• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
hi! diego... i think somewhere, in earlier post you said you are gonna make entei & raiku roam around johto later,right? i heard in emerald somehow both latios & latias can be made go wild around... it would be perfect for entei & raiku...
i think for the buena password, the battle frontier point system would do the trick... sorry, what do i know about hacking... but i am still a supporter...=D

You can make Eevee evolve the same way you make it evolve in Emerald; 12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon. Giovanni might be brought back in the future...

hey! diego
In Emerald,12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon...
Don't you find this absurd... I mean what the hell was wrong with game freak making that...
Generally,i believe AM is supposed to be the day time whereas PM, the night time... According to day/night system in the game, it will seem like you are evolving evee into Umbreon at day & into espeon at day/night since people will not generally play at 12AM-3/4AM(dark time) though people like me might be exceptions...The remaining time would be 5AM-12PM, in which it wont be dark... Likewise,7PM-12AM(playable time) will be totally dark in which evee will evolve into espeon...
Isn't it possible to make it just opposite?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
good stuff mate - i'm going to wait until you finish the main quest with kanto before diving in, but it's looking good!

Years
Issues:

When I beat the last GYM and the Prof. calls me to give me the Masterball, I fly to New Bark, but he doesn't give me. He only says the same thing "call me if..."

Pichu repeated in the pokedex (Pichu- Pikachu - Raichu and then it is after Clefable).

In the Blackthorn GYM you can walk through one wall (the one which is next to the stair which goes to Clair).

Last edited:

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Fence is incorrect.
Why don't you make this gatehouse like the newer better one from GBA?

Attachments

• 1332457590869.jpg
    1332457590869.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 31
  • 1332458272717.jpg
    1332458272717.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 29
Years
Issues:

When I beat the last GYM and the Prof. calls me to give me the Masterball, I fly to New Bark, but he doesn't give me. He only says the same thing "call me if..."

Pichu repeated in the pokedex (Pichu- Pikachu - Raichu and then it is after Clefable).

In the Blackthorn GYM you can walk through one wall (the one which is next to the stair which goes to Clair).

I believe, diego has fixed the first one you mentioned & its uploaded... You can download the latest patch...
But I don't know about other two, i guess i will check it too...
Diego,Keep up the Gr8 work,buddy...

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
After I defeated Mahogony Gym, I was able to go East. As I walked back into Mahogony, I met with an invisible Rarecandybar dude. You got the flags messed up there.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
hi! diego... i think somewhere, in earlier post you said you are gonna make entei & raiku roam around johto later,right? i heard in emerald somehow both latios & latias can be made go wild around... it would be perfect for entei & raiku...
i think for the buena password, the battle frontier point system would do the trick... sorry, what do i know about hacking... but i am still a supporter...=D

hey! diego
In Emerald,12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon...
Don't you find this absurd... I mean what the hell was wrong with game freak making that...
Generally,i believe AM is supposed to be the day time whereas PM, the night time... According to day/night system in the game, it will seem like you are evolving evee into Umbreon at day & into espeon at day/night since people will not generally play at 12AM-3/4AM(dark time) though people like me might be exceptions...The remaining time would be 5AM-12PM, in which it wont be dark... Likewise,7PM-12AM(playable time) will be totally dark in which evee will evolve into espeon...
Isn't it possible to make it just opposite?
I already know what I'm going to do for Entei and Raikou and Buena's Password. Also, I changed the Espeon/Umbreon evolutions in this new patch that makes it so that whatever it shows in-game will be what Eevee will evolve in to. That is, if it shows day, morning, or afternoon - Espeon. If it shows night - Umbreon. :)
good stuff mate - i'm going to wait until you finish the main quest with kanto before diving in, but it's looking good!
Okay, but there's already plenty to do in my game, so you should start playing now!
Issues:

The first one was fixed in an earlier patch. The second and third ones have been fixed and uploaded.
Fence is incorrect.
Why don't you make this gatehouse like the newer better one from GBA?
First one - fixed. I'm not going to change the second one yet because I can't get it to look right with the new-style gatehouse.
I believe, diego has fixed the first one you mentioned & its uploaded... You can download the latest patch...
But I don't know about other two, i guess i will check it too...
Diego,Keep up the Gr8 work,buddy...
All right, I will! Thanks!
After I defeated Mahogony Gym, I was able to go East. As I walked back into Mahogony, I met with an invisible Rarecandybar dude. You got the flags messed up there.
My bad, I linked that guy with Pryce's badge and not Elm's call. Fixed and uploaded.

Now, here's that feature you guys have been waiting for...
Apricorn Balls!

That's right, Kurt now gives you Apricorn Balls in exchange for Apricorns. The balls, their images, and their effects have all been added in! Hope you enjoy!
Up next on my feature list to tackle? The Bug-Catching Contest! Stay tuned for that!

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
Diego, mind=blown. I've had a copy of B1 for the longest time, and i started playing it today, since I have a week off for spring break. I just hit the sudowoodo end in B1 and saw that you pushed out B2 not too long ago! Awesome work! Keep it up! XD

P.S. I'm messing around with cheats, trying to break the game. lol Well done! It hasn't failed me yet! XD

EDIT: I lied. Just several bugs. One is when I talk to (Eugene??) that guy in the burned tower. His name is bugged out. Another is when I surf and get to that one ruin towards the bottom. It opens a hole in the wall and I'm able to get all four items (i don't though. my bag is full). However, after I get the "Thus We Will Erect A Pokemon Statue Outside" message and fall down that hole, if I encounter a pokemon, the game freezes. I have screencaps, but the post limit doesn't allow me to post URLs... I'll try to work around it. Send me a PM for screenies...

