• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2011
This game never works for me... And I saw this on GBATemp!! :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
Phew, Straiton and Nacrene down, both were tough, especially Striaton, with only a few pokemon capable of handling water types early on, and that darn Acrobatics killed my Pansage.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
lol I just traded all my legendaries over, screw the whole 1% thing, I'll stick with normal version

Though Drayano should add the AR codes that let you face all the Black City trainers at will to his readme. If he doesn't know the codes I can send them to him. The battles are fun and alot of people will miss out on them w/o the codes. Especially in the non-legendary version, though facing a LV 100 Arceus is like a pretty fun boss battle

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Ehhh D:

Still having the black screen problem, if anyone could help, I'd love you forever. ;o;

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
What are you having the problem on? DS or Emulator? If so, which emulator? And what are you using to patch?

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I've tried all of the patches on a clean rom but when i use xdelta it either says that an unhandled exception has occurred or freezes up and does nothing and when I use the UPS patcher it says that the checksum is invalid.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2011
Ye me too, I've tried all the patches on several different clean roms, and nothing happens. Sometimes it even says patch applied succesful with the UPS patcher, but then nothing actually happened.

Years
Ehhh D:

Still having the black screen problem, if anyone could help, I'd love you forever. ;o;

if your not using desmume emulator, use it. it doesnt have the problems with the 5th games that no$gba has, apart from the glitch where you dont get exp, but this hack seems to clear that problem up.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Would I be able to patch this to a DSTT card? I've been in the market for a new Card to play my hacks since my R4 broke years ago, and want to make sure I can play this on it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Why do I get an error message "You cant use these pokemon to battle online" or something like that?

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Is there a list of where to find Pokemon?
I'm doing an LP of this ATM and it would be nice to know ahead of time.

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
Years
Okay, I've decided I'm gonna stop updating Blaze Black and Volt White, so I'll just leave it at 1.2. Too much hassle to update with about six different patches to make every time, plus I really should actually focus on my academics...

There's also the fact I'm beginning to dislike some of my own changes (in particular the really high levels. ~90s seems somehow 'untidy' to me, but meh.) There's also the fact some other changes I'd like to make could do with an overall rebuild anyway. Hex editing is becoming outdated for Gen V now!

I updated the download links to be a bit simpler; I chose to eliminate the xdelta patches, as well as adding Hatchetball's usrcheat thingy in and rearranging the folders to be neater.

Anyone having patching problems now has a solution in the form of a direct ROM download. I've uploaded the Blaze Black Legendary Regular version, which you'll find the link to on a certain video site (seeing as I can't post it here.)

---

Itzmesonicx - No idea, sorry.

Onmi - Doesn't work on DSTT yet, though I've heard it may soon.

adelsmud - That'll be because the Pokémon are only legal in the space of the hack. As far as Nintendo's server checks go, they're still illegal in terms of ability, movesets and other things. Also, the encounter changes were done with a hex editor.

MajjinVegeta - Wrong thread.

Zef - There's a wild list included with the download.

Itzmesonicx

Silver's The Name
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
umm

Okay, I've decided I'm gonna stop updating Blaze Black and Volt White, so I'll just leave it at 1.2. Too much hassle to update with about six different patches to make every time, plus I really should actually focus on my academics...

There's also the fact I'm beginning to dislike some of my own changes (in particular the really high levels. ~90s seems somehow 'untidy' to me, but meh.) There's also the fact some other changes I'd like to make could do with an overall rebuild anyway. Hex editing is becoming outdated for Gen V now!

I updated the download links to be a bit simpler; I chose to eliminate the xdelta patches, as well as adding Hatchetball's usrcheat thingy in and rearranging the folders to be neater.

Anyone having patching problems now has a solution in the form of a direct ROM download. I've uploaded the Blaze Black Legendary Regular version, which you'll find the link to on a certain video site (seeing as I can't post it here.)

---

Itzmesonicx - No idea, sorry.

Onmi - Doesn't work on DSTT yet, though I've heard it may soon.

adelsmud - That'll be because the Pokémon are only legal in the space of the hack. As far as Nintendo's server checks go, they're still illegal in terms of ability, movesets and other things. Also, the encounter changes were done with a hex editor.

MajjinVegeta - Wrong thread.

Zef - There's a wild list included with the download.

I Got it fixed also there is an error just to let you know when im in pinwheel forest there is a ranger right after Team plasma grunt2 and when he battle you it has an error and i accidently pressed i and it saved there so i had to restart

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
Also having trouble. I'm only finding Lv 2 Lillipups on Rt 1. I used both the pre-patched version on YouTube, and the patch here and a clean Black Rom.
Do you know why that is?
And when I tried to re-patch it, it says there was some kind of CHKSUM fail.
You should really edit something very obviously noticable from the start. Like, if you can change sprites, alter at least the standing sprite of both main heros, in a way that'll tip you off immediately. Because nothing has been different. Like, literally nothing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Just wanted to post my thanks for an awesome hack. Really enjoying it, haven't encountered any problems so far (5 badges in), and the increased difficulty level has been great.

Years
I looked at this thread and whoever started this must be a hacking and emulator expert. I like all the edits you have made (such as all Pokemon being easily accessible). Having all the Pokemon easily obtainable is cool. Good work!

I've got a clean BW American ROM but I need to know the instructions (the upload keeps failing) I have everything downloaded. Please help because it keeps saying my input file is not valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
LOL I found an Arceus at P2 Laboratory...does that mean one of the others ie Genesect and Mewtwo aren't there?

Back