• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Oops. 0_o

Well, I'll be editing that. I didn't read the banlist carefully enough, I'd imagine. And yes, actually, Achan could have used two copies worth of Royal Decree, but he thinks it's too much like something Tacey would play for him to consider using it. Besides, his deck supports Trap Jammer since it uses Wanderer's two most useful abilities: Card Drawing and spell recursion. (Oh man, I feel like this build is actually... playable.) Anyway, to make sacrifices for the character, I tossed in two Wandering Shinobi instead of PoA or Premature Burial, and added shield crush instead of Nobleman to further expand on Achan's theme of refusing to use Royal monsters. (Hmm... maybe he needs a run-in with the Anarchists... XD)

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
As much as I'll love to help you in being an adult who pretends to be a child playing a children's card game, I simply don't know how to roleplay, really (like really, how do you interact with anyone but NPC without controlling them to certain extents as well? makes no sense to me.) Too used to story writing instead of just roleplay I guess... Um, I'll mentally support you all in this role play for children's card game?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Read posts by AE to get a clue of that. It takes talent to roleplay, and you need a slightly different mindset then when you're writing a story, but I think the two forms are closely enough interrelated that you can take some of what you use in one and pull it over to the other. Plus, roleplaying teaches you how to write characters well and definitely helps you in characterization, so you'd probably be fairly good at it, Frosty. XD

And Achan and I are about the same age, so I'm not pretending to be a child, come to think of it.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
like really, how do you interact with anyone but NPC without controlling them to certain extents as well?

Where there is a will, there is a way, though of course it helps to have a character like Tacey who loves to babble on without letting the other get a word in edgewise. xD But yeah, the best way to learn the ropes on that one is to just look at those zero-control RP posts and see how it's done there. This is something better learned by practice than lecture. ^.^

Oh, and just as a reminder for myself so I don't bungle up the next post the duel between Tacey and Pegasus currently stands like so:

Tacey
8000 LP

Hand: Royal Double, White Magician Pikeru, Judgment of the Princesses, Coronation of the Princesses
Field: Bountiful Artemis (Attack position), Royal Sharpshooter (Attack Position), Negate Attack (Face-down, obviously), Court of Nobles (Face-up)
Graveyard: Magic Drain, Hammer Shot, Harvest Angel of Wisdom, Princess Curran, Royal Emissary

Pegasus
2900 LP

Hand: 1 card
Field: 3 Goat Tokens (Defense Position), Manga World (Face-up), 1 face-down Spell or Trap
Graveyard: Toon Table of Contents, Cyber Toon Dragon, Toon Harpie, Dark World Dealings, Toonborn Frog, Scapegoat

It's not looking too good for Pegasus but he's feeling smug about the whole situation and it's his turn. Who will win? Place your bets now. xD

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Oh, definitely Pegasus. If it were me, it would be, anyway. I can't resist complete turnarounds, which makes really dueling hard for me. This is why I like Achan's new deck so much: I don't have to yell "LIMIT BREAK OMGTBBQSAUCE!" every time he gets into a corner. XD

Anyway, can't see how Pegasus is gonna turn this around, but I can't wait to watch. This is so exciting! :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I have no idea what is the stats for Toon Harpie, but I'll guess that they follow the trends of toon monsters how their atk/def will always be identical to their real counterpart. If that's the case, then Toon Harpie must have destroyed Harvest Angel of Wisdom using an effect similar to that of Newdoria. Being an effect, Harvest Angel of Wisdom's effect will not activate.

The only way for that move to work is if Toon Harpie's effect is to increase her own attack power in whatever means until it is also 1800, or decrease Harvest Angel of Wisdom down to 1300, then they are destroyed by battle.

Hard to guess if Pegasus can pull through because nobody have any bloody idea what sort of effects the new Toon monsters can do, or what are the other effects of Manga World. For all we know, he can pull out a Toon Sniper and completely destroy Taceys' field... or whatever new cards AE want to make ;p

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
But as I recall, AE has posted most if not all of these Toon monsters in the Make Your Card thread, so we could probably go back and look them up if we wanted. XD

Anyway, I'm guessing a massive Toon Support field. Maybe something to pull Pegasus's toon supports that he's already tossed from the graveyard to his hand? I'll post so we can see it sometime soon.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Actually, I gave Toon Harpie the same stats as Cyber Harpie Lady (1800/1300, as I recall), so it's a clean draw battle. And yes, I do know that Harvest Angel only gets his effect by battle. ;3

As for the battle, Pegasus just drew...

