• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype noticed Charmeleon running beside him. ["Kehehe. Fast aren't ya?"] Snype said, giving off a confident smirk toward her and running slightly ahead of her. Charmeleon sure had a competitive spirit in her that was for sure. Snype liked that alot in her.

Mark watched as Snype ran ahead of him and began to Jog on. He decided to take the hint and began to jog with the group as well. "Well you heard Val! Faster we move the faster we get there!" Mark said confidently. Dratini was still wrapped around him so he took it a bit slower then usual.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri looked at Sel.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that," Bri said. He watched Vince take off running with his Charmeleon. Then Mark went jogging past. He hated it, but he had never been any good at sports. This was not helping things. Thyme watched his expression very carefully. She was worried about him. He was not very happy. She wasn't sure if he was going to turn around and head back to the dorm or not. That girl, Selene, if Thyme remembered right, was wrong. It had nothing to do with his ego. He was just ashamed that he was slowing everybody down. Well, ok, the bit about being carried was a blow to his ego, but he really didn't care. At least, not from what Thyme could tell.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Sel was made up at Valorie's offer - and somewhat tickled given the height difference between them - and paused thoughtfully when Valorie said that Sel could repay the favour after they had eaten. Oddly, what had initially started as a laugh and joke was sounding more and more appealing...especially seeing as her feet were beginning to hurt having already trekked up a mountain earlier that day.

"Hmm...would that not slow us up though?" she asked Valorie, very close to accepting the offer as she thought about it more. She just didn't want to slow the group down...although if Valorie believed she could handle it, who was she to disagree?!

Her mind was made up as Vince ran alongside her, slowing and offering to carry her along with three pokemon who were already on his back. With a grin, Sel leapt onto Valorie's back, turning to Vince. "Ahh...thank you for the offer you big sweetie, but I wouldn't want to add to your load," she smiled at him, the same teasing tone in her voice as she'd picked up in his.

Laughing as Valorie hissed /You're not that big!/ she shook her head. "No no! I don't think I'm fat...exactly..." she clarified lightly, "of course not. I mean sure I could use to lose a few pounds and my legs could be better and don't even get me started on my ears or nose...but everyone has those thoughts about their own bodies...right?" she was a bit worried now. She didn't want a throwaway comment to be interpreted as a symptom of body dysmorphia or something...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie nearly stumbled a bit when Selene jumped on her back. On top of that, she suddenly became aware that humans are freaking heavy! She could feel the strength in her legs rapidly leaving. She promptly slowed down. She had a backup plan to make this work.

"Well, I can't say we'd win a race, but watch this cool trick Dratini can do!... Dratini!"

Valorie sounded pretty strained, but called Dratini, who suddenly lurked up, looking around before hovering away from Mark and over to Valorie. She peered up at Valorie curiously.

"H-Hey. Can y'help me out a bit?"

Dratini seemed to get it after a moment. Selene would feel an ever so slightly weird sensation as Dratini began using her telekinetic powers to help lift her. Of course, Dratini powers were not strong enough to actually lift Selene, but rather they simply contracted some of the gravity so that Selene weighed a lot less to Valorie. Abruptly Valorie felt the strength returning to her legs. She reached behind her and linked her arms with Selenes legs to make sure she didn't fall off and took off at jogging speed, totally winking at Vincent. That was her way of bragging about her strength. The thing was Valorie was only 4'10 or so. It might look slightly odd to see her successfully carrying someone significantly taller than her.

After a moment she looked back where she was going.

"Told'ya I could manage!~"

She might seem to be bragging a bit, though there was also a joking undertone.

Meanwhile, Charmeleon was a very fast pokemon. She could easily outspeed even Dratini. However, she was a bit tired from the battle earlier.

Charmeleon: "You're lucky I don't know /Flame Charge/! Then I'd be leaving a trail of dust to follow!"

SelenaStar

Years
"You sure?" asked Sel nervously as Valorie insisted that she was okay - Sel wasn't so sure...she'd definitely felt a wobble as though her weight was putting Valorie under too much strain, and she was near certain that the effort was reflected in a strained-sounding appeal to her Dratini, who floated over looking curious. Sel frowned slightly - Dratini was beautiful and all but how would extra weight help...ah.

