• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2010
I don't know if my computer has trouble, but when I download the 2.1 version, the scene in pallet and viridian city is not normal. but when I get through in the route 22, it become normally. Is it a part of this version? or that's my computer fail? is anything to fix it?
img.photo.zing.vn/file_uploads/gallery/w642h/2010/03/22/10/20561269272165.bmp
img.photo.zing.vn/file_uploads/gallery/w642h/2010/03/22/10/61501269272121.bmp
Sorry, I don't have post enough to post image, and sorry my Eng was bad, I'm vietnamese...

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Oh. Well then I loved what you did (:
But towards the end it seemed to get kinda sloppy, presumably because it's still in Beta and being worked on, etc. The only dissatisfaction I had was that closer to the end, again probably just being worked on, the episodes seemed to mesh together and not have much of a distinction from each other, and I got kinda lost. The ditto episode portion of the game didn't seem to really be like the episode because all you do is have a battle and find some items. I just felt like the episode was a lot more than that, but I suppose if you put a lot of the details into every episode section of the game, you'd never finish. And a lot of times it wasn't very clear where I should go next, and I didn't know what to do when I got there. But that just might be me being dense. And am I supposed to be able to get into that evolution mansion? I don't remember going in there in the episodes but it just felt like after I beat the three of them they'd go inside and I'd quickly follow suit. But other than all that, the game is actually really, really good. Oh, and I loved the Santa part. It just seemed so bizarre. And the cave was sooo sad in the series. It reminds me of when all the pokemon cried to bring Ash back in the movie. Oh, it seems I've started to ramble, well anyway, thanks for the great entertainment (:

Well, with a lot of the episodes Team Rocket actually plays a major role. Like the Ditto episode, after Ash battles Duplica, Team Rocket comes along and steals Ditto and tries to make it transform into Dratini, then Ash & co. imitate TR and battle them, and blah blah blah. I don't want Team Rocket showing up every five seconds in the hack, so I need to pick and choose which events I put them in. And when they're not in an event, it does sort of cut down on what happened in the episode.

With the interior of the evolution bros' mansion, it just wasn't necessary, and I have a limited number of maps I can add/edit and I don't want to make/add any that I don't have to, especially not until I finish the game and see what I have left to do.

good game man,keep up the good work.

Thanks. :)

after you defeat lt surge what do u do next???

Try to visit the St. Anne again.

I don't know if my computer has trouble, but when I download the 2.1 version, the scene in pallet and viridian city is not normal. but when I get through in the route 22, it become normally. Is it a part of this version? or that's my computer fail? is anything to fix it?
Sorry, I don't have post enough to post image, and sorry my Eng was bad, I'm vietnamese...

The palette is a result of the day/night system I inserted into the game. Route 22 wasn't designated as a route, so that's probably why it reset to the normal palette - I fixed that now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
Looks like a good game
But it would be even better if Pikachu was following you like in Pokemon Yellow

<>*Ralts*<>

I can't Raltz anymore...
Years
Heya, not sure if anyone else pointed this out but...
I think you need to reupload 2.1, um, When I entered the cabin, and talked to the samuri, i went out no metapod.

Plus, this version ended at Cerulean City for me, there's no underground tunnle.

~Raltz Wishes You Best Of Luck!~

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
after you gave misty the togepi you finished the beta,all you need is to wait for the next beta :)

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I like how original the name is. Seeing as how it's just Ash And Gary

But with letters switched for Gary's name.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
If this hack goes to like Hoenn and Sinnoh are you going to put something in that allows Ash to change outfits?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey, metapod23, I made a set of new Ash backsprites for my hack, but they'll only be used in a small portion of it.

Would you like to use them in AshGray as a shared resource?

Can I see them? You can PM me if you like. Thanks for the offer. :)

Years
hey im playing beta 2-1 of this rom bt when i try to get out of my room in the beginning my mom comes to me saying i have to sleep for some more time as it is only 11'o clock wat should i do??

Back