• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Family Bloodlines

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I happen to view family bloodlines as sub-species of humans, because every gene held by certain groups is unique. However, such like the endangered sub-species of animals, some bloodlines are being threatened by a decline in first-world countries. People are choosing the single life, unaware that they're jeopardizing the existence of their whole family bloodline if they don't find a partner and start a family. What if the individual became the last surviving member of his/her family but suddenly chose to stay single. If he/she dies alone, then that bloodline goes extinct. Every bloodline is precious to me, and I'll feel really upset to see any of them wiped out of existence, which is why I'm actively searching for a relationship to not only find someone I could be together with, but also preserve our bloodlines from going extinct. I'll all of you this: do you guys care about your own family bloodlines or not?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
While it is true that all creatures are meant to reproduce for the sake of not becoming extinct because survival of the fittest, we humans have developed such an advanced conscious that it's almost like we're rebelling against the norm. Instead of having a male and female together to reproduce, more and more humans are born with the affection of the same sex and so reproduction is impossible. Many humans feel that the single life is better suited for them and so reproduction is impossible there too.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me all that much because there are still plenty of humans that like the opposite gender and plan to have children. I'm not one of them. I like woman as much as the next straight male but I'm not sure about having a child yet. I'm the only son my father has but my father doesn't seem so disappointed about not having a grandchild to continue the family name.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm not sure if I should be mixing bloodlines and last names into the same thing but oh well. As mentioned, you have families/parties that may not be able to have/may not want children. But at the same time, if they do want children, they can adopt a child who takes on their last name and can continue the line (by name). But what about female children? They will, quite often in marriage, take the last name of a male partner, continuing the bloodline, but not the last name. So in some cases where the bloodline is in danger, the family name is not, and vice versa.

Idk if it's relevant, it's just in most cases I've heard of people concerned about continuing the family name, not necessarily the bloodline. Just food for thought.

Years
So many descendants can be traced back to the same individual living hundreds of years earlier, erasing an entire blood line doesn't seem likely. As mentioned above, family name is a bit different. I have no attachment to either, personally.

Years
I don't think most bloodlines are noteworthy, because most people aren't really noteworthy. Besides, bloodlines mix every generation, so whatever stock you could be proud of now would be dilute just a few generations past.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Well everyone from Europe is a decendent from Charlemagne, so wiping out a bloodline is hard. Nobodies bloodline really ends. The problem is when famous historical figures don't have living descendents. That's when most peole start to think about bloodlines. As an example, Lincoln's bloodline is extinct, but his dad's isn't. Only last names can really disapear.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Not too much, although I do have interesting family history.

My dad's side of the family is shrouded in mystery. All we know is that he's English. Both of his parents were orphans.

My mom's side is a lot more straightforward. One side of her is descended from some pretty interesting Scots, the other was a Lord in England (I don't know much about him though). Also there's a little hungarian in me as well, sort of a sidenote though.

In short, I'm pretty much purebred British Isles nonsense.

Fun fact: Most of my family could not have owned slaves in the last 400 years. The only part that could, the Scottish dudes, were staunch abolitionists and never owned slaves. So yeah, when people claim that my family owned slaves, I have genealogical proof that such a claim isn't true.

Back