• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
what program do people use to make support banners?

This site is pretty good.(Yeah..it's not a program, but it makesgood basic banners...well userbars anyway lol). But for programs, you could use GIMP, or something like photoshop,but photoshop you have to pay for. Just google tutorials on how to use them.

Also, I have a question, how do you edit the backsprites of trainers and Pokemon? What program do you use for that? Hacked UNlz.gba doesn't seem to do that...

Hiei

Trial and Error-er-er
Years
If this is a really dumb question, I'm sorry, but...
How the heck do you change town names with Advance Map, or anything really?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
If this is a really dumb question, I'm sorry, but...
How the heck do you change town names with Advance Map, or anything really?
There should be a bunch of tabs near the top of the program such as Map, Movement Permissions, Events, etc. Click on the one titled "Header." There you can edit the town name, the music that plays, and a lot of other stuff.

Hiei

Trial and Error-er-er
Years
There should be a bunch of tabs near the top of the program such as Map, Movement Permissions, Events, etc. Click on the one titled "Header." There you can edit the town name, the music that plays, and a lot of other stuff.

Well I kinda knew about that, only thing is, I have no idea what any of it means.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
This site is pretty good.(Yeah..it's not a program, but it makesgood basic banners...well userbars anyway lol). But for programs, you could use GIMP, or something like photoshop,but photoshop you have to pay for. Just google tutorials on how to use them.

Also, I have a question, how do you edit the backsprites of trainers and Pokemon? What program do you use for that? Hacked UNlz.gba doesn't seem to do that...

What game are you using?

In ruby if I remember correctly the the Male and Female characters back sprites are uncompressed graphics, which you can find by scrolling through a tile edtiro such as Tile Layer Pro.

The Pokemon in ruby can be changed by either using RSball or PokePic.

Though most probably im taking a guess that you are using Fire Red, you will be to use UnlzGBA for that, you just need to find all the locations of the Pokemon etc.(there are a few documents in the document section of this forum)

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
How do I change the titlescreen cry in pokemon firered? I downloaded a program with a drop down list, but whenever I select the cry i want,save, and load the rom, it still sounds the charizard cry anyways.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
How do I change the titlescreen cry in pokemon firered? I downloaded a program with a drop down list, but whenever I select the cry i want,save, and load the rom, it still sounds the charizard cry anyways.

Maybe you should try something else?
You could always find the Charizard cry in a hex editor and change it to something else.
Or you can find such other tools in the toolbox.

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
What game are you using?

In ruby if I remember correctly the the Male and Female characters back sprites are uncompressed graphics, which you can find by scrolling through a tile edtiro such as Tile Layer Pro.

The Pokemon in ruby can be changed by either using RSball or PokePic.

Though most probably im taking a guess that you are using Fire Red, you will be to use UnlzGBA for that, you just need to find all the locations of the Pokemon etc.(there are a few documents in the document section of this forum)

I mean, I see the Pokemon front sprites and all, but the only back sprites I see are the Pokemon's shiny backsprites....But thank you for answering :D I'll keep searching through the sprites some more.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
If you are using unlz.gba, try going forwards or backwards a few palettes. Shiny sprites are only the original sprite but with a different colour scheme applied to them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Maybe you should try something else?
You could always find the Charizard cry in a hex editor and change it to something else.
Or you can find such other tools in the toolbox.

I have no idea on how to work a hex editor because whenever i open it up, i get an error code and a bunch of numbers. so i guess i'll look for a different tool.

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
I know this is a pretty stupid question....but where is the topic where you're shown how to make simple and basic hacking tools? Can someone please direct me to that page? I found it once, but I can't anymore lol. All answers are appreciated.

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024

How do you make the picture you put on the left transparent background

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
How do you make the picture you put on the left transparent background

This isn't exactly the right place to ask this,
I you are using Paint I beleive you can make the background white and save it as a Gif and it will be transparent.

If you are using GIMP or any other similar image maniulation package, you just use the magic wand to select and delte the backgorund, then export it with alpha transparency.

Years

It's not that hard to do it in hex for generations 1 & 2 pokemon. Generation 3 Pokemon are a little more difficult.
For Generationss 1 & 2 pokemon.
Go to 0x791EE, and change the byte there to the number of your Pokemon in hex. Except with this way you can only use Pokemon up to Celebi. As it is only one byte.
So if you're confused Charizard is 0x06, Venusaur is 0x03, Nidorino is 0x21, Grimer is 0x58, etc.
For Generation 3 pokemon.
Go to 0x791EE still. If unchanged you'll see 06 20 00 21. You'll need to change it to this to:
FF 20 [Pokemon number - 0xFF] 30
So for example, Deoxys, which is number 0x19A or 410. And 0xFF is equal to 255.
So 410 - 255 = 155
Convert 155 to Hex. Which is 9B. Change the 4 bytes at 0x791EE to...
FF 20 9B 30
Hopefully that helps.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Re-naming Maps?

I'm trying to rename one of my maps in A-map from "Spire Valley" to "West Spire". But when I go under the Header tab and rename it, it renames every "Spire Valley" map that I have to "West Spire". I want to name my other map "East Spire", not "West Spire". Help?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
how do i change pokemon cry's
I've never tried it but try using a program called Pokecry I think it comes with Elitemap.

I'm trying to rename one of my maps in A-map from "Spire Valley" to "West Spire". But when I go under the Header tab and rename it, it renames every "Spire Valley" map that I have to "West Spire". I want to name my other map "East Spire", not "West Spire". Help?
Move the map you want to be called "West Spire" into another Map Bank (an empty one) then rename the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back