She then felt a strange weightlessness take over her body - not as though she'd been trapped in a zero-gravity chamber - but more like someone had just drained half of her body weight out of her feet. Sel wasn't quite sure what to make of this...she felt as though any movement, if it was ever so slightly too sudden or quick would snap a body part.

"Umm...thanks Dratini!! Helping out your Auntie Sel!" she said brightly, the whole Dratini-thinking-that-Mark-was-her-Father-and-Valorie-was-her-Mother thing completely slipping her mind for a moment before Ryan sighed and put his head in his hand. 'Chu...' he almost grunted, and Sel could tell from his expression that the Pikachu was grimacing...then it hit her. She winced and looked down at Valorie.

"Oops...sorry...I didn't want to add to Dratini's f-a-m-i-l-y d-r-a-m-a," she apologised to Valorie, spelling out the words and hoping Dratini wouldn't follow and ask too many questions... "I completely forgot..." she hoped that because she and Dratini hadn't interacted too much that her words wouldn't sink into her mind - after all, it was pretty obivous that she wasn't Valorie's sister...she just hoped Dratini could see it as logically as that.

As they jogged past Vince, Sel smirked over at him and threw him the peace sign. "Girl power all the way, eh Vincey?" she laughed as Valorie kept on jogging. "You're doing good!" she praised her, "You're doing better than I anticipated I must admit, what with the teeny tiny height difference and all!"

Nideous

Years
Bri was completely left behind when Sel leapt on Val's back and they ran off. He and Thyme both laughed at this. They looked so crazy! It would be like Bri trying to carry Vince! But they somehow pulled it off. He sighed and shook his head, still laughing. He was getting left behind, but that was fine. He wasn't sure how to fix this anway. So he tried to keep up as best he could, but was failing miserably.
"You want to just head home?" Thyme asked kindly.
"No, I want to stay with my friends," Bri said. He slowed to a walk again. He just couldn't run that far.

Dawn

Years
The town loomed not far in the distance, its occupants unaware of the young students racing there. Chances were that Charmeleon, Snype, and any of the other pokemon racing competitively would get there first. With Dratini helping to make Selene weight more like a heavy backpack Valorie was capable of running, though it was still major exercise for her. Dratini was trying her best, floating along with them, yet she had to save some of that power for moving. Perhaps once she got more training she would be able to extend her telekinetic powers more. Would she retain them once she evolved? Valorie silently recalled a picture she had observed whim studying Dratini and its evolution. It seemed based on Dragonair appearance she would need those powers, but she couldn't be sure. Dragonite had wings, but they were so tiny! She questioned a Dragonites ability to fly with them alone. Chances were these powers were not about to disappear.

Then Selene implied that she was Valories sister by referring to herself as Dratini aunt. Valorie thought about this, though it was hard to think when she was getting such a good workout. Sister? She was an only child. She had heard sisters fight a lot. That didn't seem like her relationship with Selene. Yet, unlike with Mark, the thought of having a sister was not embarrassing. Everyone had siblings, right?! Except, y'know, Valorie. Her thoughts were interrupted as she noticed she was passing Vincent. She hadn't been expecting she could run /that/ fast! Selene made a comment about girl power to Vincent and Valorie snickered, smiling at Vincent briefly. She wondered if he was holding back. She decided he probably was. She didn't have a whole lot of faith in her athletic prowess despite the fact that there wasn't a whole lot against her except for a lack of training in the area.

She had become aware that Vincent owned a Deino. Being from Unova and a big dragon fanatic herself she was pretty aware of the pokemon, its name, and its physiology. She couldn't help but wonder how Vincent managed to train such a pokemon. Deino were not only completely blind but as a direct result of their blindness they tended to feel their way around by biting and slamming into things. That being said, they were absurdly aggressive even as babies, unlike say Dratini who was calm and sweet under normal conditions. she wondered if Vincents Deino might be even more rash than Charmeleon. It was hard for her to imagine. To be fair. Charmeleon was very good at following orders as long as she was kicking something's butt, she just seemed to have trouble with getting too irritated at small things. She noted to ask him about his Deino later.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent smirked as Val and Sel moved passed them. He then looked to Blitz who was running next to him and shook his head. It was time for them to move it he wanted to get first dibs on what flavor of smoothie he was wanted, don't want to get there and all the good flavors be gone.

