The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
What an ending, and I totally called what happened between Unalaq and Vaatu earlier! And while I firmly think Book 2 overall lacks in comparison to Book 1, this closing chapter to Book 2 exceeds that of Book 1. Whereas the first book finished off with what could have been a series ending and things going back to the way they were (understandable since Book 1 was originally supposed to be a stand alone series), Book 2 ended with a clear sign that things will be very different come Book 3 [and Book 4]. However, they both resolved the issue in similar ways: Korra finding herself at rock bottom, having to depend on the one thing she struggled with and being helped by some spiritual form.

Spoiler:
First off, while I absolutely loved the finale, I felt like the final fight wasn't as personal as it could have been. Korra wasn't just fighting Vaatu, she was also fighting her uncle and her father's brother. The silence between the two of them in the end only made it feel more impersonal. I felt like a lot of this could have been done a bit better if that family relation wasn't pushed back in favor of other subplots this season.

Also, I loved Jinora's role although it did feel out of nowhere.

I think the highlight of the finale and the season as a whole though was Tenzin's story. Having him come to realize that he is his own person and not a mirror of his father was done really well. The Fog of Lost Souls was utilized perfectly for this, and the inclusion of Tenzin's siblings really elevated his entire journey throughout Book 2.

Watching every past spirit of Avatars get destroyed was both mortifying and phenomenal. Every time another one disappeared, was every time it hurt even more. I'm really glad the writers didn't change this with one easy fix. It'll be interesting to see Korra discover herself later without the help of past Avatars and the link she has with the Spirit World. Part of me hopes they'll fix this bond in the future, but another part of me hopes they don't.

Two things I'm left wondering:
- Will some people have spirit partners in the next book?
- Will a new Dark Avatar be born or is Vaatu's spirit gone for another 10,000 years?

If I had to choose my favorite episode(s) of Book 2 it would be Beginnings Part 1 and Beginnings Part 2. Easily the highlight episodes of this season.

edit:
Aaaaand, Book Three's title will be...
Spoiler:
Change

Last edited by Guy; November 23rd, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
awolffromspace
whatever happens, happens

Username: awolffromspace
Element: Water
Who is your favorite character? Lin Beifong, shame she didn't make many appearances in Book Two. She was awesome in Book One, though.

Took me absolutely forever to join this hahaha.

Spoiler:
Sooo, the finale was very good but bittersweet.

- Korra losing her connection with the past Avatars was a nice way of letting of the past as well as implying that fans should stop comparing LoK with TLA and view the two for what are they are individually.
- Spirits living alongside humans is going to change up things quite a bit. I like it.
- I love that Varrick did a prison break. He's a great character and I hope we see him more later.
- Wan's episodes were probably the best in the entire series.
- Asami is very unlucky.
- BUMI.

Future spoilers:

Spoiler:
Apparently Book Three will focus on the Earth Kingdom. I bet each Book will be based on each element like TLA (Book One: learning airbending and spending time with the last airbenders, Book Two: fixing the conflict between the two Water Tribes, Book Three: Earth Kingdom, Book Four: Fire Nation and ZUKO).
Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
How have I not seen this fan club?!

Username: Hughes
Element: Fire
Answer a discussion topic: What did you think about the Beginnings episodes and the history of Avatar Wan?
Spoiler:
As for the episodes, what struck me the most was the artwork. The atmosphere was so open and dream-like that it almost didn't seem like reality. I felt the more traditional approach to it felt both appropriate and inappropriate. I liked that it tied into the time period, but it felt off when you know what the universe normally looks like and then they present this completely different look that we're supposed to believe is in the same universe. I thought the episodes as a whole were good, but not nearly as amazing as people make them out to be (the real star episode was A New Spiritual Age).

For Wan's story, I enjoyed that the Avatar wasn't a spiritual construct, so to say, but rather that it was through Wan's determination to right his wrong that resulted in this figure to be born. From the original ATLA, we are given the impression of the Avatar being this divine and destined being, when in reality he or she is just a human when everything is stripped away (this was also an important aspect of the Book 2 finale).

I also loved how the origins of the Avatar ties into the ideas of balance. The Avatar was never meant to destroy evil, but rather contain it, since one cannot exist without the other. It's such a unique perspective from the traditional good vs. evil approach to entertainment, which says "the good guys win and we all live happily ever after." The Avatar franchise brings more complexity to its relationship and shows how intertwined these are.

