• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will this team work?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
I am building a team for the Battle Tower. I have Ursaring, Hitmontop, and Scizor.

Ursaring:

Jolly Nature
Quick Feet Ability

Moveset:
Facade
Close Combat
Crunch
Swords Dance

Hitmontop

Impish Nature
Intimidate Ability

Moveset:
Rapid Spin
Foresight
Earthquake(going to be replaced by Sucker Punch when I get enough B.P.)
Close Combat

Scizor

Adamant Nature
Technician Ability

Moveset:
Bullet Punch
Quick Attack
Metal Claw (To Be replaced by U-Turn when I get B.P.)
Pursuit (To be replaced by Superpower when I get B.P.)

Opinions and Move Suggestions?

Johnster

Losing is not an option
Years
I haven't played Pokemon games further than Pearl so I only know the moves that's in the previous Pokemon games.

What I would do:
Ursaring'smoveset is pretty good.

Change Hitmontop's Rapid spin with something more effective since rapid spin doesn't really do much. It doesn't really do any damage to the opponent.
Maybe change Foresight too.

Since you're planning on fighting the Battle tower, You will need a varies types of move. You can Google "TM&HM list" then choose which moves that's best for your Pokemon. That's what I usually do.

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
Go with Bug bite over U-turn, with it's ability you will have a STAB move with 180 base power if I'm not mistaken (stab+technician) Pursuit works nicely so super power may not be needed. Considering I only play at the battle tower in times of extream boredom I can't say much.

I would leave them as is, they actually look fine to me, most types are covered. Only thing I suggest to watch out for is the stupid minimizing chancey's it seems funny and all when somebody else fails and can't hit it. When it happens to you it's just no fun :(

Back