even uglier than the normal one... x_x). In the past you definitely can breed shiny because being shiny depends upon IV. In Ru/Sa i don't think shiny is calculated by IV anymore (but i don't know how it's calculated...)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
frostweaver said:
that i'm not so sure as i never cared about shiny (most of the time the shiny pokemon is even uglier than the normal one... x_x). In the past you definitely can breed shiny because being shiny depends upon IV. In Ru/Sa i don't think shiny is calculated by IV anymore (but i don't know how it's calculated...)

It has it's own random value, that it shares with gender and Unown shape. ^_^

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
frostweaver said:

IV? What's IV?

(Oh, and up to 115 hours, and no shiny yet....grr....)

Mewstor

Legend Reality
Years
Whohoooo! I couth a shiny Baltoy today! It's green and it's my first shiny pok?mon I've got in my Ruby version. Happy!

OffRoadSP

Years
Mewstor said:
Whohoooo! I couth a shiny Baltoy today! It's green and it's my first shiny pok?mon I've got in my Ruby version. Happy!

Hey, congratulations! That's a tough capture too, because it could have self-destructed on ya.

Mewstor

Legend Reality
Years
OffRoadSP said:
Hey, congratulations! That's a tough capture too, because it could have self-destructed on ya.

Hey, didn't really think about that. I just threw a great ball at it and it was couth right away. I guess I am lucky! Fwew!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
There is no true way to get a shiny.It's pretty much random, and a matter of luck.

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
Years
I have:
Shining Pikachu (purple cheeks & red body)
Shining Groundon,SP?( Pink, orange& blue body!)SWEET!!!
Shining Oddish ( goldish yellow)
Shining Gardivoir ( yellow & red)
Shining Sceptile (purple & red)
Shining Tentacruel (Green)
Shining Swampert ( Red & pink)
Shining Torchick ( green & orange)
Shining Kyogrye ( red gold green blue)
Shining Alteria (gold)
500+ hrs
I traded for 7 of these guys

OffRoadSP

Years
Missingno Baby said:
I have:
Shining Alteria (gold)
500+ hrs

So which of them di you actually catch?
(125 hrs, still nada here....)

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
Years
Missingno Baby said:
I have:
Shining Alteria (gold)
500+ hrs

Uh, I think you only actually own about three of these... you only have the colors for the Oddish, Tentacruel, and Alteria correct. The shining Pika I'm not qite sure, it's colors could be interpreted like that... A Groudon is bright gold, a Gardivoir is sky blue with a red horn, a sceptile is sky blue with red seeds and yellow stripes, a Torchic has a yellow body with red wings, and a Kyogre is purple with red stripes. A swampert is light purple with yellow, but it could be interpreted as pink, so I'll give you that one. Also, you may have just got the parentheses mixed up, cause some of the colors you have a rigt for a different Pokemon, but I don't know how that could happen.

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
Years
OffRoadSP said:
So which of them di you actually catch?
(125 hrs, still nada here....)
Ummm.... pikachu, kyogrye,Alteria
I got 2 nu 1s 2nite!
Shining Natu ( Silver)
Zigzagoon ( purple)
(Kyogrye took me 12 hours of resetting the game to get a shining one....)
Natu...20 minutes
Zigzagoon...45 minutes

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Exactly right.If you have the time, you can just walk around grass until you find a shiny.A semi-easy shiny to get is the starter, and kyogre/groudon and rayquaza.Just save before you meet them, and if the'yre not shiny, reload the game.Also, if you find the feebas spot, you can fish at that place until you eventually run into a shiny feebas.

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
Years
Wow. I am at the 120 hour mark but I've beaten the elite four many times. What levels are your pokemon at? I bet they are really strong. I once may have seen a Kecleon with a blue stripe instead of red but I did not know that that was how shiny Kecleon looked. :'(

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
Years
Dragon Man 11 said:
Wow. I am at the 120 hour mark but I've beaten the elite four many times. What levels are your pokemon at? I bet they are really strong. I once may have seen a Kecleon with a blue stripe instead of red but I did not know that that was how shiny Kecleon looked. :'(

Did you catch it? That was a shiny Kecleon! Their not purple like many people think, your lucky to have even seen one.

PokeTrainerCarol

nope...I have never run into a shiny Pokemon except one place. Could you guess where?

Battle Tower
The game must hate me, that was soooo frustrating...pretty purple Lanturn and I couldn't catch it...:(
The only shinies I have are the Red Gyarados in both Gold and Crystal versions, and I have a shiny Tentacool in Gold...^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back