• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hmm possibly! Or the remains, under the ice are instead where it is. Actually, if it is iced over, I'm interested in how long it could've been iced over for and what's underneath those actual places. Have they become ruins?

I would find it really strange if they finish construction around Castelia and allowed the other towns to fall into ruin. I'm speaking about it as map ice though, not region ice haha.

Years
This prediction fits more here than anywhere else, since this town is covered in ice in the map so it must have a pretty drastic change. I'm gonna predict that Nuvema town is now a city and that's where the last gym is. :3
Or it could be that other town you visit early in the game, the one where you meet N that has nothing in it. It really needs to have something in it to give it a reason to exist now that it's not just the first new town you visit.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
It looks like there's a new beach town anyway.

I think we've established that the region hasn't been frozen over. (Or really, it hasn't been explicitly stated that it's frozen over.)

Seems that way, but always fun to speculate if small parts are frozen/been affected in some way right?

You forgot mistralton,icirrus,and opelucid city.

The ancient castle is probably gone by now covered in sand.

Based on the scan of the map of the region, Opelucid isn't 'covered/frozen over' but rather on the verge of being 'covered/frozen over'. I didn't consider Mistralton or Icirrus until I had a closer inspection of the scan. Good eye.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well I give in. Given that the frozen design is in the website's map, and the text raises the question of why the map is covered in ice, you have to conclude that something's happening in the areas frozen over on the map.

Maybe they really are frozen over. Scary thought.

Or maybe they're just like the clouds; they're hiding something.

You can clearly see through certain parts to blurry landscapes which still tell us alot about a few of the changes. They are just hiding things. So far Chargestone Cave, Mistralon Cave, and the area where Black City/White Forest were are frozen on the actual map.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think they are frozen over tbh. Considering the fact that Kyurem is the main Pokemon, and unless there's ruins under there (like I hope), that's probably the most likely thing. Otherwise yeah, why point it out? :x

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
It looks too see-through to be frozen over IMO. I don't know, maybe some parts will be frozen but definitely not all of that. You can really see through almost all of it except the very thick parts at the top.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I don't think it's actually frozen, too. I think it's actually just part of the map image intended to obscure parts of the map. Perhaps for post-game?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
A frozen region would be total boss mode. I like the idea that someone suggested that the new main character's hometown is in danger of freezing and you leave to figure out a way to stop it. OOH, and the "evil team" is there to pretend like it's trying to do the same thing, when in reality they're the cause of it! I'm thinking you beat Kyurem and then the ice melts. Especially since the Pokemon League looks frozen over, too.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
The ice is just to cover up. It doesn't fit with the rest of the map. It doesn't follow the land. It's just there, as a layer over the map. If the ice was actually there in-game, they would've drawn the ice on the map.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It looks too see-through to be frozen over IMO. I don't know, maybe some parts will be frozen but definitely not all of that. You can really see through almost all of it except the very thick parts at the top.

I mentioned this before, maybe the ice is simply a barrier over the land created by Kyurem, creating it's territorial boundary around the region. Also glaciers in cartoons and game are sometimes way more transparent than it is in reality.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Someone on another forum brought up a good point. Look at the map, and notice that there are clouds UNDER the ice? You can even see clouds poking out from some of the ice at the spots where the ice ends. It's clearly NOT on the land, as the clouds would be above the ice if this was so.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Here's a high quality picture of the new map, from pokejungle.
Spoiler:

I do wonder if the new areas have always been there or if they were recently constructed. The former is more probable.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Notice if you look on the west side of the map. There is ice outside that game map. Therefore not part of the region.

If you look at Undella Town, The water is not frozen under the ice. They are hideing stuff most likely. I am hopeing for a Safarii Zone

There is also something new in the northern part of the western map. I am not sure what it is. It also looks like the Pokeleague structure in the northern east has changed some.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Someone on another forum brought up a good point. Look at the map, and notice that there are clouds UNDER the ice? You can even see clouds poking out from some of the ice at the spots where the ice ends. It's clearly NOT on the land, as the clouds would be above the ice if this was so.

Hmmm, damnit. So no frozen Unova? Perhaps those areas are like danger zones, and you need permission to go there or something, which is why the ice is covering the map showing that they're the places likely to be attacked by Kyurem and the places you should avoid until you're skilled enough? :x Most likely reason for the ice to be hiding the region on three official maps imo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Here's a high quality picture of the new map, from pokejungle.
Spoiler:

I do wonder if the new areas have always been there or if they were recently constructed. The former is more probable.

Well remember. Driftvelm or what ever had a tunnel we could not get to in BW. My guess the new areas is what the were building.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59

The official Machoke
Years
If you look at the map for B2/W2 you see that sky arrow bridge(Idc what its called) is half frozen over! Maybe this is the reason why you start in a new town. Maybe as a twist you find Kyurem there? Maybe The B/W Player bought Kyurem to their hometown to show Juniper and it turned into disaster?

Oh the Possibilities.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Look at the map, and notice that there are clouds UNDER the ice? You can even see clouds poking out from some of the ice at the spots where the ice ends. It's clearly NOT on the land, as the clouds would be above the ice if this was so.

Good point, and i'm glad somebody brought that up.
Personally i'm pretty happy that half of Unova isn't frozen and the ice is just hiding further changes/placed to fit a theme like a couple of people have said.

Perhaps there will be a temporary story event with B/W Kyurem involving the land being frozen/snowed out further in the story much like with Groudon/Kyogre in R/S/E.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Aw, I was really hoping it would be frozen in some parts.
But now that I look at it, everyone is right, I think they just put that there to hide most of the map.
I really do hope it's frozen, though. ;;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Perhaps there will be a temporary story event with B/W Kyurem involving the land being frozen/snowed out further in the story much like with Groudon/Kyogre in R/S/E.
I could see this happening! Or perhaps parts of the region will have ice blocking out areas we shouldn't be able to get to until certain points in the game. Unless it's a little like Platinum, and patches around towns/cities/routes are frozen.

Cello

Tonight!
Years

Or perhaps parts of the region will have ice blocking out areas we shouldn't be able to get to until certain points in the game.

I could see that happening. It's not the first time it's happened in a Pokemon game. :P
I'm not too big a fan of hard locks in games, though. I wish for once GameFreak would let us sequence break so we could do things in a different order.
Wow, I just went way off track.

But yeah, didn't the Kyurem event in B/W have something to do with illusions?
Maybe he makes the world appear as if it's frozen at some point?
I'm not too clear on how that all happened in B/W though, as I put down the DS shortly after beating the game for some reason and never did the Kyurem event myself. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back