• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
I'm writing another RP already but I have a really good idea, or at least to me.

Something I haven't seen is a detective RP. The GM, maybe meh ;D, would be an evil criminal genius/serial killer or what not. The other maybe three characters would be detectives following on the evil guy's clues. I personally love detective shows like Monk or The Mentalist or Lie To Me. So maybe each detective has his own personal talent. (Decryption, Noticing Everything, Reading Emotion.) It seems like fun to me.

Tips? Feedback?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'm writing another RP already but I have a really good idea, or at least to me.

Something I haven't seen is a detective RP. The GM, maybe meh ;D, would be an evil criminal genius/serial killer or what not. The other maybe three characters would be detectives following on the evil guy's clues. I personally love detective shows like Monk or The Mentalist or Lie To Me. So maybe each detective has his own personal talent. (Decryption, Noticing Everything, Reading Emotion.) It seems like fun to me.

Tips? Feedback?

You saying that just made me think of L from Deathnote, which made me think of a Deathnote RP, which could be fun/interesting if you played your cards right, but that's a whole 'nother story ;P

Your RP idea sounds good too, but that all depends on the plot. Plus, some people might get bored of it, as apparently a RP needs constant action for people to remain interested in it... which is hard for any RP, but particularly one of that sort, as the plot might have to be a bit complicated and slow going for it to both be fun and make sense...

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
Another advertisement :D

My RP, the infamous War Between Pokemon & Humans, is going well, and going strong :)

BUT! I want to spice things up a bit, and I want more people to join it :) the more the merrier, you know! Some RPers have been inactive and i've kicked them out, so there are some new spaces available!

You can be a pokemon, or a human in the RP. You can do whatever you want, as long as you listen to your commander (other RPers)! Or you can overthrow them....

there are millions of possibilities, and the end is for you to decide.

RPA July here I come *rubs hands*

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Tips? Feedback?

I was totally planning to do a detective RP, Roserade. :) I still am, but I find myself in the position of being unable (or more like unwilling) to start another RP until my first one is finished, and seeing as it is pretty close to finished, I may start my new one. However, if you wish to do this idea instead, I'm cool with it, and I would participate :)

Aura.Lucario

Years
don't block my advertisement, SuperVegeta xD

I was totally planning to do a detective RP, Roserade. I still am, but I find myself in the position of being unable (or more like unwilling) to start another RP until my first one is finished, and seeing as it is pretty close to finished, I may start my new one. However, if you wish to do this idea instead, I'm cool with it, and I would participate

a detective RP would be rather hard, though, since you gotta have mysteries and riddles. But if those are ready, then I don't see why not :)

as for my RP, i'm still adding different systems to the War :) to make it unique! like this one, for example. still in design stage.
Spoiler:

btw have you guys read a series called Charlie Bone? (or Children of the Red king) It has eight books and it can be converted into an excellent RP. it has a LOT of potential in my opinion. The only downside - it's not famous, and people might not know about it. But really, it's a good series to base an RP on.

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
I was totally planning to do a detective RP, Roserade. :) I still am, but I find myself in the position of being unable (or more like unwilling) to start another RP until my first one is finished, and seeing as it is pretty close to finished, I may start my new one. However, if you wish to do this idea instead, I'm cool with it, and I would participate :)

Well, as I mentioned, I"m thinking of starting another RP, and as this was just an idea, you might as well do it. Maybe after yours is done, I'll think of a plot and try to make another one, I don't know. This is my whole idea. The GM would be a master criminal, and the others would be trying to capture him. But, the master criminal becomes bored and starts toying with the other characters and helps them in difficult cases. Still, the others agree they must capture him. It seems like fun.

And omigoodness. Aura. Lucario. I love the Charlie Bone series!!!

Aura.Lucario

Years
And omigoodness. Aura. Lucario. I love the Charlie Bone series!!!

Oh my god, someone knows about it! It's a wonderful series, and it's a little like Harry Potter, but BETTER! It's written by an British writer so you might not know about it though. The reason i'm suggesting the Charlie Bone series is because I wanna start an RP about it, if people here know about it, that is. So i'm asking: Does anyone of you know about it?

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Really, Yagerbomb, you shouldn't have done that. You're flaming RPs you're not even part of. If that had been a plot poll, and you would've read the whole RP and voted, then okay. But now, it was an opinion poll, and only meant for people in the RP itself.

Oh, and City of a Thousand Wishes, forget about it. I would've joined, but you've flamed a good RP.