Spoiler:

IC coming up. ^^

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Aww... I'm sorry that I couldn't remember whether Toonborn Frog jumped back from the graveyard after being discarded from the hand, but I knew that if it did, it was tribute time. BEWTU officially gets my nomination for "Best Toon Beatstick EVER". Anyway, my duel predictions are right, so either I'm good at reading foreshadowing or I'm better at predicting duels. Though I've got to say, I never noticed Tacey's deck's weakness to monsters that don't get destroyed by card effects before. Drat, now I wish I had invented Harogigas sooner... XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
What deck isn't weak to cards that are immune to all card effects with a 4500 atk power stuck on it? Tell me that >>; Hardly any...

Only Skill Drain, Destiny Hero Plasma, and Creature Swap can handle a card like that. (Creature Swap works, because it's not affecting it directly, the same reason how you can swap to steal Horus lv 6). No character in this role play has either of those, so Pegasus will always win as long as he can protect manga world and if he has his ultimate toon dragon out.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmm... well, that's why they made Skill Drain, I suppose. Anyway, it's not often you see one with massive attack points like that. Harogigas, I suppose, is the economy version what with Dark Dragon support cards, horribly unbalanced though some of them are. Anyway, the reason decks are vulnerable to things like that is they don't often see play since they aren't all that fast compared to other monsters, and consequently we don't think about them often. It could all be remedied if we had a reliable, easy to throw down Blue-Eyes substitute.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Actually, the serious weak of Tacey's deck is the same that all Counter Fairy builds that don't run Meltiel suffer from; dealing with cards that are already on the field. Sure, Emissary can pound down any low-level beatsticks and Hammer Shot handles a few of the bigger ones, but continuous spells and traps are a big issue. (Note how only that lone MST can deal with them; that's what inspired me to create Royal Magician, you know.) As for Ultimate Toon...yeah, your best bet is to swing for Manga/Toon World and swing hard. I figured that the toons could use their own god card, though in all honesty it would be a lot more challenging to play if I hadn't thrown in Toon Parade. Pretty much every deck has a weak against Ultimate Toon once it gets out; it's the summoning you should prevent. ;3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Harogigas is a ritual summon. If you decided not to stop the ritual spell, you actually can't stop the summon (refer to how solemn judgment works against advanced ritual art. You can't stop Demise if you decide not to stop advanced ritual art unless Demise does not use priority for some reason.)

Depends on how ultimate toon is summoned... can't future vision cause it's not a real fusion. Seems like it is an omega nomi of doom. Toon Parade is deadly no matter how you look at it. 3 TGAF is doom. 3 TGemini means your hand is doomed. Yeahh...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Agreed on parade, though it pretty much hinges on using Manga World to negate that 'no attacks on the turn you're summoned' restriction. It was meant to be a pretty deus ex machina card anyway. :3

Oh, and for the spot-the-reference: the RL TCG one is right here:

Most of the great American and European duelists don't do it either. There's Jonathan Labounty, Martin Billay-"

Still searching for the abridged one. =O

As for the subs...I got most of them on YouTube (Heh, I said 'tube' *Shot*) and some on Dailymotion, though I watched a couple of the episodes in-between raw, but there's no guarantee that they're there anymore since both sites have joined in on the war on fansubs. >.< Oh, and one of them mentioned the "Janime sub team" which is currently at work with subbing the whole of the fourth season, so you might find something if you google after it. The dub is not even worth waiting for because they're screwing up the whole series with their pathetic attempts at being funny. T_T

Oh, and concerning the duel spirit thing: I always saw Hayato/Chumley as messing up because of his pessimistic attitude rather than a lack of skills. Besides, it could always be explained by him being an uberly card creator of doom, meaning that spirits are drawn to him in search of new homes. :3 Oh, and Sho has seen a spirit, actually; remember that silly Dark Magician Girl filler? ;3 He's not being all 'WTF?!' when Judai and Johan talk to their spirits either. And Ryo has that thing with Cyber End (don't know if it's a duel spirit relation like Judai's, but it was mentioned that Cyber End Dragon chose him) =O

But yeah, it would be completely Manjoume's style to go with an unconfirmed power theory anyway so it's not a big deal. It's your RP and your canon interpretation, after all. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
AE, he plays a Koala deck. He stinks.

Anyway, moving on from there, I'll show you the abridged series reference since you were kind enough to point it out yourself. "Martin Billay" is LittleKuriboh's real name. XD

Alright, so now for some plot speculation. I've been wondering whether or not it would be against Judai's style to split his E-Heroes and Neo-Spacians into two separate decks in order to solidify his strategy. (My take on the current one is that he's mellowed our a bit and become less of a hothead since turning pro, but he hasn't lost any of his optimism and his worldview hasn't changed much). So, would it be ridiculously out of character to give him a working deck, for once?

Oh, and I have an announcement: I have decided that the King of Games will not be...