Another bug: Calling you via the pokegear actually phones Mr. Stone from some non-existant company ;)

Another bug: Met suicune after making all three dogs scatter from the burnt tower. Can't interact with it... it's just standing there. I can't talk to it or anything. Took a screencap of this too.

Last edited:
Years
I already know what I'm going to do for Entei and Raikou and Buena's Password. Also, I changed the Espeon/Umbreon evolutions in this new patch that makes it so that whatever it shows in-game will be what Eevee will evolve in to. That is, if it shows day, morning, or afternoon - Espeon. If it shows night - Umbreon. :)

All right, I will! Thanks!

Now, here's that feature you guys have been waiting for...
Apricorn Balls!

That's right, Kurt now gives you Apricorn Balls in exchange for Apricorns. The balls, their images, and their effects have all been added in! Hope you enjoy!
Up next on my feature list to tackle? The Bug-Catching Contest! Stay tuned for that!

Now, thats pure awesome... i'm certain that this is gonna be the best GBA remake of pokemon crystal...
1.You've made Espeon & Umbreon evolve at day & night respectively...
2.You've a most awesome title screen & intro...
3.You've made Apricorn balls which i always wanted to see in the crystal remake
4.you are working on bug catching contest...

This remake already looks the best one...
I'm supporting this hack all day all night long...

Sierraffinity

Years
Diego, mind=blown. I've had a copy of B1 for the longest time, and i started playing it today, since I have a week off for spring break. I just hit the sudowoodo end in B1 and saw that you pushed out B2 not too long ago! Awesome work! Keep it up! XD

P.S. I'm messing around with cheats, trying to break the game. lol Well done! It hasn't failed me yet! XD

EDIT: I lied. Just several bugs. One is when I talk to (Eugene??) that guy in the burned tower. His name is bugged out. Another is when I surf and get to that one ruin towards the bottom. It opens a hole in the wall and I'm able to get all four items (i don't though. my bag is full). However, after I get the "Thus We Will Erect A Pokemon Statue Outside" message and fall down that hole, if I encounter a pokemon, the game freezes. I have screencaps, but the post limit doesn't allow me to post URLs... I'll try to work around it. Send me a PM for screenies...

Another bug: Calling you via the pokegear actually phones Mr. Stone from some non-existant company ;)

Another bug: Met suicune after making all three dogs scatter from the burnt tower. Can't interact with it... it's just standing there. I can't talk to it or anything. Took a screencap of this too.
It sounds to me like you tried using your save file from Beta 1. Delete your save and play from the beginning.
Now, thats pure awesome... i'm certain that this is gonna be the best GBA remake of pokemon crystal...
1.You've made Espeon & Umbreon evolve at day & night respectively...
2.You've a most awesome title screen & intro...
3.You've made Apricorn balls which i always wanted to see in the crystal remake
4.you are working on bug catching contest...

This remake already looks the best one...
I'm supporting this hack all day all night long...
Thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying my hack!

Christianzeo

Mystical Ice-Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Seems Awesome! I just downloaded the patch. BTW, DOES the patch make the odd egg have a chance of being shiny?

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
I forgot to mention that in the Ruins of Alph, if you enter the room with the four poke-balls and walk back out you cant go back in because the wall will be back to normal.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Is there a way to get rock smash again? i got it once then learned it to my krabby then traded him for voltorb, i thought maybe i could of bought another one at goldenrod but it wasnt there, does anyone know where i can get?

Sierraffinity

Years
Seems Awesome! I just downloaded the patch. BTW, DOES the patch make the odd egg have a chance of being shiny?
Yeah, the Odd Egg has a 50% chance of being shiny (like in Jap Crystal).
Thanks for playing!
I forgot to mention that in the Ruins of Alph, if you enter the room with the four poke-balls and walk back out you cant go back in because the wall will be back to normal.
Can you tell me which room this is in? Thanks.
Is there a way to get rock smash again? i got it once then learned it to my krabby then traded him for voltorb, i thought maybe i could of bought another one at goldenrod but it wasnt there, does anyone know where i can get?
My bad, I didn't notice you could do that in Crystal. Fixed and uploaded.
I have to start all over again? Bummer... I guess I'll just hack new pokemon in... :/
All right, but if you're going to hack in Gen III Pokémon, keep in mind that they are not supported ATM.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
Gen III pokemon hack in fine, actually. I have that one green-lizard-reptile pokemon (I'm not too big on the pokemon, I just wanted something unique to use Cut with XD).

Anyways, I played (AGAIN) to the underground place in Mahogany Town where Team Rocket is doing their operations near Lake Rage and I interacted with the statue, but the caption is missing the first "I" in the caption "It's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny." So it reads " t's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny."

Also, after beating Pryce (or whatever that Ice gym leader is), there's a bug causing the player to move to the left after the gym victory.

Another bug... I can't get past the guy in Mahogany town. I flew back to Goldenrod to beat team rocket, but... I can't find them. There's an extra guy in the front, of the building, but other than that... I don't know where to go to beat them. :(

Last edited:
Years
Hi! diego... Just wanted to ask...
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?
2.Will we be able to complete the johto dex(not national dex)?

When you surf down to the bottom right cave at Ruins if Alph.

yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
Hi! diego... Just wanted to ask...
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?
2.Will we be able to complete the johto dex(not national dex)?

yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...

The move Surf is used to open the hole initially. I think the command lingers when you used a pokemon to surf to get there in the first place. That's probably why it opened.

Back