• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poetry] not what you thought

Years
I remember falling.
The last throes of twilight were seeping into dusk, nothing left of the sun besides a scarlet line dipping beyond the far mountains. High clouds splay across darkening periwinkle, cotton balls being stretched apart and sticking to fingers –
an empty solace as I tumbled nauseatingly through the coming night.

I had dreamt of this so often before, waking cold and numb unfeeling sick to the stomach
This wasn't what I expected. But, then, when was anything I expected ever right?

I couldn't stay balanced. Maybe that was the worst. I had imagined, before, as warm and soft, falling away from the clouds with the winds' gentle caresses,
with an eager sort of finality.

How could I see those candy clouds, now? everything was spinning, twisting around me a kaleidoscope of what I thought I knew and i was so sick
and afraid. So afraid, so chokingly terrified. the freedom I thought I knew was coming down around me, and

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello, I was wondering if this was supposed to end so abruptly or if you planned to write more.

Back