• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Hello there everyone ive just started this pokemon hack and i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to unlock every single event in the game?
I mean i thought you wont ever be able to evolve squirtle/bulbasaur since i think they dont in the anime but turns out you can, so yeah what are the keys to unlock every event? like poke team, battles? (win or lose?), etc... cause i cant go back and watch every episode :$

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Hello there everyone ive just started this pokemon hack and i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to unlock every single event in the game?
I mean i thought you wont ever be able to evolve squirtle/bulbasaur since i think they dont in the anime but turns out you can, so yeah what are the keys to unlock every event? like poke team, battles? (win or lose?), etc... cause i cant go back and watch every episode :$

Thanks in advance!

Here are some tips: never evolve pikachu, bulbasaur, or squirtle. In the veridian forest the Brock battle, catch caterpie, and MAKE SURE TO CATCH PIGIOTO when you find him he is a one time only catch. In the same forest evolve caterpie into a metapod and don't evolve him again until after you leave the forest, squirtle is unskipable and charmander is unmissable but still skip able, but bulbasaur is hidden in a long stretch of grass on your way down from cerulean.( if you see charmander and don't have bulbasaur, GO BACK) evolve charmander during the fight with the magician that hypnotises you and evolve chareleon during the arodactile fight with the mining event ( right after the jiggleypuff event). You can't win to Brock on your first try ( even if you win you will still lose, trust me) besides that every other match you should win and if you are supposed to lose then you get a alternate event but still get the same outcome.( but in the grass type gym battle if you lose you get a thunderstone, but remember not to evolve pikachu) to do the jiggleypuff event buy some berry juice from the house near the lady you battle to help her evolve her Paris) when you see a hord of butterfree you need to give your butterfree a scarf (I think red) and set it free. When you fight a evolved Mankey (forgot name) catch it. When you are givin a invite to a battle with the best pokemon trainer ever (mewtwo movie event) and the ship won't sail because of the storm. Use your raft to surf there. In the Snorlax event chop the trees behind him and talk to Snorlax, then talk to the old man on the rock. If you want to stay cannon give away your evolved mankey(still can't remember name) when you are asked to after winning the fighting tournament with him, lose to Richie( if you don't you will continue on and eventually fight the elite four and champion (not Gary sadly). Hope I helped a little

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I think I resolved all the issues with the stuff before the Orange Islands that were mentioned. Those who were having problems, please re-patch and let me know (if you already went ahead, warp back to the areas when you can and see if the events are working now):

AshGray 4.1

Thanks for the bug reports!

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Bug: when you steal misty`s bike you can go back in the water and then come back out and continue on with the event without being on the bike

Bug: The water reflection is messed up (Example: Ash`s Backpack is yellow in the water but is supposed to be green and when he is in his PJs the water reflection makes his PJs look purple when they are also supposed to be green. IDK maybe the water just hates green things)
PokemonAshGrayVersionBeta41_01_zps886881bc.png
PokemonAshGrayVersionBeta41_06_zpsae92aadd.png

Bug: When you swim in the water during the spearow chase scene when you hop out of the water ash has his in the water sprite until the animation completes. After this (as far as I know) the animation works as normal.
PokemonAshGrayVersionBeta41_03_zpsdd729ce6.png

Bug: Waterfalls are messed up
PokemonAshGrayVersionBeta41_05_zps53fff5c1.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Little help? The patching aint working for me. I'm only getting a white screen.
the same thing happened to me but I fixed it. Try downloading a new Pokemon FireRed Rom and if that doesn`t work do the previous step and redownload the patch. I also suggest lunar IPS.

Years
I found 2 bugs. The first one if you heal your pokémon before the race against Cissy she disappears and you can't do the event anymore. The other one if you enter to one of the caves at Navel island you can't get out for some strange reason.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
I need some excuse to post this so I can post pictures of bugs so... I really am enjoying this hack and think you are doing amazing work metapod23!

Check my above post because I have added a few pictures (sorry for posting this just so I can post bug pictures)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
uhh, help please ? I can't patch mine, i downloaded a new fire red ROM but still i'm getting white screen . :( help please . i really love this game .

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
uhh, help please ? I can't patch mine, i downloaded a ner fire red ROM but still i'm getting white screen . :( help please . i really love this game .
I got a white screen the first time I tried but here are my steps I followed to get it working.

1. Download a new FireRed Rom
2. Download Pokemon AshGray Ips
3. (If you already have Lunar Ips or any other Ips patcher skip this step) Download Lunar Ips
4. Launch it
A. If you get a white screen rinse and repeat (Delete and Redownload the Rom and Ips)

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
I got a white screen the first time I tried but here are my steps I followed to get it working.

1. Download a new FireRed Rom
2. Download Pokemon AshGray Ips
3. (If you already have Lunar Ips or any other Ips patcher skip this step) Download Lunar Ips
4. Launch it
A. If you get a white screen rinse and repeat (Delete and Redownload the Rom and Ips)

stilL don't work . :( where did you downloaded your Fire Red Rom ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Ok.
But which file name should match the other one.
Is it that I should rename the fire red zip rom or should I rename the ash gray ips rom.
not all PC emulators have auto patch, but VBA does. I think It doesn`t matter because if you make the .gba match the .ips then technically the .ips also matches the .gba and visversa

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
download the .ips file and LunarIPS

patch the .ips file to the FireRed (U).gba file... (btw I dont use LunarIPS... but u should be able to do it with the info i gave xP... I use another program)

It gives me a white screen when I start it up on my VBA

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I'm the same, I only get a white screen. I've downloaded a new FireRed rom, and I've redownloaded the IPS and it still doesn't work

Back