• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ok, so I have arrived at the Elite Four, tried it a few times and failed, so what I really need to know is where are the best training spots??

Years
Ok, so I have arrived at the Elite Four, tried it a few times and failed, so what I really need to know is where are the best training spots??

I recommend going to Route 10, there's a big patch of grass. Run around or ride your bicycle and wait until a patch of grass shakes, and enter the shaking grass to find a rare Pokemon.

Most of the time you'll run into Audino, which are these things:
Spr_5b_531.png

Knock out a few of them and you'll gain loads of EXP, which is doubled when holding a Lucky Egg. You'll want to be in the Level 48-50 range so you can take on the Elite Four without being underleveled.

Years
Thanks so much :) Do you have any more suggestions?

I've got this video from Marriland for you, where he picks some good training spots and compares them:

I do agree with him that Route 10, which I mentioned before, is the best place to train.

But it's up to you to think which is best, but remember you can also do rematches against the Trainers in the Nimbasa stadiums (Big Stadium and Small Court) and also the two Ace Trainers in Opelucid City's Battle House (they do either a Rotation Battle in Black or Triple Battle in White, and their teams also differ between the versions).

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
OP, what's your team? Maybe the reason you're having trouble is type matchups or moves.

The best place to train pre-E4 is at the very beginning of Route 10, in the patch of grass behind a Battle Girl. Cycle around until a patch of grass starts shaking, then go to this patch (if it's too far use a Repel and head into the grass). You'll get Audino most of the time, and eventually Emolga, Stoutland and Throh (or Sawk). The Audinos L35 and above know Heal Pulse, which heals your Pokémon. Do it until you're L50 or above. I trained to L54 because that's when Krookodile learned Earthquake and Eelektrik learned Coil, but I was already L52 when I reached the end of Victory Road.

Years
Hikari10: Thank you so much for your help :)

Cerebrus87: I haven't been on in a while so ive just realised my team is pretty weak

Sesmitoad level 43: Bulldoze; Muddy Water; Bubblebeam; Surf
-Vullaby level 42: Punishment; Defog; Fly; Air Slash
-Virizion level 45: Strength; Aerial Ace; Giga Drain; Sacred Sword (Only reason I have a legendary is because of my teams level)
-Emboar level 51: Heat Crash; Flamethrower; Rollout; Brick Break
-Cryogonal level 44: Frost Breath; Ice Beam; Aurora Beam; Acid Armor
-Druddigon level 44: Focus Blast; Night Slash; Dragon Claw: Shadow Claw

I realise now it isn't the greatest team to have :P

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Hmmm your levels are pretty low, I'd recommend dropping Vullaby and getting another Flying-type Pokémon like Sigilyph, found in the Desert Resort.

Another thing I recommend is not having more than one move from a given type at the same time. My Emboar had Ember at first, then I ditched it for Flame Charge, then I replaced Flame Charge with Heat Crash, and finally I replaced Heat Crash with Flamethrower. Then I added Flame Charge in place of Defense Curl because I no longer had Rollout, but only because Flame Charge is a lot different from Flamethrower and might be useful if I ever need to increase Emboar's Speed.

I recommend Vanilluxe over Cryogonal.

I wouldn't say Seismitoad is good, but Unova has no good Water-types, so you might as well use it. Unfortunately it doesn't learn Earthquake without a TM, unlike Swampert and Quagsire... People like Jellicent, but I used it and found it unimpressive. Good at taking hits, crap at dishing them out.

I also suggest a stronger Dark-type like Scrafty, Krookodile or Bisharp.

To be on the safe side, you need to be at least L50, and don't be shy of using legendaries if needed. I owned Ghetsis easily with a L54 Haxorus with Dragon Dance and Taunt. Cofagrigus was setup fodder, then I killed every single one of his Pokémon in one hit. (On a side note I caught Haxorus exclusively for that)

Years
Thanks very much :) I know it isn't that great haha usually by the elite four I have higher level pokemon but I dunno what happened. Much appreciated :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Next time, you can post this kind of questions in the Help Thread. I'm glad to see you have got the help you needed though, so I'll just close it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back