• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Kanto Power Plant & New Mauville

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
FL_Power_Plant.png
New_Mauville_outside_E.png

In both Kanto and Hoenn, there were the region's respective power plant. For the most part, both were abandoned and provided a home for electric pokemon. In both, there were item balls that were either actual items or concealed voltorbs that provided hazards for the player who seeked the items. However, each had different designs, but overall was one another's counterpart.

Did you like the powerplants? Which one did you like better? Which had the better design?

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I always thought New Mauville was a nuisance, only worth doing for Thunderbolt. So I have to pick the power plant, because of Zapdos.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I can't speak for others, but at least to me, Power Plant stands out a bit more.

This might not have been a thing in second generation of games, but in first, it was the home to Zapdos, which is a legendary. New Mauville, on the other hand, wasn't anything like that, unfortunately; it didn't have much things special. Sure, it had hosted some wild Pokémon we might not be able to find elsewhere in Hoenn, but I don't believe that's too important in comparison.

In anime, if I remember right, Wattson had used New Mauville to store his robot Raikou (I could be wrong as it's been a long time since I'd actually watched, but I hope I'm not), and if they were to play off something similar in-game, it likely would have been slightly more interesting of a place, haha. I suppose anything could have worked, thinking about it, so long as it'd given us something nice to look forward to in this particular area.

Years
I liked the power plant more cause it had zapdos and electabuzz. I really expected more from the ORAS new mauville. I sped through there and I can't help but wonder if I missed a switch somewhere that makes it worth going to.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
While I like the Hoenn one as it has puzzle which requires more brain power, the Kanto Power Plant wins this one overall. As said by the others, it's Zapdos' home and the music is actually quite fitting for the whole setting.

Years
I liked New Mauville better than Kanto's Power Plant, but it's mainly due to me liking Hoenn better than Kanto.

Years
Definitely Kanto because it had a much better atmosphere and the things you could get from it were greater. In Hoenn, I only ever go into New Mauville if I want Thunderbolt. With Kanto, well it has Zapdos. I don't think it takes much to decide between a TM and a legendary.

Years
I really liked the concept behind New Mauville; a powerplant that was originally planned to be converted into an underground city. But putting nostalgia aside, Kanto's had the better music, and like others have said, it's home to the legendary Zapdos. The building had a cool and fitting design, and the picture that was displayed when you entered it adds even more to the atmosphere of an abandoned building.

Back