• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Sigma Version

Years
-Pokemon Sigma Version-
By: Zephyros

[RPG Maker XP - Pokemon Essentials]

Introduction:

As a fellow gamer, Pokemon has always drawn me in. It's a fun, concise, and strategic game which is short offhandedly amazing. It was a recurring game in my childhood and even more so now. With the current release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I have wanted to make my own game. Rom Hacking was too limited so I spread my horizon to RPG Maker XP. RPG Maker XP is helping a lot with making my Pokemon game and maybe you can too!

Plot/Backstory:
You're a 15 year old who lives in the Zaeron Region. This region was discovered to be the product of Arceus' creation, after the great Dimension War, as a reminder to humanity of it's great strife. The Dimension War was a war waged between Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. They fought endlessly over each other's domains, in hopes of ruling it all. This war lasted for a whole 100 years before Arceus stepped in and banished them to each of their realms. Time, Space, and Distortion respectively. You journey through the region in hopes of becoming the best trainer ever, however, you meet a terrorist group on your adventures, whose name is unknown. They are plotting to release the shackles and unbind the three dimensional beasts and demolish the Zaeron Region as they do so. It's up to you to stop them...or join them and cause unparalleled amounts of chaos.

Features:
- Choices and a whole lot of them (You can either be neutral, good, or bad, each dependent on your choices)
- Different endings <- That one is yet to be implemented, and may not be implemented).
- All 1st to 6th Gen Pokemon available as well as Legendaries!
- Two different regions with a WHOLE TON OF SECRETS
- Many different rivals, leaders, gyms, and leagues!
- Love interests? YES! There'll be enough of those in this game.
- Battle Frontier
- It's also much more intense than a regular game.
- Pokemon Safari
- Maybe even outfits?!?!

Progress Report:
- 04.412% Finished
- Finished Home Town, Finished First Route

There is a lot of content in this game. I will be releasing demos, however.

Do you want to help? Do you want to be involved?
These are the spots available. Blue means filled. Red means needed.
- Spriter/Pixel Artist [I need someone to make the character sprites]
- Storywriter [I already have one....ME! But another would be awesome]
- Scripter [Other than me there's no one. I need someone to consult to about some buggy scripts]
- Beta Tester [To test the game and report any bugs, glitches, and/or errors].

Screenies! Because who doesn't love screenies?
Spoiler:

Credits!
- Pokemon Essentials
- RPG Maker XP
- Glitchxcity for Music
- Selective Suicune for Music
- Deviantart for some pics.

If you guys want to keep updated with the game then you guys should check out my Youtube channel, Zephyros, out. If you guys have a Twitter then check out mine.
It's Zephyros0X.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Looks like it has a good future ahead of it,id like to be your beta tester if you like

Years
Thanks for all the support guys! Progress has been slowed due to me having to juggle, High School, life, and family around, but I'm glad my game has achieved the recognition that it has! I'll be updating as I go along!

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
This looks good, I hope you keep making progress (and manage to juggle everything).

I few questions came to mind:
- Are you using static or animated sprites from XY? To be honest, the edges of the Aerodactyl sprite don't look to good, or maybe it's just due to the large image.
- What did you base your completion number on? (the 04.412%)
- How is your game much more intense then a regular game? (mentioned in the features)

Sorry if these might seem nit-picky, I was just wondering. Also, for buggy scripts you can ask the community here how to do things (while searching for a scripter).

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
This sounds really interesting. Hope youdon't get overworked over this. Hope to see more soon!

Years
This looks good, I hope you keep making progress (and manage to juggle everything).

I few questions came to mind:
- Are you using static or animated sprites from XY? To be honest, the edges of the Aerodactyl sprite don't look to good, or maybe it's just due to the large image.
- What did you base your completion number on? (the 04.412%)
- How is your game much more intense then a regular game? (mentioned in the features)

Sorry if these might seem nit-picky, I was just wondering. Also, for buggy scripts you can ask the community here how to do things (while searching for a scripter).

Actually no not at all. I'm glad you asked because it gave me time to self-reflect on the game itself. So thank you!
I'm looking into the sprites used within the game because in my opinion some of them seem out of proportion and/or broken in some ways. So I'll fix those soon.
I based the completion number on what I had finished within the first demo I wanted to release (if that made sense). I want to jam-pack as much as I can into my first demo so I based that on what I had completed out of what I wanted to be completed.
My game is more intense in perspective from game play and story. It will be more story driven at times (evil team destroying buildings, life-death situations, etc.) while this is a really dark tone to take with a Pokemon game. I really want to test the limits of this game and see how it is received in the community.

Back