Oh, now on topic. Me and Aura are thinking about making a new Wild West Pokemon RP. Its basic idea has been laid out, and it'll most probably be free roaming. It'll have several classes, like Bounty Hunters, Merchants, etc. And it'll also have a fame and notoriety system, and one more which is a surprise, and will be revealed when the RP is accepted. So, how many people would like to join such a RP?

Years
Oh my god, someone knows about it! It's a wonderful series, and it's a little like Harry Potter, but BETTER! It's written by an British writer so you might not know about it though. The reason i'm suggesting the Charlie Bone series is because I wanna start an RP about it, if people here know about it, that is. So i'm asking: Does anyone of you know about it?

I want one!! I love those characters!!! Charlie Bone ftw!~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
*copy pasting a message from some threads*

I might as well say it here now. I will be gone (working at a place without much Internet) from tonight and a whole month forward. Higher staff will take care of the RP Corner while my modly powers will actually be taken away until July 17th or so.

I hope all of you wonderful RPers will continue to keep this place alive and busy like you've done so well these past months.

I'm happy to announce that I think we've eradicated the one-liners, finally ;) wherever I look, I see well thought out IC posts. Thank you.

See you when I get back or when I find time to sneak on.

Aura.Lucario

Years
bye-bye, Age of One-Liners :)

since the day of my arrival i can split the RP corner timeline to three ages xD

1. The Age of Silence and Chapter Roleplays(before I joined, people told me that the RP corner's pretty quiet. I don't know what it's like before that though. Since i'm new :) will someone tell me? xD )

2. The Age of One-Liners (enough said)

3. The Age of Newcomers (the RP corner's suddenly flooded with new rookie Roleplayers :) and the RP corner is flooded with newbie Roleplays! A fun age)

4. The Age of Revolutionary Roleplaying (Now. Why it's revolutionary, well because a lot of new RPs nowadays introduce new systems to the Roleplaying. For example Diamond1304 has a leveling system, my War RP has Reinforcements,Legendary Summoning,Cities and Resources Systems, and my friend's new Rps will have 'Fame , Notoriety, and Presidential Stats System'. It's getting complex, but it adds variety. New Rules and Play styles are appearing, thanks to the RPer's creativity, and there are new genres of Roleplaying too, like Pirate RPs, Zombie RPs, War RPs etc. so this age can also be named The Age of Systems. But I like Revolutionary Roleplaying since it sounds cool!)

5. Unknown, only time will tell xD

RHCP, then who's gonna manage the RPAs July? Diamond? :)

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
I hope RPs will still be accepted, when you're gone, RHCP? Will they still be posted in your Check whether your RP has been Accepted thread?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
^ quite true :)

Last year, when I started to stalk this place (and post here with an alt, lol) there were, like, a couple of RPs being posted in each day.

Now, more than half the first index page got posts today or yesterday! And spam is at a minimum level. The quiet RP Corner has lived up and become a RP Universe. Pat yourselves on the back, people.

As for the RPA of July, I'll be back before July ends so I can probably take care of it. You won't need more than a couple of weeks to vote ;p

And rustymenon, I've asked parallelzero (the red admin) to take care of that. I don't know if he'll be posting in that thread, but let's hope he will.

Last edited:

Aura.Lucario

Years
Rustymenon's quite true? *le gasp*

*pats myself on the back, and finds out that i can't reach it* now the Age of Revolutionary Roleplaying has started :) with different kinds of RPs, suitable for everybody! From Pirates to Zombies, from Wars to the Wild West, from Animals to Pokemon, From something to something!

I don't know what the next age would be, but we'll see it when it comes! :)

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Hey guys, I guess this is some sort of advertisement. But my RP, The Children Are Hunted, needs a few members. Check it out, and tell me what you think. If you are on the verge of joining, but don't know, PM so you can tell me why. ^^

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...Eugh, I stuffed up with my RP.
I need to postpone it until next month, because I'm leaving.
I fear it will lose a couple of people by that time...

Aura.Lucario

Years
I think the Age of Revolutionary Roleplaying won't be complete with a new style of Roleplaying! :D systems are not enough. I have an idea, but I don't know if it'll work. I want comments please! :)

it's actually two RPs, but they're somehow connected. For example, one's called Pokemon Diamond and one's called Pokemon Pearl, and somewhere in the RP, the people in both RPs meet in a new RP thread called Pokemon Platinum. It's called 'twin RPing' , Where two RPs are somehow related to each other. At first, it's a normal RP, where you do what you want, roaming, missions and stuff, and halfway in the story, you and your other twin RP combines, in a new thread, and RP together. Each side with have about 6 RPers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back