"Hey Blitz think you'll be able to keep up?" Xack asked his Charmeleon as he began to speed up. Blitz shook his head and Vincent then looked to his pokemon resting on his shoulder to make sure they'd be able to stay on.

Dyno then let out a little roar and then bit Vincent's ear which set and Blitz off. The two then began running much faster than they had started. Dyno held onto Vince's ear in his mouth as a motivator to keep moving fast or I'll bite off your ear.

"See ya laddies," Vincent said as he dashed past Valorie and Selene. He then started run even fast mainly to push Blitz's abilities. Xack was surprised Blitz was still with him after they had past everyone. He then sped up even faster to see if Blitz could handle it.

"Keep moving Blitz we're almost there!" Vincent said as he sped up even more. He then could feel Terra and Wattage grabbing hold of him even harder so they wouldn't fall off. When they reached Synpe and Valories Charmeleon Blitz couldn't help himself but let out a puff of flames mainly to say that he was going to get there first. Blitz then started running faster than Vincent.

"Alright Blitz! Keep running like that and your speed should increase in no time pal!" Xack exclaimed as he ran up next to his Charmeleon.

SelenaStar

Years
"Yeah, we're nearly there!" exclaimed Sel happily, nearly leaping up and down until she remembered that she was on Valorie's back - probably not a good idea to start moving vigorously now...Sel was quietly surprised that Valorie was still managing to run with her on her back. Sure, Dratini was helping to hold her up but she must've still weighed a less-than-comfortable amount on Val's back for her to run with.

As Vince passed them with a "see ya ladies," Sel tutted and shook her head. What a show-off...although he could run pretty damn fast, especially considering he had pokemon on his shoulders and head...that alone would impede the movement of a runner enough to slow him down, particularly the pokemon on either shoulder, but Vince seemed to be doing well. She thought of inviting him to go jogging on the beach with her and Valorie, that was assuming Valorie was still up for the new regime. Back home, Sel had been a keen runner and she figured that she could learn quite a bit and train with Vince, being a proficient runner himself.

As Valorie ran, Sel turned her head to check that Bri and Mark weren't too far behind...she'd have hated for them to have lagged really far behind the group in their rush to get to the town and have their smoothies. It really couldn't be that much further now that it was in sight...

Nideous

Years
Bri had fallen so far behind that he could barely see them. Thankfully, they were near the town. He hoped they would stop running and walk from here. He found his second wind and broke into a run, startling the sleeping Thyme.
"Hey! Wait up! I'm coming!" Bri shouted as he ran, trying to catch up.
"We're nearly there?" she asked. Bri nodded as he ran, and she smiled to herself. Good, she'd have that smoothie in no time!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark noticed Vincent was running ahead of him. Behind him it seemed that Valorie and Selene were having another one of those girl talks as far as he knew. With Dratini off of him, he was able to go at full speed and run past the two girls and start catching up with the more competitive racers. Snype looked up at Mark and gave off a smile.

["Kehehe... Hey seems like more competition entered the field. Well we don't wanna end up last do we?"] Snype said as he ran a bit further ahead signaling Val's Chameleon to catch up. Mark was surprised at how fast Snype was... He eventually ran past Snype and caught up to Vincint and Blitz. He was slightly behind Blitz, He was a really darn fast Charmeleon! Valorie's Charmelon might be able to catch up with them... she was darn fast as well. ["*pant* Howdy! *pant* Names Snype!"] He said, trying to keep up with them.

Dawn

Years
Valorie stumbled a bit but quickly regained her balance. The run was of course pretty hard on her. She was moving fast, but her stamina was getting shot to heck. Luckily, it was almost over. She was hyperventilating and breathing through her mouth, which were totally bad things to do, though the former was involuntary. Valorie glanced at Mark as he ran past.

Meanwhile Trapinch trotted along near behind Bri, ever diligent.

Charmeleon sucked up her exhaustion and let out an overstimulated, competitive roar, simultaneously spewing a light blast of fire up into the air harmlessly, which dissipated quickly after being launched. A man on his front steps was startled by the attack, as if he had suspected it were aimed at him, and gave the pokemon a disapproving look before ducking into his house to avoid any chaos that might ensue.

