• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@machomuu: There are NPC teachers, so it's honestly not really necessary. ^^; Only take up extra characters if you have the muse and the time. I want you to have fun. :P

@hereto: Money is an unregulated thing. Your characeter's parents could give them some, or you could have your character earn them somehow. I honestly don't enforce anything whatsoever regarding money. Just... don't do anything obnoxious like find a large sum of cash laying around on the ground. |D

@everyone: Yeah, sorry about that. I've hinted at the day coming to an end soon a couple of times recently, but with new arrivals... Yeah. Some people missed it. Though really, I need to get this out there. IC Days take OOC months here. PLEASE do not wait for them unless I've stated they're coming soon. I really do not enjoy watching you suffer, so enjoy the present day and and don't worry about the upcoming one until it comes, at least not until they're upon us like it is now. :P

So yeah. 7-14 days from now the IC day will be ending.

Also, seeing as it would seem Alex the rocket spy is... done for the time being. Perhaps I could throw my suicune dorm student, the teen angst Valorie Ryder at someone? I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for someone to interact, so I just thought I'd throw that out there. Are you still looking for contact Hereto?

Valorie's pokemon team is at the very top of the teams etherpad and her SU is at the very top of Part 1 of the Player SUs. Kinda easy to find, I guess. o3o

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
@machomuu: There are NPC teachers, so it's honestly not really necessary. ^^; Only take up extra characters if you have the muse and the time. I want you to have fun. :P

@hereto: Money is an unregulated thing. Your characeter's parents could give them some, or you could have your character earn them somehow. I honestly don't enforce anything whatsoever regarding money. Just... don't do anything obnoxious like find a large sum of cash laying around on the ground. |D

@everyone: Yeah, sorry about that. I've hinted at the day coming to an end soon a couple of times recently, but with new arrivals... Yeah. Some people missed it. Though really, I need to get this out there. IC Days take OOC months here. PLEASE do not wait for them unless I've stated they're coming soon. I really do not enjoy watching you suffer, so enjoy the present day and and don't worry about the upcoming one until it comes, at least not until they're upon us like it is now. :P

So yeah. 7-14 days from now the IC day will be ending.

Also, seeing as it would seem Alex the rocket spy is... done for the time being. Perhaps I could throw my suicune dorm student, the teen angst Valorie Ryder at someone? I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for someone to interact, so I just thought I'd throw that out there. Are you still looking for contact Hereto?

Valorie's pokemon team is at the very top of the teams etherpad and her SU is at the very top of Part 1 of the Player SUs. Kinda easy to find, I guess. o3o
Sure.Sounds like a plan.Where?

Dawn

Years
@Hereto: I 'unno. Valorie is currently outside Oak Town. She could be making her way back to the academy, or they could meet in the halls somehow. One could literally run into the other, though considering Valorie is short that probably doesn't go in her favor.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Yellow: I was wondering, in the next IC day, Kilik could maybe meet Alex? I could use new people to interact, plus he would still need to blow off some steem.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Hey sorry I haven't been posting much I've been a tad busy but I'll get back into the swing of it soon. So with that out of the way I figure it's about night time now in the rp?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Why, what happened to Alex? I guess that means Nika is freed up then. *Goes back to aimless wandering*

Years
Hey guys, I am fairly new to the textual based Roleplays but I mostly know what it is I am doing. This would actually be my first text based Roleplay. It looks very good and I can't wait to get started with it. But for SUs I am thinking of becoming a teacher instead of a student. Do you guys think this is a good idea for a 'rookie' or not? I know basically what I am doing and I already have the character planned out mostly, just want to know if it would be a good idea or even allowed to happen!
Thanks!

Dawn

Years
@jbsundown: It's definitely allowed yes. I would say that a teacher is indeed a harder role to play /mostly/ because your character is expected to be significantly more competent than a student. That is to say, mistakes may reflect more severely on your character because of their expectations.

HOWEVER, if you know what you're doing and are familiar with your teacher's area of expertise, it should not be a significant problem. :P

I always recommend a student as a first character if you aren't sure simply because students are what the RP leans towards catering to and I try my best to make sure people are having fun when they get in.

However, if a teacher sounds more appealing to you, that's a different story. Go ahead!~ We've definitely got plenty of teacher spots. You can also take a second character as a student if you want to experience both worlds.

@Hereto: Very well. Haru can encounter a sleepy Valorie on her way back towards the academy.

@ShinyDiamond: This is plausible, yes.