Wow, okay, I said a lot, but that's just how much I love these shows.

3DS FC: 5000 2479 0671 (Vash - Y)(Kara - X)
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Fletchinder
Black 2 FC: 2924 9605 4312
My Pokemon Tumblr: http://lumiosecafe.tumblr.com/
Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Username: Christopher
Element: Water
Answer a discussion topic:
4. Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival? Definitely water. Combat wise you have blood bending which is just gruesomely awesome. Survival wise, you can pull the moisture out plants, or even the air no going thirsty ever again.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:46 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolffromspace View Post
Who is your favorite character? Lin Beifong, shame she didn't make many appearances in Book Two. She was awesome in Book One, though.
Sadly her role was significantly reduced as the plot took the setting away from the city, but if your future spoilers are true, then hopefully she'll play an even bigger part in Book Three.
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Username: Oxidation.
Element: Fire.
Who is your favorite character?: Jet. <3 He's my bby in Avatar AND I HATED HOW HE DIED, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. T_T
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Leijon
i'll run away with your foot steps
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidation View Post
Username: Oxidation.
Element: Fire.
Who is your favorite character?: Jet. <3 He's my bby in Avatar AND I HATED HOW HE DIED, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. T_T
Hai Pala! I do agree that Jet's "death" is somehow cornyish and they also referenced that the fate of Jet wasn't really revealed in "The Ember Island Players" :]

I also love the fact the Katara is the ONLY character in the whole story that has been shown in EVERY book finale!

I literally can't wait for Book 3! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :33

I'LL BUILD A CITY THAT DREAMS FOR TWO.

#moirails @Marisa @Kimisumi #oras #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary

Old December 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Username: Venitardus
Element: Earth
Answer discussion topic: What was your favorite animal cross from the series? The badger mole because they were apparently 'the first earth benders' according to Toph in TLA. Also, I always wanted one as a pet. I thought they were cool looking and also having an animal that big would be awesome.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Owner of the club: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 4th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Leijon
i'll run away with your foot steps
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Book 3 Spoilers
Spoiler:
So it is confirmed that Lin would have a bigger role in Book 3 and according to this, 2014 will be the last year of production so we may see Book 3 and Book 4 releases sometime faster than Book 2 did.

Also, here's a pic from Book 3

I'm hoping that Bolin would have some deep connection to the animals this time :]

I'LL BUILD A CITY THAT DREAMS FOR TWO.

#moirails @Marisa @Kimisumi #oras #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary

Old January 26th, 2014, 01:36 PM
DarkLatias
Just call me Latias

Nature: Hasty
Username: DarkLatias

Element: Water (But Fire's awesome to <3)

Favorite Character: In ATLA it is Zuko and in LOK it is either Amon or Korra herself.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:52 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Just found out we're getting a book 3 and my god if I were a cartoon my jaw would drop. I was sure it was over for good - this is so, so great!

Super sorry for my poor activity in the club, ugh. ;A; I admit I've been lazy ever since the latest book ended, haha. But I'm still in love with the show as ever and cannot wait for book 3 to roll around so I can pour out all my thoughts. Korra, Mako, Bolin, my babies. :') So it's titled "Change"? Clearly a lot will go down and I'm very curious about how they'll incorporate all the changes from the last book's finale.

Super late but @Oxidation Jet's episodes always put a smile to my face! He reminded me of my first crush for some reason. Blagh.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
Welcome and thanks for joining, DarkLatias!

Right, Book 3 will provide Lin with a larger role. Sources also say that the new season will reveal more about her family and about Earthbending. Bumi will have a lot more screentime as well.

Quote:
Book Three: Change (易) will run for a total of thirteen episodes. Set a few weeks after the end of Book Two: Spirits, the nomenclature refers to the changes brought on by the energy shift of the planet due to Harmonic Convergence and Korra's battle with Unalaq and Vaatu.

On February 11, Michael Dante DiMartino revealed that Book Three's production was almost complete.
I'd expect it within a few more months, then!

HERE IS A LEAKED TRAILER

"Water. Earth. Fire. And Air. She controls them all. 'I'm Korra, your new avatar.'"

If moved for copyright infringement, use this link:
http://youpje.tumblr.com/post/771076...rra-commercial
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links