SelenaStar

Years
Looking down, Sel noticed that Valorie sounded seriously out of puff...her breathing was forced and erratic, and she didn't seem to be able to speak anymore. She didn't want Valorie hurting or pulling an injury just because she was carrying her around, she thought in alarm, tapping Valorie on the shoulder.

"Ummm Valorie...I can go myself from here, you don't sound too good down there..?" she asked tentatively, "and it really isn't too far...don't push it..." Ryan seemed to agree with the statement, leaping down off Selene's shoulder and jumping up excitedly, itching to race the others.

Ryan's agility was his greatest strength, and he loved running and charging around. He looked up at Sel as though asking for permission and when Sel laughed, giving him a small nod he didn't need to ask twice. He charged off down the road, overtaking Valorie and Sel as he did so. Within moments he had sped past Mark and hey eyed Vince and Blitz in front of him, electricity crackling from his cheeks at the perceived challenge. Speeding up, you could hear little 'chu chu chu's as he charged past Vince and Blitz, determined to reach the town first. He was running so quickly that his static was crackling around him, making him glow yellow...just a little further...when Ryan made it to the edge of the Town he leapt into the air, charging himself up and throwing a small Thunderbolt up as if to proclaim his triumph to the group. Sel's face whitened...he was going to get himself captured running off and throwing lightning around like that!! She hadn't expected him to start doing that!!!

She leapt off Valorie, running alongside her for a minute. "Sorry Val, I have to go and get Ryan..." she trailed off, biting her lower lip as she looked towards where Ryan had finished up anxiously. "He's gone charging off...I didn't expect him to go that quickly...and he's started sending shocks up to show us he's arrived, someone's going to notice and try catching him...but I'll see you there yeah? And I'll repay the favour on the way back!" she called as she herself sped off.

Breathing deeply, Selene lengthened her stride as she pelted down the road, waving as she overtook Mark. She leant her body forward as she had been taught, keeping her elbows in and pumping them back and forth in wide swinging motions, minimising any air resistance. She took a wide path past Blaze - she didn't want to get toasted - and threw a salute at Vince with a laugh - they were pretty much at the town already, she could see Ryan in the distance hopping up and down. She growled to herself and charged towards him - stupid mouse...

"RYAN! RYAN YOU GET BACK HERE!" she yelled, and she heard a 'CHUUU' in response. Oh good...Ryan was running towards her, she could make out the features of his face now. She didn't slow up, anxious to get him back on her shoulder as soon as she could...shortly they met mid-way, Ryan leapt into the air and landed on Sel's head as she slowed up her pace somewhat, breathing deeply as she slowed to a light jog, then began walking as she picked Ryan off her head. "Ryan! As if you did that! Are you completely braindead or something?" she scolded him with a frown, but as Ryan tilted his head to the side and let out an adorable 'Chuuu!' she smiled - she couldn't stay mad at him. "Yes you won. Well done, that was incredible. We'll work on that for our next battle," she promised and smiled as Ryan's eyes lit up.

As they arrived in the town, Sel stopped and waited for the others - after all, she had come with them and she didn't know where this smoothie place was. Wincing, she felt her thigh and calf muscles tighten up in protest at that burst of movement...she was still tired from the battle and hadn't warmed up or stetched...but she needed to get Ryan, she told herself as though trying to justify the aches and pains that would undoubtedly follow in her leg muscles, she had no choice.

Nideous

Years
Bri could run no further. He hadn't reached the town yet, but he was close. He walked as fast as he could manage, still breathing hard.
"If, *huff* If there was one thing *puff* One thing I could wish for, *huff* it would be to grow another few inches!" Bri said, still gasping for air. Thyme leapt out of his arms and walked beside him.
"You think that's bad, try being my size!" she said cheekily.
"That's... That's not fair! I've seen how quick you can be!" Bri said after he had almost returned his breathing to normal. He was slightly sad that the others had forgotten about him so fast. They were in some sort of foot race now. His legs hurt, a lot. They were protesting the unexpected running. He wished they would wait for him. But they might not. Thyme looked up at him. She grew tired of walking and climbed on a Trapinch that was headed the same way Bri was.
"Isn't that Valerie's Trapinch?" Bri asked, noticing it for the first time.
"I think so," Thyme said, making herself comfortable on it's back. She might get there last, but she would arrive in style!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye had been way behind them, having been playing with Ellie and figuring they had forgotten he was there. Rama had refused to let her have the bell on. He had claimed she was noisy enough without the dumb bell. Skye had relented, knowing the Zorua was very stubborn about his quiet. Besides, he had a point. Ellie made noise on purpose. Now the Eevee was skipping along, looking excited. She saw Bri and Thyme with a Trapinch. The little Pokemon yelled. "Hi Bri! Hi Thyme!"

