• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Is the Bp to gain for the tutorial as well?
I like it how they provide us with a sneak peak into the tournament before the post game, it gives us something to look forward to.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I got like 1BP |: But yeah you get something.

@Aquarius1997

Yes, each person has their own theme if they have one outside of the PWT. For the rival, it had his theme. For Cheren, it had his personal gym battle theme. For SwirlyCurl, he had his theme as well, I think. I love the background for the battle too, all the lights and stuff.

I wonder if Blue gets his Champion theme, or just the generic Kanto mix.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I feel like there's no turning back now, and all future generations will have PWT. It would be a downer if they didn't.

Years
I wonder if they'll do an international player world tournament like they are with the Japanese players. It'll be nice to face off in tournament mode with people within one's nation if not the world.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wow interesting how GF intends to make this AWESOME
Just wait to generation six is announced

Oh do you all think that generation six will have the PWT

I think this is a B2W2 exclusive actually. Seems like after this they'll go back to the frontier or something!

Also yeah it is a bit strange that there's no e4 members but they are probably busy doing their important jobs.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Does it strike anyone else as strange that we have Gym Leaders and Champions, but no Elite 4 members involved here?

I feel like they aren't as iconic. I have to think hard to remember E4 members, but I can list any gym leader immediately. But I do wonder what stopped them from it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I agree with Haseyo. In every game the Champion has be pretty interactive with the player, while the Elite Four have just been cooped up in the Pokemon League (barring Flint, of course). However, I think if they had more of an impact on the games, we may have seen a little more of them. Personally, I like them not being in the tournament, though.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I also discovered the Move Relearner whatever person (Heart Scale person) is at the bottom-left stand outside at the PWT.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
The World Tournament sounds like an awesome idea - it's one that I've actually wanted from a Pokemon game for a long time

Years
They always give the E4 no real role the only one's really seen outside were Lucian and Flint in Gen IV...
I wish thay had put them in the tournament it would've been fun to see them all together. It could've severed as an intermediate between them gyms and the champions.

Years
It would've been funny to see Agatha and the ground gym leader from Sinnoh together in tournament. Most who don't know who they are would think they're twins with a burial theme ghost (dead) and ground (bury).

Still no mention of Red's team. One team he could have all three starters and another the other three.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I HAVE ALL THE FEELINGS FOR THE WORLD TOURNAMENT. I originally thought it was just going to be a couple of gym leaders, the champions, and Akuroma (is that how you spell it asdfjkl D;) but I've heard that it's every gym leader and Champion from the past games. Minus Koga, for some odd reason. I guess it was because he was made an E4 in G/S/C, poor Koga

AND THEN RED SJD:LKFHSDLKFJEIFO:EWFHESGHFEWOIHF:EISFJEWGHEJFOWFKSDESJWIFHKS:DGHSDL call me a nostalgiafag but I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ASDFJKL. So glad they decided to put Red in <3 I am a little disappointed at the teams only being three pokemon. Guess it's to fit in with the Battle Frontier/Subway, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
What teams do we know so far?

I didn't keep track of the PWT.

Drayden: Haxorus, Altaria & Druddigon
Brycen: Cryogonal, Dewgong & Vanilluxe
Shizui: Jellicent, Mantine, Wailord
Green(Blue) - Machamp, Arcanine, Exeggutor
Alder - Volcarona, Chandelure, Reuniclus
Steven - Metagross, Archeops, Excadrill
Cynthia - Garchomp, Togekiss, Roserade
Alder (another set, they seem to use three of a random selection) - Volcarona, Braviary, Conkeldurr
Lance - Dragonite, Flygon, Kingdra

Those are all that have been released so far.
Hopefully we'll be getting a lot more soon.

Years
My guess is the triplets will proably have the same team they used in the match between them and the player post game.

If the Pokemon are random than we'll need a list of the possible Pokemon they can use.
I like that they bought back Cynthia's Togekiss, and Roserade for the tournament.

Years
Does it strike anyone else as strange that we have Gym Leaders and Champions, but no Elite 4 members involved here?

Well somebody has to hold down the fort while the Champions are away, so that's the most likely reason I can think of. Plus, as others already mentioned, they aren't as iconic and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back