@HunterZero: Yup. I'd imagine it's around 9 PM, and the IC day will be ending within 2 weeks and as early as 1 week from now.

@Lincoln: The roleplayer of Aloin vanished. o3o; Sorry about that.

Years
@jbsundown: It's definitely allowed yes. I would say that a teacher is indeed a harder role to play /mostly/ because your character is expected to be significantly more competent than a student. That is to say, mistakes may reflect more severely on your character because of their expectations.

HOWEVER, if you know what you're doing and are familiar with your teacher's area of expertise, it should not be a significant problem. :P

I always recommend a student as a first character if you aren't sure simply because students are what the RP leans towards catering to and I try my best to make sure people are having fun when they get in.

However, if a teacher sounds more appealing to you, that's a different story. Go ahead!~ We've definitely got plenty of teacher spots. You can also take a second character as a student if you want to experience both worlds.

Thanks! I do find being a teacher more appealing as the area of study that my character is a professional in is something that I have wanted to do in Pokémon games. I am working on the SU right now and should have it posted fairly soon.

P.S Thanks for the really fast reply! :D

Meeptasm

Eevee of Mystery
Years
... Meh! I dun wanna wait anymore! Even if Heart is just a baby, she's just gonna have to have an erratic sleeping pattern so I can RP some more! Look out, night life! Meep is on the prowl!!! >:C

Years
Well here we go with my Sign-up! :D

Name: Mr. Ryan Newson

Nickname: (Nicknames can be decided by others for him)

Sex: Male

Job: Pokémon Legend studies. (Not quite sure what lesson that would fit into)

Appearance: Ryan is 6"01 tall and weighs 150lbs. He has light brown hair and glasses very skinny, almost no visible body fat or muscle. He generaly wears Checkered shirts and Jeans.

Personality: Ryan is generaly friendly but also very shy. He is easily intimidated but won't be walked over. He is obssessed with legendary Pokémon and often day dreams about them. Usualy won't speak unless spoken to but if he sees a dispute going on he will join in to give his point of view. Being very shy has lead to his lack of friends and absolutely no romantic experience at all. Due to this he likes to stay in his room a lot and doesn't leave for any events such as parties etc.

History: Ryan grew up on Pummelo Island in the Orange Islands. Due to this he has experienced many wonderful things throughout his youth. His father and grandfather were both champions at the Orange League and this has caused a great deal of stress to him by being pressured by people around him to follow in his famillies footsteps. Ryan never liked battles much and prefered to watch and collect. His love for legendaries started when rescued by a mysterious pokémon when he fell from his families boat whilst sailing past lightning island. The pokémon that saved him looks like this. when he was discovered two days later on the shore is Pummelo Island nobody new about the pokémon he described and they said he must of imagined or dreamt it. Ryan believed all of this until when he was 12 and was sailing past lightning island again the very same pokémon appeared beneath the sea where his boat was. Since then Ryan made it his job to search for legendary pokémon and to learn as much as he could about them.
Ryan discovered 'The Pokémon Trainer Academy' in a newspaper article. He knew that this would be the ideal place to learn more about Legendaries and also teach all that he knew about Legendaries to all people that felt the same as he did.
Ryan's first ever pokémon was a Charmander that is the son of his farther's Charizard. It is now a Charizard and Ryan's companion and best friend.
Ryan's first captured pokémon was a Nidoran♂ that he raised up to a Nidoking from a moonstone his grandfarther left him in his will. This Nidoran♂ was found in the Fuchsia city safari zone which he went for his 14th birthday.
Ryan's third and final pokémon was an Electabuz he traded for an Exeggcute that he captured in the Safari zone also.

Pokémon:

Species: Charizard
Nickname: N/A
Personality: Charizard is probably the friendliest Charizard there is. But that doesn't mean it can't deal some damage when it wants to!
Lvl: 41
Moveset: Heat wave, Flamethrower, Wing attack, Dragonclaw, Fly.

Species: Nidoking
Personality: A very typical Nidoking but perhaps a little too relaxed and friendly.
Lvl: 34
Moveset: Megahorn, Cut, Return, Double kick, Focus Punch.

Species: Electabuzz
Personality: Fairly lazy but obeys everything that Ryan asks it to. A strong contender and will not give up even if it is too weak to continue fighting.
Lvl: 32
Moveset: Double-Edge, Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Strength, Swift.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Oh, okay. I seem to have really, really bad luck for players I interact with either leaving or vanishing. Guess I'll send Nika to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back