Spoiler:

In more interesting plot speculation, I'm going to ask when you're going to introduce your NPCs formally, AE. Are you waiting for an evil villain appearance, or what?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
That's no fair. I didn't even know Little Kuriboh's real name. I did recognize Labounty, though. xD

And ACC, Judai plays an E-Hero/Neo-Spacian/Random newly released monster card deck with Winged Kuriboh in it, Manjoume does Armed Dragon/Chthonian/XYZWV/Ojama with a random Despair from the Dark and Flying Kamakiri #2 (oddly enough, always used as discard fodder), Asuka has a Ritual/Fusion deck where her strongest non-tribute monster is freakin' Blade Skater without a single stall card and only one very crappy ritual searcher to her name. All things considered, Hayato's singular beast theme is one of the more consistent decks around. I mean, at least he has some search effects in there (Wild Trail and that ant-eater thingie whose name I forgot, standard recruiter for the beast type) and runs multiple copies of something. =O

As for Yudai's deck situation...well, he'll have to run Neos and Stratos is a given for anything that wants to get a specific E-Hero out, so a pure Neo-Spacian deck is out of the question anyway. *Shrug* It sort of goes against Judai's nature to make a backup plan, but maybe the whole Yubel phase could have made him mature a bit, so if you want two decks; go right ahead. I'm sure as heck going to split up Manjoume's thematic mess of a deck, probably one for his alphabet soup monsters and one modified Oja Machinegun wherein I substitute the missing Snipe Hunters with Furnace Dragon. :3

Concerning Tacey vs Achan...that is a question best left for later. Tacey would really not be able to get over a loss like that (And then she'd probably pull a Kaiba and start up Battle City number two just to prove that she's the better duelist. xD), though there would be some poetic justice in letting her lose. A draw would be fun too. Hmm...we'll see what time brings, eh? ;3

Finally, on my NPCs. Well, I was actually planning on having them spring a little scheme at the beginning of the second round (Domino City would suit Haruko even better, but I'm not that patient. x3) since that is when duel outcomes start mattering again...which would add a little importance to the children's card games that would have to ensue. Plus, I'm still trying to decide whether I should give Haruko a Storm monster deck like I originally intended or if I should come up with a line of sickeningly cute little monsters for her to use. Or possibly a Rescue Cat OTKO? Decisions, decisions...xD Besides, I thought you already had plot content for America? O=

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I couldn't tell you if Achan or Tacey would win, anyway. Achan's so worked up over this thing he's pretty much forgotten why he entered the tournament in the first place, so it's not like he's going to be any less emotional if she wins. I have to say, a draw is tempting but working around a plot wrinkle like that is giving me a kink. I say we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. XD

Well, there's always the option of giving Judai a separate Yubel deck, though he hasn't actually used its card since becoming fused with it. (I keep wanting to call Yubel a her, dangit, but its cursed hermaphrodism is messing with me. >.<)

Weel, suppose I'll be playing Judai with Big City/Neo-Space hybrid. I wish I had come up with more made-up card links now.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Live, OOC thread, LIVE! *CPR*

Ahem, anyways...yeah, I suppose having a draw game would sort of make the whole king of games thing weird. Unless of course they get so wrapped up in plot that the finals are never held (or, optionally, one of them loses and the other goes to face the big bad in the finals, after which they have a duel to determine who's really better). Ah well, those are musings for a later day, I suppose. :3

Anyway, I wanted to ask: are you controlling Miseres or what? 'Cause if she's going to be hanging around Tacey, I think she should speak up or at least react eventually. I mean, I've just been making her get out-blabbered for now, but she'll have to speak up or react eventually. =O

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
No, not at all, actually. I was kind of hoping that you would take the reins. I did bunny her for one simple action, to show that Achan can feel the presence of duel spirits when they interact with him but cannot actually see or hear them. Anyway, moving on from that, in the lack of further plot development I've thrown in another wrinkle. Duelists, which is probably the worst musical ever written since Springtime for Hitler, is the story of Yugi's conquest of Duelist Kingdom, by the way. Hits include "Everyone Hates Mako", "Anzu and the Pharoah", "My Cards Will Go On", and "The Incredibly Bad Song of Duelist Traditions", which Armstrong sings random lines from. Anyway, the musical could result in hilarity now that Manjoume is trapped inside the theatre and Tacey and Achan are stuck in the box office. (Well, Tacey anyway.) So go on and do the whole thing. :3

Oh, and Miseres's personality was originally intended to be a bit childlike and naive, but you can change that a bit if you so desire.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Heh, well I tried to go for a real little kid personality with Miseres here (meaning she spends most of her time bothering someone and only answers in short, simple sentences). Hope that fits. xD

Anyways...*Sniffs air after latest post* do I smell children's card games? Children's card games for Tacey, maybe? >D Oh, and I'm not quite sure what Manjoume should be up to at the moment. Since he's connected to the ojamas, I assume that he still can't get through the barrier, right? Well, I'll just sort of leave him hanging for now. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back