Skye winced and covered his ears before scooping up the little fox and running to meet up with Bri. Rama trotted after them, smirking from ear to ear. "God she's so loud..." he muttered, thinking playfully of ways to keep the Eevee quiet. He was not giving her food. That made her worse.

His trainer winced and laughed shakily as he walked up to the younger boy. Bri looked exhausted. Poor guy. "Huh-hi Bri," he said softly. "Wuh-Wore y-y-yourself ow-out?"

Nideous

Years
Thyme looked back to see Ellie and her trainer walking up to them. Ellie had yelled out a very loud greeting. Thyme's response was a typical one.
"What do you want?" she asked, though her tone wasn't nearly as sharp as it could have been.
"Don't start a fight Thyme," Bri said. Thyme shook her head and leaned back on the Trapinch. He turned to Skye.
"Yeah... I think they forgot all about us back here," Bri said. He shook his head. He didn't like the thought of being forgotten by his best friends.

Fuyu

Years
"Ih-hit was luh-luh-likely an ack-ack-accident," Skye told him kindly, watching as Ellie ignored Thyme's rude greeting and began circling Trapinch, sniffing the Hoenn Pokemon curiously. "Ah-hand theh-here's probably stuff ah-on their m-m-m-minds. D-Don't f-f-feel sad." Rama trotted up at this point, leaping onto Bri's head in a single bound and flopping over to stare at him upside down.

"What is with you and getting down in the dumps mister?" Rama asked ina mockingly scolding tone. "You gotta cheer up and stand tall or you are doomed!" The last word was said jokingly, playfully, and the Zorua laughed as he bounded off back toward his own trainer. "Doom and destruction!"

"Stuh-hop that," Skye muttered. "N-No more bad stuh-stuh-stories." He lifted Rama into his arms and the Pokemon instantly quieted.

Nideous

Years
Bri was about to answer Skye when Rama jumped on his head.
"Hahahah! You guys are right! There's no way they could forget about us!" Bri said. He kept walking, with a large smile on his face. He was looking forward to that ice cream! Thyme looked at Ellie for a moment.
"Hey! My moving throne! Go get your own!" she said jokingly to Ellie. She reached out and patted the Trapinch on the head, and leaned back again. Things were good.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent wanted to run faster to catch up with Sel and her Pikachu but he noticed that Terra was barely hanging on to his shoulder so he stopped to more of a jog. Blitz looked over to Snype and let out a puff of smoke, his way of saying hi. Then Blitz sped up as Vincent slowed down so he could get to town first but with the Pikachu's agility it probably wouldn't happen. Blitz was only a little behind Ryan and Sel as he reached the town with Vincent slowly following after.

"Well that was a good exercise!" Xack said as he stopped in front of Selene and started streching. He wasn't out of breath nor was he really phased by all the running he was used to it a this was one of those rare times he wasn't running for his life.

"Hey are you alright?" He asked Sel as she was looking as if she was in some pain. At that Wattage,Terra and Dyno jumped off of Vincent and went back to doing what they were doing before all the running. Wattage and Terra chasing after each other and Dyno and Blitz having a staring contest. Vince then looked back to see if he could see Bri he remembered he had some trouble keeping up and hoped that he would be coming soon.

Fuyu

Years
Ellie stuck her tongue out at Thyme before running eagerly back to Skye and leaping onto his head how. Skye chuckled. "Suh-hee? Juh-hust a little bih-bih-bih-hit further."

"More like you're just lazy!" Ellie shot back cheerfully before bounding down and running ahead of them. Skye laughed again but didn't chase her. He knew Ellie was fast enough. He figured he would make sure Bri was okay then go explore the area. He preferred that or going back to the campus and visiting the library. He wanted to look something up that likely wasn't on the internet.

Back