• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen How many times have you replayed HGSS?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've played Heartgold twice and Soulsilver twice as well which totals four times overall. They've all been replayed for probably the same reasons given in my D/P/Pt post, generally I replayed since I enjoyed trying out various teams, reliving memories and battling familiar trainers again. I also used to occassionally forget what I was doing so a few resets were caused by that as well. XD

Years
I've never replayed SoulSilver, probably because I have a huge collection of Pokemon on my current file that I don't want to lose.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I had never played Heart Gold more than once and couldn't finish Soul Silver because I had no time and I had already played Gold a number of times. TBH never.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have only fully completed it about...twice (as in beating Red). I hate the Kanto part of the game, even in the originals, so yeah. lol I've played the Johto part probably...at least 10 times. Maybe more. And this is considerably less than RSE, BW, and FRLG.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Let's see, I played as the male once and as the female at least two times, yeah? really sad I can't remember haha ;p;. I have only completed Kanto's gyms one time. I never defeated Red in these sequels. I just go straight for the breeding/training post-game.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
5 times and counting (: HGSS are my favorites, and its the only one of the games where no matter how many times I play, I still love it. (Emerald is also a game that I restart often for the same reason.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I replayed SS once for a challenge that I did a while back. I played as the boy again because the girl just looks completely horrible if you ask me.

Years
I beat Red twice in HeartGold and i've done multiple challenges in SoulSilver. I can't really count the number of times i've replayed these games to be honest!

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
Years
I am surprised by how many people have only replayed it twice. I still have the ss that I got the day it came out, so I probably played the entire game through 20 time, this doesn't count how many times I have restarted it but how many times I have completed it. This was my only game for about 2 years, so I would always just play it again, not I am so tiered of it, the only reason that I get on it is to trade with people.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I've played SoulSilver through twice because I sold my original game and then bought another because I missed it ;-;

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
10+ at least. I prefer this game to platinum, which im on my 3rd playthrough, and my diamond has all my Pokes on them, so not replaying that. I like to do Nuzlockes and other challenges on Heartgold, but my god,doing Clair on a nuzlocke is hell ifyou don;t get a ice in the ice path

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I replayed SS only once but I only reached like Cherrygroove City and then stopped...
On the other hand I did replay Gold and Silver about 5 times so I guess I'm pretty fed up with Johto storyline...

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I've honestly lost count! I feel like the pokemon that follow behind you gives the game endless replay value. I just pick 6 pokemon I've never played through with before and start the game up from the start with all of their lowest forms. It's so much fun! it gives the game a whole new experience so I just keep playing through it! I love it! Gonna go for a mono type run through it soon!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have never replayed HGSS actually. I don't like replaying games alot cause of all the progress I've made on those games and Pokemon I've caught is too special for me to lose. Sure I could transfer them to another game, though I rather keep them in the original game file and transferring a whole bunch of Pokemon is a hassle and takes forever.

Years
Aside from Sapphire, I can't even recall the last time I played through a Pokemon game more than once, and HeartGold was no exception. I much prefer to keep all of my old Pokemon on my original file, and just try and train some of my other Pokemon up to beat the Elite Four rather than starting all over again.

Back